Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme- This is a prestigious international fellowships program for international students. The fellowships’ program provides the opportunity for undergraduate and postgraduate students to study at some of the world’s top universities in their chosen fields. For example, the University of Oxford is one of Chevening’s partner universities.
It is well-known that studying with an award such as this can open doors to great opportunities in future careers and have a positive impact on your future lives.
The Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programmes have been designed to address the growing demand for a new generation of globally-aware leaders with the skills and knowledge to thrive in the interconnected world of today and tomorrow.
International students, aged 18 to 25, who are interested in working towards a leadership role in their chosen field are encouraged to apply. Chevening provides funding for eligible students. In addition to providing funds for your tuition fees and living expenses, Chevening also allows you to network with representatives from many top organizations such as:
- Chatham House,
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO),
- The Dow Chemical Company,
Some of the prospective students that gain experience through the fellowship program include:
The leadership program is an eight-month intensive program and is designed to support your development as a leader, while at the same time giving you valuable insight into leadership in business. The top 100 companies in the world will be represented by these leaders.
The potential career opportunities after completion of this program are many, and fields range from banking to government, law, or public service.
The fellowships scheme is a highly competitive scheme that attracts many high-caliber entrants from all around the world. The successful candidates will be chosen by interviews for which an entrance test is required.
Summary of Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students
The 9 week programme provides participants with a holistic approach to leadership development by: developing their personal brand through public speaking, team building and interpersonal skills; understanding global issues and their cultural context; assessing themselves on academic merit, professional development potential and employability; conducting research on political, economic or cultural change in a relevant third world country; gaining experience of leadership at an organisation.
The Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme Award Scheme has been designed to support international students who would like to pursue leadership in their chosen field in business or public service. This program also provides travel and subsistence funding.
Fields of Study at the Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students
Courses are available in the following fields;
- International Business
- National Security
- Governance and Leadership
- Health, Wealth, and Wellness
- Public Affairs and Communications
The Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students is a competitive program aimed at providing students with an immersive learning experience. The main focus of this program is to develop the leadership skills of students who are keen on pursuing careers in policy and government in the UK.
The courses offered are competitive, but there is also a provision for some non-competitive courses that don’t involve exams. However, the classes will be conducted at Oxford University.
Benefits to Gain Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme
The benefits are;
- The Chevening-Clore program offers up to £25,000 towards your tuition fees and living costs.
- The Clore Leadership Programme is a fully-funded one-year residential program in Oxfordshire, with an option to extend by one year.
- You get the opportunity to meet people who have made it and learn from their success stories.
- You will get the opportunity of internships at top public and private sector organizations in Washington DC or London.
- Chevening alumni are invited to join a network of over 30,000 Chevening Alumni.
- Chevening is a mark of excellence that sets you apart from other job applicants.
- Chevening has a wide range of scholarships available to successful applicants.
- You will enjoy the support of an influential Alumni Network while studying at Oxford.
- There are many scholarship opportunities in the UK, USA, and Canada.
- You get help with your visa application process in Washington DC or London.
- It is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills for future career growth.
- It improves your academic profile and gives you better job prospects.
- The program is designed to help you improve your leadership skills.
- It enhances your career track and gives you a better insight into the practice of diplomacy.
- The Programme will also serve as a vehicle for you to forge new international contacts and networks for future business.
- It is a great opportunity for you to take the first step in understanding the world of public service.
- You will get exposure to the internal workings of high politics and international diplomacy at work by working with the Secretariat of Foreign Relations (SFR).
- You will have an opportunity to communicate with senior members of foreign governments and highly placed visitors at all levels in conjunction with diplomatic events, missions, and policy development discussions.
- Provides a great networking opportunity.
Documents Needed to Apply for Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students
The documents needed to apply are:
- A written statement of purpose
- A résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of academic transcripts from your school
- Two reference letters
- An essay on why you would like to participate in the program, specifically focusing on your leadership potential and how you see it being developed by this program.
- A personal statement explaining what motivates and inspires you to apply for the Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students. This should be 1,000 words or less (excluding the references). You may submit work samples in support of your application if relevant
It is also important to note that all applicants must be nationals of countries outside the United Kingdom.
Eligibility Criteria Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students
To be eligible:
- You must be a citizen or national of a country outside of the United Kingdom, and you must not have studied at an institute of higher education in the UK within the last three years.
- You must be accepted by one of Chevening’s partner institutions to study either a postgraduate degree (such as an MBA) or postgraduate coursework (e.g. Ph.D., MSc);
- You should have excellent leadership potential;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to societies through your work, academic studies, and/or other activities;
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills;
- Be fluent in English.
- You must demonstrate that you have excellent leadership potential, as well as a strong academic record and that you have the commitment and skills to contribute to societies through your work.
- You must also meet Chevening’s financial awards requirements.
Chevening has links with more than 60 universities in 28 countries.
The Chevening Leadership Programme is a one-year postgraduate residential program of study in politics, public policy, and international relations, with an option to extend for one year. This course is designed for the career-minded early-career professional.
Application Deadline Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students
The application deadline for the prestigious Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme is fast approaching, so it’s important to get your application in as soon as possible. The Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme will award a £22,000 scholarship to one student to pursue a Masters degree programme at an internationally recognised university in order to develop their leadership skills. The scholarship will cover all tuition, accommodation and travel expenses during the three-year programme, which ends with an honorary MA degree.
Other Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship Programme for International Students
Other Programs are:
Here are some Chevening Clore Leadership;
- Leadership Development;
- Global Advisory Committee;
- International Training in Leadership and Entrepreneurship;
- Global Scholarship.
- Chevening Clore Fellowships for applicants for Engagement, Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor of Business Administration, and Assistant Professor of Law.
- Chevening Clore Fellowships for applicants; Academic teaching, academic research, and administration; Non-academic teaching and research; Development sector officer; Media, communication, and new media.
- Chevening Clore Leadership Programme open for International Students.
- Chevening Clore Leadership Development Programme open for International Students.
- Worldwide Scholarship Opportunities For International Students.
The program seeks to recruit high-caliber individuals who have already achieved significant success in their careers, are seeking cross-disciplinary skills, and are looking for the next step in their development.
Chevening has published an article that states some of the advantages of studying at Oxford; “Oxford University is considered as one of the world’s most prestigious universities. It offers two main advantages over other universities; its size and structure”.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Chevening Clore Fellowship?
The Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship is a partnership between the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and Clore Leadership, offering mid-career professionals in the arts and culture sector an exceptional opportunity to undertake an individually tailored leadership programme in the UK.
How long is Chevening Fellowship?
A Chevening Scholarship is tenable for 12 months only but may terminate sooner in circumstances where your course is less than 12 months in length. b) Chevening Scholarships may not be extended beyond 12 months unless there are exceptional circumstances.