Best 20 Colleges With Military History Degree – A military History Degree is not a common program in most universities or colleges in the United States of America. However, there are some schools with high military history teaching.
If you are considering taking a program in military history then you are on the right page because we would be providing you with a list of colleges or universities with military history degrees.
The military which consists of the armed forces of a country has its history and it is quite interesting to preserve and learn from its history. Taking a military history program is a great opportunity as there are not many schools or people who are graduates of these fields.
Scope Of Military History Degree
The Military History program is an interesting program that covers a wide range of the military. Unlike every other program, Military History is a common program in colleges however, in the field of history the major is sorted for.
The Military History Degree covers a wide range of topics. Many would think it is all about the history of war and others however, it is more than just the history, it talks about the impact of technologies in the military fields, strategies and many others.
Though what you would be learning would be based on the school or college you are enrolled with, The American Military University has its Military History degree centred on the Philosophies and Strategies of War, Leaders and Management of Militaries and People, Major Historical Battles and Their Influences, Technological Innovations in War and Their Impact on Society and How Military Conflict Catalyzes.
In the Park Unversity, Military History covers majorly history of the military which includes War, Technologies, Philosophies and how other disciplines relate to military histories such as economies and other. In the end, one is equipped with knowledge of the Military and history.
The scope of military history in America would cover World Politics, American Foreign Policy, War and Civilization, American Military History, Foreign Relations, Military History and Western Warfare. All these would treat topics that include economic changes, religion, security and policy development, and many others.
Best 20 Colleges With Military History Degree
If you are considering taking a program on Military History in the United States, there are some great schools you can enrol with to have a great learning experience whether online or on campus. Here are some great colleges that offer Military History.
- Park University, Parkville, Missouri.
- American Military University, Charles Town, West Virginia.
- The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee.
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Citadel Military College of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Norwich University, Northfield, Vermont.
- Hawai’i Pacific University, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
- The University of Houston, Houston, Texas.
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas.
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- Excelsior College, Albany, New York.
- The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas.
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
- The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio.
- Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.
We have been able to list some colleges that offer Military History degrees, choosing a college shouldn’t be a problem, so if you wish to take a Military History program either in Bachelor’s, Master’s and even Phd’s you can consider the schools above. Also, know that some of the schools make availability of studying online.
Career Benefits Of Studying Military History
One might think that there are limited opportunities to studying of Military History, however, the case is the reverse, there are a lot of career opportunities local and international.
The Program Military History equips you with some skills which can be applied to other fields of studies this gives you an edge, with a degree in Military History you can become any of the states below.
A Historian, now this is the far-away the best opportunity you can get, and historians get paid heavily, also, you could become A Curator, Military Historian, Writer, Professor, Teacher, Journalist, Archeologist, Policy Analyst, Public Relations Professional, And many others.
With all these, you could function properly because of the skills acquired. A military History degree is a program that provides you with a lot of skills.
Gaining acceptance into any university in the United States requires you to have some information. Though requirements may vary based on the Universities so you would need to know the universities’ requirements you are interested in.
However, to get admission to study Military History in any university in the United States, you must have the following;
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum High School GPA
- Minimum SAT or ACT score
- Letters of Recommendations
A military History degree may not be a very popular program among students however, it is a very important and essential degree that is common in history. The Program provides students with military strategies, policies, history, technologies, theories, philosophies and others. At the end of the program, students should be able to have wide knowledge or skills in Military History.
We have been able to list a number of colleges with the degree both online and o campus which students can enrol with. As there are few schools in the United States that offer the program. With our list, you should be able to select schools that suites you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is military history a major?
Yes, as student get to learn about warfare, strategies, policies, war history and others.
What is the study of military history?
Military History is the study of military historical events such as war, military innovations, policies and others. It is a humanities discipline in the field of history.
Is military historian a job?
Yes, most armed forces do have military historians who have tasks to do in terms of fact finding and other policies.
- Wikipaedia.org – Military History
- Emu.apus.edu – Military History
- Park.edu – Military History
- Mydegreeguide.com – 15 Best Online Military History Degree
- List Colleges That Accepts Military Training As Credits
- 20 Colleges on Military Bases in USA
- 10 Best Military Colleges in California
- 6 Best Military Colleges in Florida