AAI One World Scholarship 2022-2023 in Austria_ The AAI On World Scholarships available for Developing Countries is currently accepting online applications into its scholarship scheme for the 2022/2023 academic cycle. This article drives you through all the necessary steps you need to take to be able to secure the AAI scholarship, also embedded in this content are the benefits of the AAI program to students, application deadline and other key details, kindly read on..
The One-World-Scholarship-Scheme is set as a partial scholarship and is established to assist students from Africa, Latin America and Asia who have moved to Austria on their personal choices, in order to round up their education. Prospective applicants who wish to successfully bag this award are expected to focus on questions that are related to development of the student’s studies and research.
AAI One World Postgraduate Scholarship in Austria
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Host Organization: Afro-Asiatisches Institut Salzburg (AAI)
Host Country: Australia
Course to study: Possible fields of study are outlined later in this article
State of Origin: NA
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
About the Host Organization
The Afro-Asian Institute Salzburg (AAI) is an organization (non-profit) which has bonding ties with the university of Salzburg. The organisation’s finance is gotten mostly from public funds and from the Catholic Church. The sole aim and objective of the AAI are to offer educational services which are related to development policy, AAI also aims to enable intercultural encounters and to enhance interfaith dialogue.
The AAI is a point of meeting for different cultures and religions. The organization show variable global contexts achieved through a changing educational and cultural program, this is geared towards raising awareness of injustices and towards setting out development policy issues plus its risks in the aspect of globalization. Individuals in the movement, as well as experts and professionals from the “global South” have a great opportunity in the AAI organization, as they too can take the floor.
Within the course of the AAI scholarship program, students from African, Latin American and Asian countries are granted financial support, as well as other personal accompaniment, they are also given the opportunity to take part in the organisation’s educational program.
Possible Fields of Specialization at The AAI One World Scholarship
The possible fields that one can specialize on at the AAI One World Scholarship include;
- poverty reduction
- social justice
- global migrations
- gender equality
- climate change
- sustainable use of resources
- food security
- renewable energies,
- environmental protection
- sustainable tourism,
- human rights
- good governance
- fighting corruption
- conflict prevention and resolution,
- international relations
- intercultural dialogue. This list is to provide candidates applying for the scholarship with an idea of relevant topics available for the program- Note: this list is not exclusive.
Benefits And Aims of AAI One World Scholarship
- The Benefits and Aims of AAI One World PG Scholarship in Austria are highlighted below;
- Financial Assistance: This scholarship will be considering applicant’s income, savings, other kinds of support available for the applicant, profession and salaries of parents in a bid to choose students who would hardly be able to successfully conclude their academic studies without financial grants.
- Other Benefits: Within the course of the AAI scholarship program, students from African, Latin American and Asian countries are granted financial support, as well as other personal accompaniment, they are also given the opportunity to take part in the organisation’s educational program. No scholarship is available for: Studies at private universities PG study programmes (“Lehrgänge”, for example “Universitätslehrgang” or even “Fachhochschullehrgang”) plus other non-degree certificate programmes
Eligibility Requirements for Applications into the AAI One World Scholarship
Applicants who are nationals of countries that are under the list of non-European developing country, countries fit to apply for the AAI One World Scholarship includes; Saint Helena; Saint Kitts and Nevis;Afghanistan; Algeria; Angola; Anguilla; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Senegal; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa;TimorLeste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Cook Islands; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia – Federated States of; Mongolia; Niue; Pakistan; Palestinian territories; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia;Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Sudan; Suriname; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania – United Republic ; Thailand; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea – Republic of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central Montserrat; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Iraq; Comoros; Congo; Congo – Democratic Republic of the Equatorial Guinea;
To be admitted for either a Master or PhD programme at an institution or university of applied sciences sited in Salzburg or Tyrol (FH. Salzburg, Uni. Salzburg, Uni. Innsbruck, MCI, FH Kufstein). Below is the Admission requirement for this scholarship;
- Admission Requirements for PhD students: approved disposition
- Age limit: for Master students the maximum age is 30 years (For mothers is 35 years), PhD applicant’s maximum age limit is 35 years (for mothers is 40 years) at the time of online applications
For Students on Residence permit; The scholarship scheme will assist in exercising “the right to education”, the exercise is for those young critical and intellectual students who experience poor conditions in their home nations. These section will still apply more to female applicants (women). Regarding applications from fit and qualified individuals, priority is granted first to female students.
Documents Required for AAI One World Scholarship Application
Below are the list of every required document you need in order to apply for the AAI One World Scholarship in Austria;
- Candidate’s Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation from Applicant
- Residence permit (if not available, provide at least a visa if you are not yet in Austria)
- Account statement of yours ( the account statement is to cover your statement for past 3 months)
- Certificate of admission plus the confirmation of enrollment slip
- Examinations taken plus the results of current studies
- For Master applicants, Provide a Bachelor’s diploma plus its translation (that is if the original copy is written in a language that is not either French, English or Spanish). Also provide the Abstract of your Bachelor thesis.
- for PhD students: Provide a Master’s diploma plus its translation ( that is if the original copy is written in a language that is not either French, English or Spanish). You are also expected to provide the Abstract of your Master thesis plus the Opinion of your academic supervisor. Other required document, is a Detailed description of your research project, include how its going to contribution to development practice (or discourse)
The application is very much open to every interested candidate, the last date for applications into this scholarship program is on the July 31, 2022. After the application deadline, decision of successful applicants will then be taken by the scholarship committee, Decision of the team is expected to come around mid August. Information about the decision will be released shortly after.
Application Process Flow
Candidates are to make use of the online form created for the purpose of scholarship application by the AAI One World Scholarship scheme.
- Kindly send the required documents to [email protected] ( this is usually a free data transfer, wetransfer)
- After your application has passed through the reviewing process, you will be called for an online-interview.
- The decision of successful applicants will then be taken by the scholarship committee, Decision of the team is expected to come around mid August. Information about the decision will be released shortly after.
Selection Criteria For The AAI One World Scholarship
- Financial need: The selection team will be considering applicant’s income, savings, other kinds of support available for the applicant, profession and salaries of parents in a bid to choose students who would hardly be able to successfully conclude their academic studies without financial grants.
- Evidence of remarkable progress in one’s studies: Good progress in student’s study which will be revealed by the transcript of records of both current and past academic levels. In programmes that requires no entry exams, candidates who have already finished at least one (1) semester at any Austrian university or institution of higher learning have a distinctive advantage.
- Student’s provided Interest in development at the submitted forms plus specialisation in studies: applicants are expected to dish out a strong interest in development and issues relating to development. This is expected to be reflecting in the student’s choice of study fields, their former work experience plus other voluntary activities/tasks etc.
This is an Amazing opportunity to utilize, the One-World-Scholarship-Scheme which is set as a partial scholarship is ready to assist students from Africa, Latin America and Asia in rounding up their higher educations. Make sure to apply in time, share with colleagues as well!
- Top 50 Best High Schools in San Antonio
- Top 12 Best Medical Schools for Surgery in USA
- Scholarships At the University Of Malaya For International Students
- AAI One World Scholarship in Austria 2022-2023