Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand Now Ongoing: Stunning beaches, soaring skyscrapers, and just the right mix of tradition and modernity — Thailand is a land of beauty that welcomes visitors from all over the world. If you are looking for a place to experience a thrilling new adventure whilst working on your career or researching for your studies in engineering, architecture, and environmental sciences, the Asian Institute of Technology is one great option.
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) at present has 5 campuses: Bangkok Campus (Thailand), Por-Phetchaburi Campus (Thailand), Kyoto Campus (Japan), Tehran Campus (Iran), and Viet Nam Hai Phong City Campus.
The Institute (AIT) is located in the city of Bangkok and is closely affiliated with the Royal University of Phraramongkut in Thailand. The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is a private higher education institution situated in Thailand. The institute was founded by King Rama VI in 1967 as “Kindergarten of Applied Sciences”.
The Asian Institute of Technology is running 4 campuses in Thailand and 1 campus each in Japan, Iran, and Vietnam. The Institute of Technology (AIT), is located on Devdindang Road, Bangkok, Thailand with its programs accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) provides scholarship opportunities for international students.
All MBA and MSc degree programs are accredited by the Thai Ministry of Education. The MBA degree program is also accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Master’s program in Architectural Studies at AIT is taught by well-known architects from Thailand.
The fellowship is designed to further develop the Asian Institute of Technology’s outreach programs in Thailand and beyond. It offers a tuition waiver, that is contingent upon the recipient’s participation in facilitating some aspect of the program. On top of this, the institute will offer an online Master’s Degree for those who participate in the fellowship.
It is open to IT professionals who are seeking their first or second post-graduate degree, with a special focus on those with an interest in programming. The program will provide professional development opportunities through the supervision of one of the project coordinators and academic staff, as well as assist fellows in identifying relevant job openings within the AIT.
The goal is to develop a talented pool of IT professionals that have experience applying innovation strategies and technology to solve complex problems. Graduates from this fellowship will be sought after by companies and organizations across the Asia Pacific.
Summary Of Details of the Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand
- The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is based in Bangkok, Thailand, and the world capital of technology
- A project fellowship that provides students with a stipend to live in Thailand for 4 months as well as provide a place for them to stay during their trip
- Offering students an opportunity to study at a higher level than attending college or university would allow them
- Located in one of the most vibrant international cities in Southeast Asia. It is easy for people from all over the world to get here.
- Offering equal opportunity regardless of gender, profession, and race
- The Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship will grant you not only knowledge but also experience with unbelievable opportunities given by the project.
Host Country: Thailand
Host university: Asian Institute Of Technology
Program Degree: Masters
Funded by: Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand
The deadline for application is February 2023.
Documents Needed to Apply for the Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand
The documents needed to apply are:
- PSC Application Form
- Admission Letter from the Applicant’s College
- 2 Passport Photos
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Intent for a master’s degree
- Statement of Purpose for the Field of Study
- Statement of Desire for a Fellowship
- Documentation of Academic Achievements
- Contact information – including phone number, email address, and mailing address. The contact details should be in English or written in English.
All Documents must be translated into Thai and submitted using their online application form.
Eligibility criteria for the Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- To be an Asian citizen or have applied to the Thai Immigration Bureau.
- At least one of the applicant’s parents is an American citizen.
- The applicant must be a member of the Organization For Asian Scientists and Engineers (OASE) before applying to AITP, or have at least one parent/guardian who is a member of OASE before applying to AITP.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in engineering, mathematics, science, biological sciences, or economics with a good cumulative grade point average (GPA) and letter grades distribution in each major field of study
- Considered for up to 3 years of research projects
- The research project proposed should be in one of the following fields:
- Environmental Engineering and Engineering Management (E&EM).
- Materials Science and Engineering (MSE).
- Technology Commercialization (TECH): Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Human Resources Development, Business Development, International Trade, and Management.
- Other relevant fields of study.
- No more than two years is spent in any one country.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age by the end of the grant period.
Applicants interested in applying for the fellowship should consult with the AITP administrator regarding eligibility.
How to Apply for the Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand
Here are the steps to applying:
- Complete the online application form
- Submit a project proposal, which should be no more than four pages long.
- Include a CV and cover letter in English for your consideration.
- Register for the Fellowship by paying a fee of 5,000THB to confirm your registration
- Upload scanned copies of all required documents (e.g. transcripts, reference letters, CV).
- Submit the online application form and pay the fellowship fee.
- Send three reference letters via email to [email protected] by the reference letter deadline. Please make sure that referees have sent scanned copies of their letters to [email protected] before you submit your application form to avoid confusion and ensure prompt processing of your application
- You will be notified by email regarding whether or not you have been successful in securing a place in the Fellowship program within two weeks of submission of your application form.
Benefits Of Applying For The Asian Institute Of Technology Project Fellowship in Thailand
Here are the benefits of applying:
- Scholarships and other allowances are given to the fellows—$ 50,000 per year for two years.
- Fellows will have access to some of the best equipment in the world, including a supercomputer and state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment.
- Fellowship is open to applicants from ALL nationalities.
- Finalists will have the opportunity to visit Thailand and travel to other countries with direct air connections from Bangkok.
- Fellows will be able to use the facilities at AIT Thailand – they can work in their lab or a team of up to 4 researchers.
- Fellows are expected to spend between 12 months and 18 months – at least half their time must be in a Thailand research environment.
- Fellowships are not intended for the public; they are restricted to scientists and engineers with a passion for science and technology.
- The fellowship is open for initial application until 10th October 2013, but applicants will be notified by early November 2013 about whether they have been selected as finalists or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
You do not need to apply separately for the scholarships. Once you have submitted the application online, your will be automatically considered for all scholarships for which the deadline has not expired and for which you are eligible. The type and amount of scholarship given to applicants is on a competitive basis with the main criteria of academic standing.
Yes, the Language Center offers Thai courses.