Cheating Quotes – When you’re in love, you’ll do anything to be with that person. That’s why it can be so painful when they hurt you by cheating on you, whether physically or emotionally. Infidelity takes more than just a toll on the individuals involved, it can change relationships, friendships, and families forever.
If you’re in the middle of an affair, this may seem like an unimportant point, but once you’ve gone through the hurt and the heartbreak that follows cheating, it’s important to reflect on what led you to this point in your life and what you can do to prevent it from happening again in the future.
These 200 cheating quotes perfectly describe the deep pain and shock of infidelity, as well as the desire to end the relationship if it did happen.
200 Cheating Quotes for People With Unfaithful Partners
1. People are always fascinated by infidelity because, in the end, there’s a part of you that knows there’s no more piercing betrayal. People are undone by it.
2. When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option, but a priority. Loyalty is everything.
3. Why don’t you just pretend that he dropped dead? You can’t call or write to a dead man. Put a couple of candles in front of his picture, say a few Hail Marys and get it over with.
4. Infidelity is mentally, emotionally, and physically painful to the betrayed spouse. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.
5. Cheating is like jumping into the middle of an ocean and expect not to drown.
6. Liars, cheaters and abusers don’t easily change.
7. Don’t cheat when you got the most beautiful woman by your side.
8. Extra-marital affairs become things of legend… and often the undoing of legends… and mere mortals.
9. There is no justification for having an affair.
10. If you are stupid enough to cheat, then definitely dumb enough to get caught.
11. If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.
12. Cheating in a relationship is a sign of self-regulation failure. When it happens once, it is a mistake. When it happens twice, it is unfortunate. But when it happens thrice or more, it is a pattern indicating primitive, uncivilized inhuman behaviour.
13. One lie is enough to question all the truth.
14. The moment that you start to wonder if you deserve better, you do.
15. Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.
16. My father said: If you want to catch your girl cheating, you knock on the front door and run to the back because he’s coming out the back.
17. I know all about cheating. I’ve had six very successful marriages.
18. Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your tongue does not just happen to fall into some other girl’s mouth!
19. I could never hurt him enough to make his betrayal stop hurting. And it hurts, in every part of my body.
20. No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn’t bring you what you want, it taught you what you don’t want.
21. If you’re in a relationship and someone was cheating, it could be a complete reflection of the relationship itself.
22. There are so many different ways to cheat. People think infidelity is the way to cheat. I think it’s sometimes far worse to emotionally cheat on somebody.
23. Nowhere does it state that unfaithfulness or infidelity is tied to a physical act only.
24. How dare she steal something from me that wasn’t hers to take? How dare she swallow my husband whole while I was still trying to breathe him in? How dare she break my heart and not even care about the shards of brokenness piercing through my soul?
25. Cheaters always want you to be loyal while they’re being unfaithful.
26. Once a cheater, always a repeater.
27. Cheating only thrills those who cannot see the beauty in faithfulness.
28. I think my wife is cheating on me, the only thing the parrot knows how to say is, quick out the window.
29. Cheating is a definite no-no. My man has to be all mine or never mind!”
30. A guy who’d cheat on his wife would cheat at cards.
31. With each glare, words escape me, yet no ears care to listen. It is cold here with her stare, judging every affair. My mind fiddles beneath the changeless confines of this betrayal as we hide behind deceitful wails. We have become trapped in lies long forgotten, squandering our time in lunacy with the thought of what was and is no more.
32. Men are more prone to cheating, definitely.
33. Cheating on a girl is deeper than people realise. It destroys her outlook on love, her future relationships, and her peace within herself.
34. Cheating, disloyalty, unfaithfulness, they start out as little things justified by clever reasonings of the brain, but never do they fully convince the knowing heart.
35. I think that women are more sensitive to emotional infidelity than men. I think men are more scared of physical infidelity.
36. We have to distrust each other. It is our only defence against betrayal.
37. The more people rationalize cheating, the more it becomes a culture of dishonesty. And that can become a vicious, downward cycle. Because suddenly, if everyone else is cheating, you feel a need to cheat, too.
38. The hardest thing you can do is look back and see what the person you love has done to you.
39. Some people console themselves by telling themselves that at least their lover or spouse does not disrespect them enough to cheat on them openly.
