The management of Augustine University, Ilara-Epe has issued the following notice regarding first semester examination.
I write on behalf of the University Management to apologise for the seeming silence on the question of whether or not the students’ resumption on Monday, 26 October was still feasible.
Management has carefully studied the prevailing circumstances within the country and concluded that it would not be advisable to encourage our students to travel at this critical time. More so, the Lagos State Government had directed all schools in the state to be shut down till further notice.
In light of the above and in the interest of our dear students, the University Management has decided as follows:
- To resume academic activities for the 2020/2021 session online to avoid elongation of the session if resumption is postponed.
- Students’ orientation and course registration for all students from 200 level to 400 level will hold virtually from Tuesday, 27 to Friday 30 October 2020 as scheduled in the academic calendar already publicized.
- Online lectures would commence for all 200 to 400 level students from Monday, 02 November 2020 in line with the lecture time tables until further notice.
- At a more auspicious time, which hopefully should be soon, notice would be given for physical resumption of students on campus for the continuation of academic activities and the online lectures would be terminated.
- Meanwhile, Parents/Guardians are advised to pay up their children’s/wards’ school fees as indicated on the University website. Only students who had paid their fees and obtained clearance would be allowed to physically resume on campus.
Information on the resumption of the 2020/2021 academic session virtually has already been communicated to the students on their various information platforms. Kindly assist in ensuring that the students do the needful at all times.
I wish also to inform you that admission exercise for students into 100 level is still ongoing. Their resumption for studies would be dependent on the timely release of SSCE/NECO Examination results and due clearance from JAMB.
Thank you all for your cooperation.
Mrs. Margaret I. Aziba