About New York University – A private University in New York City was founded in the year 1831 with a total of about 27,000 undergraduates who enroll every year. Situated in the city of New York, students are exposed to various economic, academic, and financial opportunities. Students with an ambition to study in an environment that has a rich diversifying culture demonstrated in various ways.
New York University has three campuses in three different nations; New York, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai, China. NYU also offers its students study sites for international travel and educational opportunities, allowing them to take advantage of study-abroad experiences in locations like France, Ghana, London, Australia, Italy, Argentina, and several others spread abroad.
The New York campus located in Greenwich Village, Manhattan – is surrounded by Art, entertainment, and culture, and easy student transportation with the subway. Students visit the Museums, theatres, galleries, and tourist centers like Times Square, Rockefeller Center, and Broadway.
The Abu Dhabi campus is located in Dubai and the neighboring country of Saudi Arabia where the students not only get access to New York’s prestigious courses and Dubai’s seven emirates.
Founded in 2013, Shangai- the newest campus in China is set in the center of China’s City boats a location that makes exploring and interaction easy for students in China.
The University’s facilities and colleges are ranked high in the World. Comprising 19 schools, divisions, and colleges in five centers in Manhattan, the University has the following:
- An undergraduate college of Arts and Sciences
- A graduate school of Arts and Sciences
- A business school
- A graduate school of Undergraduate services
- A school of education
- A health, nursing, and Arts school
- A school of medicine
- A college of dentistry
- A law school
- A school of social work
- A postgraduate medical school
- A school of continuing education
International Studies at NYU
To be qualified for international studies at New York University, you have to be a non-U.S applicant. The tuition fee for graduate and undergraduate students vary according to the choice of course destination. Home to many students both local and International from all around the World, some financial aid assistance has been provided to help students who cannot afford an education achieve their study goals.
Courses available at New York University
First-year Students are exposed to undergraduate courses like:
- Childhood Education
- Neural Science
- Environmental Biology
- Photography and imaging
- Art and history
- Business and political economy
- Business and management
- Applied physics
- Bimolecular Science
- Business and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Integrated Design and Media
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Science and technology studies
- Sustainable Urban Environments and a few others while Graduate programs include:
- Public Health
- Executive MBA
- Digital Business
- Global Finance
- Arts and Humanities
- Business management
- Professional writing
- Translation and interpreting
- Management and Systems
- Project Management
- Quantitative management
- Counseling and Guidance
- Counseling in Mental Health and wellness
- Communicative Sciences and Disorder
- Online Master of Health Administration
- Public Health
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biotechnology and Entrepreneurship
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Scholarships in New York University
This scholarship is usually awarded to academically-sound students who need financial need and are also the first in their families to attend college. This scholarship covers the tuition and is currently renewable after four years of undergraduate studies.
Amount: Full time
Chesler Pre law Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to students in the junior year of their undergraduate studies that are taking up a Pre-Law degree and demonstrate a strong academic record. To apply, candidates must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or more, exhibit leadership roles in the college community program, and have an intention to apply to law school.
International Student Scholarship
Students who plan to pursue a Master’s degree in Global Affairs or Global Security are awarded this scholarship. These students must be in the process of pursuing the MSGA or MSGCC on a full-time basis for two years.
Amount: $5,000 to $10,000
This scholarship is awarded to students in the form of fellowships that allows financial support and academic assistance, helping them acquire academic experiences. Some of these fellowships are the NYU Wasserman Grants for career Development, committed to supporting international students in their learning environment, the NYU Changemaker Fellowship which grants 16 students $5,000 each that are working in unpaid internships in the summer, and the NYU Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowship Program that offers a group of Returned Peace Corps volunteers a scholarship to pursue a Master’s degree at any of the participating graduate school.
Degree: Master’s and Ph.D
Amount: Allowances and tuition fees covered
Research and Teaching Assistantship
This scholarship is awarded by the departments, given to students who wish to study and cater for themselves while in the school environment. Graduate scholars get financial assistance in living and tuition a fee which reduces their costs and opens doors of research for them. As fellow assistants, students will b asked to engage in teachings and research, getting involved in departmental activities. This affects the eligibility criterion that positively affects the requirement for financial aid.
Degree; Master’s and Ph.D
The following documents are needed for application to the New York University;
School Report: this includes everything compiled from the high school report to the college report, academic, testing, and mid-year reports as well as recommendations from an authorized person from past schools.
Academic Records: this includes transcripts from college/university for transfer students having all the accomplishments and academic courses taken, grades, and total G.P.A of the applicant.
Recommendation or Evaluation: this contains a summary of your experience as a student, personal and academic evaluation inclusive, from a counselor of the student’s school
Final report: submitted by the students after being admitted into the University.
College Report: this is submitted by transfer students who wish to study at the New York University
Standardized Testing for language
Application fee of #25
- To be eligible for a scholarship at New York University, applicants must have;
- Completed their country’s education before arriving on campus for the fall semester
- Completed a Diploma or
- Be applying from nations that have a school leaving certificates based on the British educational model
- Been enrolled in a foundation year program outside of the U.S
Transfer students must meet the criteria above and;
- Must be currently enrolled as degree applicants at a college or university
- Must be or must have been enrolled in a non-degree program in the U.S
How to apply
There is a step–by–step method of application for a scholarship program at New York University
- Start and make sure you finish the Application online where your mail, contact information, and the documents above are needed.
- Gather and submit the important documents stated.
- Await a mail that will be sent to you for confirmation.
The process is similar for transfer students.
Benefits of choosing New York University
A diverse city that makes room for personal growth and development, exposes students to opportunities that heighten their sense of learning, full of rich culture, here are some reasons why this choice of destination is common;
- Flexibility in University Policy that Is student-friendly
- International Communities that allow an exchange of ideas and interaction
- Awesome student life with clubs and associations that assist and help them navigate through the school and studies
- Exciting experiences and exposure
- Job placements and opportunities
- Good food
- Students learn to adapt and blend wherever they find themselves
- Nice students communities and assists
- Financial aids
- Opportunity to work and study
Applications are currently ongoing for Spring, Summer, and Fall.