The Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship provides a $1,000 scholarship to prospective undergraduate students looking to enroll at the University of California, Berkeley. The scholarship is open to low-income and first-generation UC Berkeley applicants whose parents did not graduate from UC Berkeley.
The Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship is awarded to high school seniors and college freshmen who plan to major in engineering, mathematics, pure science, or physical sciences.
The scholarship committee examines the qualifications of all applicants. A test score report from an SAT I or ACT equivalent examination is required. All other academic records must be submitted before an award will be made.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must demonstrate financial need and proficiency in English or Spanish. The scholarship provides 50% of the total UC Berkeley cost, which includes tuition and fees, room and board as well as fees for books and fees for accommodations. Scholarships are also available to international students who meet specific requirements.
Deadline: OCT 06 – NOV 30
Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship Requirements For international students
The basic requirements needed to apply for the scholarships are:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be enrolled in full-time enrollment at an accredited institution
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on the most recent semester’s grades
- Provide an official transcript of work completed
- Have a valid F1 visa if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Be a current high school senior or have graduated from high school within the last year
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1360 or an ACT score of 29.
To apply for the scholarship, you must fill out the application form, and submit it along with 2 letters of recommendation and an official transcript.
The University of South Carolina offers over 300 different scholarships, most of which require an application process and essay writing to be considered eligible. There are also several types of scholarships designed specifically to assist students on their way toward a collegiate education in America.
- Must be an undergraduate student interested in attending UC Berkeley
- Must have a household income under $80,000 (for non-international students)
- Must be a first-generation college student whose parents are U.S. citizens but did not graduate from UC Berkeley; and/or have a household income of less than $80,000 (for international students)
- Must have financial needs as calculated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Available Courses For Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship
The courses available for international students are:
- Digital Media
This is a scholarship to help international students with Science, Maths, and English courses as well as Digital Media. One-off payment per course, no need for attendance at lectures or exams.
The scholarship is available soon for people who want to start next year but still have time to apply.
This scholarship is offered by the University of South Carolina & it is available for international students to avail of this scholarship. So, if you are looking for courses that are available at an affordable price and you want to get a scholarship too then USC has got it all for you.
Documents Needed to Apply for Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship
The following documents are needed to apply:
- Your application form
A list of your academic strengths and interests, which should include an explanation of how each applies to your career goals
Statement of Purpose that answers the following questions:
1) Why are you applying for the Charles Frederick Young Scholarship?
2) How will you benefit from this scholarship?
3) What impact do you hope to have on the field or area that is closest to your future career interests?
(This section should be at least two pages in length.)
The following documents are optional, but strongly recommended: Academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended;
- letters of recommendation;
Students applying for the Charles Frederick Young Scholarship shall write an essay of no more than 2,000 words that discusses their application and their motivation to pursue a career in their chosen field. The essay should show evidence of a well-developed personal philosophy.
This scholarship is based on need and academic achievement. The selection committee will evaluate your writing ability, competitiveness for admission to the university, and financial need.
Who Should Apply for Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship?
The category of students who should apply are:
- Religious students
- Christian students
- Students who are interested in medical missionary work
- Students who are planning to attend one of the following schools: Moody Bible Institute, East Asia Christian College, or Shanghai Theological Seminary
- Male applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 (born December 1, 2001, or after)
- Female applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 (born December 1, 2001, or after)
International Students’ opportunity at Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship
As an international student, you have a lot of options to consider as you prepare for your post-secondary education. One option that is well worth considering, no matter where you are in the world, is the Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship.
This prestigious scholarship was created to reward and inspire students who come from different countries and cultures and excel academically. What does this mean for you? Winning the scholarship will provide you with a full tuition award which includes $4000 for books, $1000 for international travel expenses, plus fees and other miscellaneous expenses.
The Application Process for Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship
To apply, students should:
- Submit a complete application by the priority deadline of November 1, 2018
- Send one letter from a school counselor to endorse the student’s scholastic abilities
- Provide two recommendation letters from teachers or other school/community leader
- Demonstrate financial need.
The award amount is $5,000 per year for four years of undergraduate study at any accredited institution. The scholarship recipient must maintain at least one semester of full-time enrollment after receipt each year. Partial awards are not given to students who do not meet the renewal requirements. Renewal will be determined annually by December.
Benefits of the Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship
The benefits are:
- Improve your chances of admission to WPI with an application.
- Keep in touch with the admissions team after you enroll.
- The scholarship is renewable if you continue to earn a GPA of 3.0 or higher, maintain full-time status, and remain continuously enrolled as a student throughout the award year.
The Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship is awarded annually to students who meet the following criteria: A high school GPA of at least 4.0, SAT/ACT scores that are at or above 1200, and an outstanding academic record during the junior year of high school or PowerPoint presentation on a topic related to engineering research and development during that period will qualify for consideration for this scholarship.
The Charles Frederick Young Entrance Scholarship is an award given to those who excel in academics, leadership, and community service. Chances are that if you’re reading this post you’re inquisitively searching for more information on the subject matter and don’t want to miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.
The most prestigious universities in Canada are awarding upwards of $120 million in entrance scholarships; not only will you be able to focus solely on your education but also develop your leadership skills as well as have time to participate in community volunteer work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it easy to get scholarships with this program?
Yes, it is.
Are the Scholarships credible?
The scholarships are credible and known Worldwide.