Seeing this post means that you are looking for information about how you can apply for and also get U.S. jobs through visa sponsorship. It might be that you must have heard about this somewhere else and decided to look for information about it, well, this post has got you covered.
It goes without saying that the United States is one of the best places in the world to work, making it the top choice for many travelers from around the globe. Many foreign nationals are immigrating to the US in pursuit of better opportunities.
It’s a great area to live and work because there are many career and business chances there.
We have taken the time to find reliable sources of information on how to apply for jobs in the United States through the visa sponsorship program, and we think that after reading this post, you will have most of the pertinent information you require to start the process.
Let’s get on without further ado.
U.S. Jobs With Visa Sponsorship
Many immigrants are currently using the visa sponsorship program in the United States since it is a visa program that allows foreign employees to enter the nation to assist fill labor shortages.
A person applying for a visa may receive support through the program from a U.S. government agency, a U.S. company or organization, or a family member already residing in the country.
You must first receive a job offer from a U.S. corporation or employer before you can begin your application. Alternatively, you can enroll in a U.S. university and then migrate to the country to live, work, or study there.
When you apply for U.S. jobs with a sponsor, it means that you have a person in the U.S. who is prepared and eager to sponsor your entry into the nation for a particular purpose.
Reasons to Apply for Jobs in the United States with Sponsored Visas
The United States is the top destination for many immigrants because of the abundance of job opportunities there and the fact that it is one of the best places in the world to live and work.
The United States is fortunate to have a stable economy, higher living standards, and an improved healthcare system, among other things.
You must obtain a work visa in order to be able to work in the United States as a foreign worker; however, in order to do so, you must first find employment there.
Because your possible employer will handle the procedure of obtaining your visa to come work in their organization or firm, finding a U.S. job with visa sponsorship will decrease the hassle of getting a visa to work in the nation.
The U.S. Visa Sponsorship Program
The U.S. visa sponsorship program is divided into different categories and they are:
· The Immigrant Diversity Visa Sponsorship
This is a special program run by the American government that allows foreign nationals with low immigration status to relocate permanently to the country. Foreigners can access the program through the U.S. Department of State.
Every year, a random selection of more than 50,000 foreigners is made as part of the U.S. Diversity Visa Sponsorship program.
If you are successful, you will receive a visa under this program and may be eligible to receive a Green Card, allowing you to live, work, and settle permanently in the United States.
· Employment Visa Sponsorship (H1B Visa)
Employers in the United States can hire and sponsor foreign workers to come to the country to fill labor shortages through this program, which comes with a job offer.
Through the Employment Visa Sponsorship, you are attested to as a resident who is employed and as someone who will be devoted to the position for which you were hired.
To sponsor your employment visa, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will need some paperwork from your prospective employer.
Your employer will send different papers and letters including information about your employment and the terms of your contract to the USCIS.
How To Find U.S. Jobs With Visa Sponsorship
Here are some of the steps you would need to follow to find U.S. jobs with visa sponsorship:
- Look up available positions in the database of H1B visa sponsors.
If you’re seeking for employers in the US that will sponsor your visa, you might try searching the database of HIB visa sponsors for organizations that have in the past sponsored visas for positions in the US.
Make sure to learn how many petitions for employment-based visas they file annually and base your choice of employers for job applications on their ratings.
To boost your chances of getting hired, look for businesses that are relevant to your industry or areas of expertise.
2. Apply for the job
After doing all your research, you can proceed to applying for the job. During your research, you could make a list of all the companies that you want to apply for and rank them based on the number of visa applications they accept and reject every year.
After you must have compiled your list, you can start applying for the jobs. Ensure that you resume has all the necessary information and also do well to write a comprehensive job application that will interest your potential employer and make them want to meet you.
How To Obtain A Letter Of Sponsorship For USA Jobs
It is difficult to obtain a sponsorship letter for American employment, but that is not an issue. To make things a little bit simpler for you, some businesses engage an immigration lawyer to handle your visa processing.
Here are some procedures you must complete in order to apply for a work visa in the United States:
- To start, you receive a job offer from an American employer or business.
- The Department of Labor then receives a labor certification, particularly if it is a non-immigrant visa. The employment certification paper will attest to the fact that you are employed because the employer or business was unable to fill the position with a qualified American citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- The USCIS will thereafter get your supporting documentation. You must provide your employment contract, credentials, and other required documents.
- The processing of your request for visa sponsorship will then require some waiting. Your application will be processed by the USCIS once all necessary paperwork has been received.
- It should be noted that the length of the application depends on the number of pending cases with the USCIS, so processing the applications may take some time.
- Once you and your prospective employer have been informed that your application has been accepted, you can begin the real visa application procedure with the American embassy in your home country.
- You and your employer will be informed if your application was rejected, and the reason will also be disclosed.
How Long Is The Sponsorship Of A Visa Valid?
It is difficult to obtain sponsorship for a visa, but once you have done so, you must have the visa before you can plan your trip. You may begin working as soon as you arrive in the US. However, the validity of a non-immigrant work visa is only transitory in nature and will eventually expire.
Depending on the type of visa you have, the nonimmigrant work visa is valid. While other visas may only be good for a year, the H-1B visa is valid for three years. To find out when your visa expires, you must review its specifics.
You can request an extension when your visa is about to expire. Your employer may reapply to USCIS for sponsorship, and you may then be granted a visa. Nonimmigrant visas are only eligible for a maximum of two or three renewals.
Once you obtain one of the permanent immigrant work visas, you also receive a Green Card. The Green Card is renewable indefinitely and has a 10-year validity period. You can apply for citizenship in the United States after five years of residing and working here.
What Companies Sponsor Work Visa For U.S. Jobs?
Here, we will be listing the top 10 companies in the U.S. that offer visa sponsorship for U.S. jobs:
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Cognizant Technology Solutions US
- HCL America
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does the sponsorship of an employment visa cost?
The costs of the employment visa sponsorship are highlighted below:
- Form I-129 (Petition for Non-immigrant worker): 460 US Dollars
- Form I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers): 700 US Dollars
- American Competitiveness and Workforce Improvement Act of 1998 charges: Between 750 US Dollars – 1,500 US Dollars
- Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee: 500 US Dollars
- For employers with more than 50 employees, with half of them being foreign nationals: Between 4,000 US Dollars – 4,500 US Dollars
- Visa Application Fee: 190 USD (the fee might be different depending on your nationality)
2. How long is a sponsorship of an employment visa valid?
The sort of visa you are working with actually determines how long the sponsorship of an employment visa will last. If you have an immigrant visa, you will receive a green card that is good for 10 years and can be renewed indefinitely after that. After five years, you could also apply for permanent residence.
Non-immigrant visas are only good for a year or a maximum of three years.
We hope the information we’ve provided in this post has given you some insight into how to obtain U.S. employment through sponsorship of a visa.
The best time to start your application is right now because there are many corporations, businesses, and organizations in the United States who are eager to fill labor shortages by hiring foreign-trained individuals. Some of these businesses will sponsor your visa so you can work there.
Scorershub.com – us jobs with visa sponsorship
Atlys.com – what is visa sponsorship
Ziprecruiter.com – visa sponsorship
Visaguide.world – us visa sponsorship