How to Easily Learn a New Language Faster – So have you been thinking of learning a new language but you have some hidden fears that have not allowed you? Maybe it’s even part of your year 2022 resolutions but you are still holding back.
Well, this article will open your eyes to practical ways to learning a new language easily and faster than you think. You will also learn about the interesting opportunities that being a bilingual or multilingual person will open you up to.
Five Important Languages in the World: you should learn one of them
These languages include Chinese, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish.
Chinese language is the oldest written language in the world with at least 6000 years of history.
The Chinese written language makes use of single peculiar symbols, or characters to represent each word of the vocabulary. The large majority of characters are written versions of spoken sounds that have meaning.
Three types of Chinese language include simplified, traditional and informal slang or phonetic. Chinese is not hard to learn because the language has no grammatical complexities.
Facts about Chinese Language
- It is one of the two world languages with almost a billion speakers
- It is the most used mother tongue on planet
- The language has some technicalities, it is different from other languages
- It is the oldest language that is still in use
- Chinese characters can be broken down into smaller components
Why should you Learn Chinese
- China’s economy has over the years grown to be the world’s largest. Ability to speak Chinese would give a businessman greater opportunities to trade in China.
- It is a boost to your CV. Employers love to see that prospective candidate for a job offer can speak languages of countries with high economic value.
- You will be able to communicate with almost a billion people
- Learning Chinese is an exercise good for the brain. It is believed that learning Chinese takes more brain power than other languages.
This is the most beautiful spoken language in the world. It is a Romance language that is categorized under the Gallo-Romance language. A native English speaker can easily learn French.
French is the official language in some countries like Belgium, Benin, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Canada, Burundi, Chad, France, Guinea, Niger, Congo.
Facts about French Language
- It is a Romance language
- About 220million people speak French worldwide.
- About 45% of modern English words are of French origin.
- Alongside English, French remains an influential language in the diplomatic world
- It has a great number of homophones.
Why should you learn French?
- It is a global Language
It is the second most learned Foreign language after English. It is the fifth most widely spoken in the world. It is the only language, alongside English that is taught in every country
2) It is a language for the international market
3 Opportunities are opened up for higher education in French-speaking countries
4. French is fun to learn
It is the second language of International relations e.g. United Nations, UNESCO, European Union, NATO and International Olympic committee, International red Cross and International Courts.
Also known as Deutch, it is the 11th most widely spoke language in the world. 95million people are native speakers while 10-15million speak it as a second language. It is the most widely spoken language in the European Union. It is the official language in Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein and one of the official languages in Switzerland and Luxemburg.
Facts about German Language
- It is spoken in six continents
- English and German share 60% of their vocabulary.
- Words can get incredibly long
- First letter of ever noun begins with capital letter
- German alphabet has one more consonant than English.
Why Learn German language
- It is the language of innovators and inventors
- It is easy to acquire
- German is the hub of a large number of economic global players e.g Siemens, Volkswagen, Adidas, Lufthansa. Having German skills on your resume is an advantage when applying to those companies.
It originated from Latin the Western Iberian Peninsula. It is the 5th most spoken language and official language of the world. It is the one of the official language of the European Union, African Union, Organization of American states and Lusophone countries. It is the official language in 9 countries: Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, Sao Time, Principe.
Facts about Portuguese language
- It is the official language of 9 countries
- Only 5% of Portuguese speakers live in Portugal.
- Its longest word has 29 letters
- It has some popular tongue twisters
- It is the second fastest growing European language in the world.
Why Learn Portuguese language
- The language is beautiful
- It opens you up to a world of travel opportunities.
- It has a large amount of speakers.
- It is not difficult to learn
Spanish is a Romance language of the Indo-European language Family that evolved from colloquial spoken Latin in Iberian Peninsula of Europe. It is the official language of 20 countries, this includes Cuba, Costa Rica, Chile, Spain, Peru, Panama, Mexico, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina and the rest.
It is the world’s 4th most spoken language and most widely spoken Romance language. Spanish is the 3rd most used language on the internet after English and Chinese. It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
Facts about Spanish Language
- It is spoken by 559 million people around the world.
- Mexico is the biggest Spanish speaking country.
- It is a beautiful language with a wide global influence on business and culture.
- It is a poetic and has long sentences.
Why Learn Spanish
- It is the world’s 2nd most spoken language
- It trains your brain to perform better.
- It is one of the best languages to learn as a traveler.
- It makes you more attractive to your employer.
Practical ways to easily learn a new language Faster
- Set goals for yourself. Set both long term and short term goals. Write down those goals in a book. For example, how many words do you want to learn in a day
- Learn the right words. For each language, there are keys words which one must master.
- Study smart: Be innovative and creative with your learning process. You can write down key words in small booklets, paste on your mirror, make use of flash cards.
- Use the language in your everyday interactions.
- Learn the culture, watching movies is a way of learning about culture
- Test yourself at intervals to know how well you are doing.
- Make Friends with people that speak the language. If possible, make them your roommates or housemates.
- Watch a movie, possibly without sub-title, you will learn faster and grab their culture
- Check online for materials that will aid learning. There are some learning apps that you can download on your device that will aid your learning.
- Be patient with yourself. Remember learning is a process.
- Lastly, have some fun while at it. It’s not a do-or-die affair. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
Scholarship offers for Foreigners that can speak German
Germany is a country I love so much because most of the universities there are tuition-free. As a matter of fact, the country’s largest scholarship fund-DAAD provides a scholarship to cover living expenses. The German tuition system is available for all foreign students regardless of country of origin.
Ten tuition Free Universities in Germany for International students
- Free University of Berlin
- Ludwig Maximillian University of Munich
- Technical University of Munich
- Humboldt university of Belin
- RWTH Hachen University
- University of Benin
- George August University of Gottingen
- University of Hamburg
- University of Cologne
- Goethe University
Requirements for Studying in Germany
- You must have secured a resident permit before you can study
- Good GPA
- Good test scores in IELTS or TOFEL
- German proficiency test
Benefits of Learning New Languages
- Learning New Languages help to improve the memory. It makes you smarter in life.
- It helps to boost your creativity
- It builds up your self confidence
- It helps to sharpen your problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- It boosts your CV and employability rate.
- It makes globe-trotting easier.
Career Opportunities for Bilinguals and Multilingual
If you understand at least one foreign language aside your mother’s tongue, there are vast and amazing career/job opportunities awaiting you. These include:
- Flight attendant
- Customer service representative
- Human Resources specialist
- Hospitality Manager
- Health care Manager
- Tour guide
No matter your age or status in life, it is never to late to learn a new language now. With recent advancement in technology, learning has been made more simplified. With just your Smartphone, you can start learning today.
As a student, your ability to speak foreign languages will open lot of wide doors (career, job, relationships, etc.) for you in life.
Don’t delay any further.
Learn a new language today!