40. To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn’t be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife.
41. Unfaithfulness is the fire extinguisher of love.
42. I can’t deal with someone wanting to take a relationship backwards or needing space or cheating on you.
43. If you think that your partner has been cheating, then take a look at their will. If a past lover is in there, then it is probable that some form of infidelity has occurred.
44. Eighty per cent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
45. Be careful to whom you give your heart.
46. I do think that with any kind of infidelity, on some level, unless you’re dealing with a sociopath, there’s always a reason.
47. Cheating on a good woman is like choosing trash over the treasure.
48. You could be going to have supper with someone who happens to be male, and all of a sudden he is your boyfriend of nine months… and I am cheating on my existing boyfriend.
49. I don’t think there’s anything to be admired in lying, cheating or philandering. But there might be something to be admired in not burning people at the stake because they have those weaknesses.
50. When love is real, it doesn’t lie, cheat, pretend, or keep secrets.
51. Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.
52. Infidelity has absolutely nothing to do with love. It has to do with an emptiness or a now-bankrupt coping mechanism within your spouse that has been there long before they met you. An affair is an attempt to escape from reality of one’s self.
53. It only takes one moment, Samantha. One twinge of doubt. One single disagreement for someone to cheat.
54. Cheating, having ‘hoes,’ none of that is cute. To be honest, it’s really immature. I don’t see how people take pride in breaking someone’s heart. The law does not pretend to punish everything that is dishonest. That would seriously interfere with business.
55. It’s my opinion that every man cheats in his own way, and he is the only honest one who is not discovered.
56. Something deep inside you wants to believe that your spouse could never really, actually, break the sacred vow between you. Intimacy with anyone else? Unreal, unthinkable.
57. No more tears, because I didn’t lose you. You lost me.
58. It is always the wrong time to meet the wrong person.
59. Either one is promiscuous or in a relationship, it cannot be both at the same time.
60. He kept telling me his affair was over, but I kept catching him in lies. He wouldn’t shake this woman, and I simply could not trust him anymore.
61. Most women will do almost anything to avoid having to face these truths. Even if we yell and scream at him when we discover that he’s lied to us, once the dust settles, most of us will opt for the comforting territory of rationalisation. In fact, many of us are willing to rewire our senses, short-circuit our instincts and intelligence, and accept the seductive comfort of self-delusion.
62. I tried to keep us together, but you were busy keeping secrets.
63. A relationship is not a test. So why cheat?
64. One of the more challenging things in life is not being the guy who does the cheating, but not saying anything about it and going along with it.
65. No one justifies lying, cheating, betraying, promising breaking, devastating and harming strangers. But we expect and we tolerate doing this to the one person in the world we promised most seriously to be faithful to forever: we justify divorce.
66. Cheaters are cowards that are tempted to chase the fantasy of what could be… instead of courageously addressing their own self-destructive behaviour and cultivating what is.
67. I’ve told Billy if I ever caught him cheating, I wouldn’t kill him because I love his children and they need a dad. But I would beat him up. I know where all of his sports injuries are.
68. Trying to make sense of crazy will make YOU crazy. Let it go.
69. You knew exactly what you were doing. That’s what hurts the most.
70. Ignoring snoring can be boring and annoying. But the noise of snoring is serenading compared to the silence of cheating.
71. I’m a good enough person to forgive you, but not stupid enough to trust you again.
72. As a woman who experienced infidelity firsthand, I will always advise my girlfriends to only trust their husbands 95 percent and leave 5 percent for human error.
73. Cheating is the most disrespectful thing one human being can do to another. If you aren’t happy in a relationship, end it before starting another one.
74. If you succeed in cheating someone, don’t think that the person is a fool. Realise that the person trusted you much more than you deserved.
75. People who truly are initially just friends or just friendly colleagues slowly move onto the slippery slope of infidelity. In the “new infidelity”, secret emotional intimacy is the first warning sign of impending betrayal. Yet most people don’t recognize it as such until they’ve become physically intimate.
76. Do you believe a man can truly love a woman and constantly betray her? Never mind physically but betray her in his mind, in the very “poetry of his soul”. Well, it’s not easy but men do it all the time.
