Apply For Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
The University of Lyon is a French public research university in Lyon, France. It was founded by a papal bull in the fourteenth century.
The origins of the University go back to the 12th century when, as Saint Vincent II’s College, it was created to compensate for the absence of urban schools in Lyon. Attached to this were both an elementary school and a college. The college became known as Saint Irenaeus College, from which it derives its name from “University of Lyon”. In 1765 they obtained the status of Royal Academy, but with faculties only in Law and Medicine.
From 1802 to 1804, the University of Lyon was closed due to the Napoleonic invasions, and its activities were moved to Grenoble. The university was finally restored from 1809 to 1811, but due to the Napoleonic wars, it lost some of its staff and students.
In 1896 Émile Boutmy created the College of Science, the predecessor of the present Computer Science Department. The Faculty of Sciences was built in Lyon in about 1800 – it currently houses several laboratories including a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectrometer purchased by Jean-Pierre Changeux and Jacques Monod for their pioneering work on Neurotransmitters at Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique (IBP).
Ampère Scholarships are awarded by the French government every year to exceptionally strong and committed students who are residents of France. They come in two categories: one for university students and one for high-school seniors. The scholarships provide a living scholarship, free accommodation, and a travel grant of 12 000 € per year.
The scholarship is open to students from all disciplines. To be eligible, one has to have French nationality, be a resident of France, and have an excellent knowledge of the French language. Applications are judged by academic merit and motivation, with a preference given to students who can demonstrate outstanding potential for their future careers.
The scholarship was created in 2010 by the mathematician Geneviève Fraisse and her husband Jean-Pierre Serre with help from the mathematician Clément Mouhot. The scholarship is financed through endowments by the Irène Joliot-Curie fund, the estate of Georgette Ballanceau, and donations from private foundations such as that of Jean Lerondel.
Summary Of Details Of The Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
The scholarships last for one year and can be renewed. The scholarship offers a monthly remuneration. It is possible to apply only in one field of study, or in three geographical areas. To apply for the scholarship applicants must be Master in Science or Doctorate students from a French school recognized by the French Ministry of National Education (Ministère de l’Éducation Nationale et de la Recherche).
The scholarship is open to residents holding French nationality and who are at least 25 years old at the time of being granted the scholarship. The prospective student must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree which is the first or second degree in engineering, science, or mathematics.
Applicants must submit their application in two forms: either with a written essay about the field of study or with their CV. The scholarship will be awarded to applicants who meet all requirements as stipulated by the French Ministry of National Education (Ministère de l’Éducation Nationale et de la Recherche).
This scholarship was created by the “Association des étudiants d’ampère” and offers a monthly payment for undergraduate studies.
Host Country: France
Host University: Ens De Lyon
Scholarship Type: Partial Scholarship
Funded by: Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
The application deadline for this scholarship is March 2023
Documents Needed to Apply for Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
The documents needed to apply are:
- The Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation for the applicant, which must be signed by two people that know him or her well and attest to his or her ability to benefit from an international experience. These letters must be written in French or English and submitted via email.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or equivalent government identification document, certified by his or her embassy or consulate.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation for the applicant, which must be written in English and submitted via email. All these letters must be from university professors or other international relations officers who have no personal relationship with the applicant. A letter can’t be written by a person who has “a friendship” with the applicant.
The school’s principal should check that any letter of recommendation is not written by anyone whom he or she knows personally; it is also acceptable for an international relations officer to lie about knowing someone that the principal has met on social media and falsely claim to know the principal.
Eligibility Criteria for Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- Must have great academic achievement
- Must have shown commitment and excellence in the following areas – leadership, service to others, extracurricular and/or cultural activities – Must be legally residing in France as an immigrant or a refugee and not eligible for any other scholarships organized by the French government or other organizations.
- Must be residing in a French region that has been struck by a major natural or man-made disaster.
Ampère Scholarships of Excellence are a French scholarship offered to people who are committed, hardworking, and with high academic achievements.
How to Apply for Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
Here are the steps to applying:
1. Find the application form:
a) Visit the official site
b) Select “apply for AMPERE Scholarships” on the left menu bar and then “AMPERE Scholarships of Excellence”.
c) Fill in the form with your data (name, date of birth, nationality). You will need to complete your contact information before you can submit it.
2. Send the completed application form to:
Mahmud Ahmed (Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Université de Strasbourg)
3. You will receive a confirmation email with your application form. Upon receiving this email, you must proceed as follows:
a) Take a scan or photo that clearly shows your name and the AMPERE logo (see “For further information”)
b) Post it to [email protected] using the subject line “Eligibility Confirmation”.
c) Include a copy of your documents (passport, degree diploma/certificate, CV)…as well as some personal description explaining why you are interested in becoming an AMPERE Scholar.
Benefits to Gain from Ampère Scholarships of Excellence, France
Here are the benefits to gain from this scholarship:
You will get the chance to develop your research project
- Get a chance to perform an open and independent research project
- You will have free access to scientific articles in French language, on any topic of your choice
- Develop your professional skills with the help of French experts
- Take part in theoretical discussions about science and its application to the society around you.
- Use all the resources in the library of the French Institute of Science and Technology (IST) in Paris.
- Full support to attend conferences, workshops, and seminars at IST
- Take part in scientific work meetings with other students from around the world
- Get acquainted with French culture and society through lectures, excursions, and other activities organized by IST.
- You will gain valuable experience that will open new opportunities for you after your graduation.
The Scholarships of Excellence for the Promotion of Science and Technology are a part of the mission of the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research. They offer scholarships each year to students, who are selected according to their interest in science or technology and are expected to demonstrate their capabilities in this field. The aim is not only to support promising students but also their teachers by offering them fellowships and providing laboratory equipment. Globally, these scholarships attract more than 6,000 applicants annually
In no way do they undermine national education funding in France as they support an important initiative that promotes science education both nationally and internationally
The University Hospitals (UH) Board had granted these Fellowships since 2008.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a full scholarship in France?
The French Foreign Ministry awards many different scholarships to foreign students. 25% of these scholarships are directly financed by the Ministry in the framework of Eiffel (for Master’s or Doctoral level studies) or Major programmes (for the best foreign students who have graduated from French high schools abroad).
What is Global Excellence scholarship?
The University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarship (International) is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies. This scholarship is: Available for commencing students.
- How To Apply For University Of Copenhagen University
- Apply For Fully Funded University Of Debrecen University