77. If you’ve experienced cheating in a new marriage, the real work is not obsessively combing through all the details of what happened, but rather figuring out if your relationship is worth saving.
78. Cheating someone is a choice, not a mistake.
79. The cheat always lies at the feet of the cheat.
80. I’m proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned and broken, but somehow it still works. And they said miracles do not happen.
81. Cheaters are always paranoid about being cheated upon.
82. Infidelity, he now realised, had nothing to do with the lack of love, and everything to do with the lack of respect.
83. If he loves you, he will not screw up what you have by cheating.
84. I was born without you. So I can live without you.
85. There’s something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty.
86 I’m tired of the lies and the cheating, and the broken promises that were never meant to be kept.
87. The argument goes something like this; “I refuse to prove that I never cheated on you,” she said, by quoting “proof repudiates true love, and without love I am nothing.
88. Soon he was online every night until one or two a.m. Often he would wake up at three of four a.m. and go back online. He would shut down the computer screen when I walked in. In the past, he used to take the laptop to bed with him and we would both be on our laptops, hips touching. He stopped doing that, slipping off to his office instead and closing the door even when A was asleep. He started closing doors behind him. I was steeped in denial, but my body knew.
89. Don’t cry over someone who won’t cry over you.
90. Bad marriages don’t cause infidelity; infidelity causes bad marriages.
91. For me, working on the marriage and not making the easy choice of cheating was something that I could not do.
92. I know a lot of people that have been in long-term relationships where cheating has happened, and their marriages and their relationships are actually stronger because it was a mirror that reflected back on a problem that was happening. It’s hard.
93. You can easily tell if a person is lying and cheating on you if they say, ” I love you” or “I would never lie to you or cheat on you.”
94. Don’t trust a guy who accuses you of infidelity. He’s cheating. He’s projecting. If you’re living that kind of life, you think everybody else is too.
95. Stray cats are like two-timing men. He got tired of you and took off. He doesn’t find anyone new? He’ll come slinking back. By then, if you’re smart, you’ll have decided you’re better off without him.
96. If you are in a relationship, flirting is cheating.
97. Someday you’ll miss her as she missed you. Someday you’ll need her as she needed you. Someday you’ll love her and she won’t love you.
98. People generally didn’t cheat in good relationships.
99. A liar deceives himself more than anyone, for he believes he can remain a person of good character when he cannot.
100. Cheating is pure hypocrisy. Our partner deserves better than that. If we don’t love someone, we should not be with them. That would also be hypocrisy.
101. Don’t get married unless you’re ready to be faithful.
102. If you leave and they do not stop you, keep walking. You made the best decision.
103. They may take you for a fool, promise to shower you with the world, use their canny devastating tongue to manipulate and dominate your mind, but it’s better to put them at arm’ length rather than falling into the arms of infidelity.
104. If you cheat on someone who is willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.
105. People cheat when they are afraid. When there is no cost to being wrong or confessing ignorance, there is no reason to cheat or fake comprehension.
106. One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.
107. Because I’ve been on the receiving end of infidelity, I know how much it hurts.
108. Let’s call cheating what it is: a complete betrayal of trust.
109. Don’t cheat if you don’t want to be cheated on. A relationship is mutual. This is the golden rule for all great connections.
110. Not that you lied to me, but that I no longer believe you, has shaken me.
111. Lying, cheating, and hiding is the exact opposite of the behaviour of a man who’s really into you.
112. I trusted you but now your words mean nothing to me because your actions spoke the truth.
113. Cheating is the most selfish thing a person can do in a relationship! If you’re not happy with the person you’re with then end it. It’s that simple!
114. Cheating is easy. There’s no swank to infidelity. To borrow against the trust someone has placed in you costs nothing at first. You get away with it, you take a little more and a little more until there is no more to draw on. Oddly, your hands should be full with all that taking but when you open them there’s nothing there.
115. Most people cheat because they’re paying more attention to what they’re missing rather than what they have.
116. Never underestimate a man’s ability to make you feel guilty for his mistakes.
117. When a man cheats, it is said it is because he is a dog. When a woman cheats, it is said it is because her man is a dog.
118. Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed and rare.
119. A man can love you from the bottom of his heart, and still find room at the top for somebody he claimed was nobody.
120. I think you still love me, but we can’t escape the fact that I’m not enough for you. I knew this was going to happen. So I’m not blaming you for falling in love with another woman. I’m not angry, either. I should be, but I’m not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong.
121. Cheating is an innate evolutionarily programmed desire, especially in men, but it is not a desire that cannot be controlled.
122. It’s amazing how many cheaters and liars believe they won’t be caught. News Flash: In today’s age of technology, there won’t just be a paper trail. There will be multiple electronic and digital trails, as well.
123. No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn’t bring you what you want, it taught you what you don’t want.
124. Cheating is not an accident. It’s a choice.
125. It was your choice to sleep with her Gavin! It didn’t just happen!
126. Cheating has nothing to do with how attractive you are.
127. When my husband had an affair with someone else I watched his eyes glaze over when we ate dinner together and I heard him singing to himself without me, and when he tended the garden it was not for me… He didn’t want to change anything; he liked his life. The only thing he wanted to change was me.
128. Infidelity and cheating is the easiest, stupidest, dumbest thing you can do.
129. To cheat oneself out of love is the most terrible deception; it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either in time or in eternity.
130. Some people treat relationships as video games, they play them and when they get bored they cheat.
131. I think cheating can inherently mean a deeper problem, someone acting out.
132. I’m not really sure why. But… Do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so. That’s what makes the betrayal hurt so much – pain, frustration, anger… and I still loved her. I still do.
133. You know that when your partner deletes their messages to a past lover after being accused of cheating, then it is likely that they were being unfaithful in some way.
134. People cheat on each other in a hundred different ways: indifference, emotional neglect, contempt, lack of respect, and years of refusal of intimacy. Cheating doesn’t begin to describe the ways that people let each other down.
135. Statistically speaking, there is a 65 percent chance that the love of your life is having an affair. Be very suspicious.
136. Don’t cheat, if the feelings aren’t there then you shouldn’t be either.
137. Relationships are only between two people. It has to sink when there is one extra passenger.
138. People never know how strong their lust is for being cheated.
139. Extramarital affairs occur in the mind as well as the bedroom.
140. He forgot about you. Remember that.
141. I can’t assume responsibility for a man’s infidelity, no more than I can take credit for his choice to remain faithful.
142. You don’t deserve someone who comes back, you deserve someone who never leaves.
143. Any affair, by its very nature, is quite dysfunctional.
144. There is no excuse for cheating in a relationship.
145. The worst kind of hurt is betrayal because it means someone was willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.
146. Infidelity is a deal-breaker for me. I’ve broken up with people over it. You can’t do monogamy 90 percent of the time.
147. If it’s true that men and women can be ‘just friends then how come to all cheaters first start out as “just friends”?
148. I didn’t understand why he sabotaged our future at the time – cheating on me, again, as we were making final plans to move in together. By the time he came over to smooth talk his way out of it, I was done. No more crying. Even my tears had given up on him. I’d already moved on, his cheating was simply the key left in the mailbox.
149. It might sound ordinary for a woman to find out her husband’s cheating on her, but not if you’re the woman and it’s your husband.
150. Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations – but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself but whole families.
151. Cheating was easy but impossible to take back.
152. If people cheat, it’s because something other than the relationship is more important to them. It may be power over others. It may be validated through sex. It may be giving in to their own impulses. Whatever it is, it’s clear that the cheater’s values are not aligned in a way to support a healthy relationship.
153. Some people view love and romance as a sacred bond between two individuals. Other people see love as a game, where the goal is to manipulate another individual and gain emotional power over a partner. People who view love as a game are much more likely to have multiple love interests; cheating is just another way to gain control over one’s partner.
154. Some women would not cheat, and some would not have cheated, had they each married a man whom they love … or at least like.
155. All people have feelings, they are not there to be used. If you’re no longer interested in someone, they have the right to be informed before you go and cheat or go looking elsewhere.
156. Attraction isn’t wrong. People can’t help who they are drawn to and they certainly can’t control affinity, as uncommon as it is. What is wrong is acting on inclination if it hurts someone else, namely a significant other.
157. The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation.
158. If he will cheat on her that means he will cheat on you.
159. Cheating is very rarely about the actual act of being with another person.
160. Adultery is taking what belongs to someone else.
161. People have a moral standard about what they will do and will not do. At the end of the day, someone who cheats has a lower moral standard than someone who does not. And they will cheat in other areas of life as well.
162. Societies that have condoned male cheating and condemned female cheating are simply male-dominated cultures. Cheating is cheating, no matter who is doing it. It’s wrong.
163. How can he love you when he treats you as if he doesn’t even like you.
164. Actually, all women are psychic. When a man cheats on a woman and lies to her, she already knows; she just lies to herself.
165. That was how dishonesty and betrayal started, not in big lies but in small secrets.
166. No woman could love a cheater and not pay the price for it.
167. Cheating isn’t always kissing, touching, or flirting. If you gotta delete text messages so your partner won’t see them, you’re already there.
168. Cheats prosper until there are enough who bear grudges against them to make sure they do not prosper.
169. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned.
170. Stab the body and it heals but injures the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.
171. Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.
172. Cheaters don’t think cheating is wrong until they get cheated on.
173. Cheating and lying aren’t struggles, they’re reasons to break up.
174. You didn’t just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn’t just break my heart; you broke our future.
175. I gave my heart to a man who loved me, who wanted to be with me. Who ultimately was afraid of all I offered.
176. They didn’t cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they are not.
177. It was a mistake,’ you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.
178. We have to resist unfaithfulness and irresponsibility.
179. When someone cheats on you, it’s about them and about their shortcomings.
180. Virtually all women will always carry the scars and a deep sense of loss and grief from the betrayal. Whether a woman has stayed, left, or been left, it must be remembered that time is the salve on this journey towards forgiveness and healing, because it is also a process of grieving.
181. Being single is better than being lied to, cheated on and disrespected.
182. Next to hurting my family, cheating on me is the worst thing someone could do.
183. I believe that women know when their husbands are unfaithful. They feel it.
184. If you marry a man who cheats on his wife, you’ll be married to a man who cheats on his wife.
185. When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
186. It’s easy to deny the seriousness of an emotional affair but it can be extremely threatening to a marriage.
187. Things come apart so easily when they have been held together with lies.
188. Cheating is nothing to be proud of.
189. Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them; don’t deserve them. It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship, by cheating on him or her.
190. Cheating on a good person is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock.
191. If you can’t be committed to another person, at least be committed to the concept of character and don’t cheat.
192. What irritated me most in that entire situation was the fact that I wasn’t feeling humiliated, annoyed, or even fooled. Betrayal was what I felt, my heart broken not just by a guy I was in love with, but also by, as I once believed, a true friend.
193. Cheating is a choice. Period.
194. Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined.
195. It is even more painful to have your heart broken by someone who you know does not deserve you.
196. Cheating is very easy, try something more challenging like being faithful to yourself, your dreams, and your partner. After all, it is how responsible we are for ourselves, dreams, and partners that we get to mature and grow wiser and responsible.
197. The heart of the moral wrong of adultery is that a covenant, a sacred commitment, has been broken. The one-flesh union which set this relationship apart from all others has been torn asunder by one of the spouses and by a third party that has now entered into the oneness of the relationship.
198. There is no such thing as an affair that doesn’t mean anything.
199. When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they and threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.
200. Once someone cheats in the relationship, there’s no reason to stay. If they truly loved you they would’ve never cheated.
- 100 Heart-touching Birthday Quotes For Sons
- 200+ Quotes About Planning For The Future
- 500+ Quotes About Not Planning For The Future
- 158 Happy Birthday Messages To Dad In Heaven
- 200+ Special Birthday Prayer For Lovers
Cheating is more than just a moral issue. It can hurt those involved in many ways: emotionally, financially, and legally because infidelity always has far-reaching consequences that extend beyond an immediate lapse in judgment or weak moment.
And if you see your relationship heading down a bad path, be proactive in addressing it before any rash decisions will be taken. You may just save yourself from hurting more than necessary.