Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students: The Florida State University is a public university that offers over 140 undergraduate majors, 145 master’s degrees, and 109 doctoral degrees. Florida State University offers highly ranked professional programs in law, nursing, criminology, and criminal justice.
Florida State University has an enrollment of 40,936 students from all 50 states and 68 different countries. It is among the top universities in the country for the quality of its faculty members. Graduating FSU alumni are quite well-known for their abilities to form successful careers in a variety of fields including medicine, politics, education as well as business, and law. This university has some highly certified teachers and administrators.
The school is also known for its close relationships with the government, especially the state government. This is evidenced in the number of contracts that the university receives, which total over $81 million annually.
The university also benefits from being embedded within a city that is quite prosperous and technologically advanced. Most of its students are in surrounding communities, which are not poor and do not lag on many economic indicators. This location allows Florida State University to be one of the few universities located in a rural area that offers comprehensive academic programs that cover all aspects of undergraduate study, as well as graduate-level programs.
Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
This scholarship is the first of its kind offered by Florida State University. It will support students who want to pursue a postgraduate degree, with an emphasis on aiding research-driven professors and scholars.
The scholarship will be awarded annually to one student with a focus in Arts or Science who is also pursuing a Ph.D. or another advanced degree in their field of expertise at FSU or another accredited institution. This scholarship is specifically for those who may not qualify for the regular merit-based scholarships but have significant financial needs and/or demonstrate leadership, academic excellence, and dedication to their field of study.
This scholarship was created by one specific professor: Professor David Sanchez-Burke will fund the first recipient.
In addition, each recipient will receive a $2,000 stipend each year. The stipend will cover the cost of tuition, books, and the $1000 application fee.
The scholarship has been designed by Professor David Sanchez-Burke.
Available courses at Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
The courses available are:
- Design of Computer Programs
- Python Programming
- Statistical Analysis
- Visual Analytics
- Diet and Nutrition in Public Health
- Circuit Analysis
- Game Theory
- Social Media in Public Health
- Budgeting and Finance
- Fiscal Policy Management
- Environmental Health Information Systems
- Cultural Biography of the United States 14.Health Policy Analysis
- Effective Communication
- Statistical Learning and Inference Methods
- Hypothesis Testing
- Data Mining
- Supervised Learning
- Unsupervised Learning
- Neural Networks
- Deep Learning
- Signal Processing
- Computer Graphics
- Data Acquisition
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Numerical Analysis
- Control Systems
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Operational Research
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Economics and Finance
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- International Studies and Diplomacy
International students at Florida State University Scholarship
International students at Florida State University are the last in line to be able to get an affordable college education in America. The issue of international students at universities is a very hot topic and they made their voices heard with this scholarship application. This scholarship is perfect for students like International Students, as well as U.S Citizens who also attend Florida State University and would rather pay out of pocket so that other less fortunate people can have more opportunities to improve them.
Tuition fee for international students at Florida State University
The tuition fee for international students at Florida State University is $27,000 (USD) for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The fee includes tuition/ fees, housing (linens not included), and sustenance (1 meal plan).
Estimated annual living costs are roughly USD 10,000 for a total of about USD 37,000. For those who are eligible to receive financial aid the estimated cost will be lower – more information can be found here.
International Students body for International Students at Florida State University
There are several international student bodies at the University of Florida State, which is an 10 Fully Funded International Scholarships In USAengineering school that was founded in 1851. Most international students come here for graduate and post-graduate studies.
International Student Body offers many services and support to international students such as caring staff from both the US and other countries, a mediation service, advice on visa issues, study abroad opportunities including internships abroad, and a University website that includes information about registration dates which helps with student preparation anxiety.
Additionally, International Student Body sponsors annual events like the Spring Festival where they have activities planned for all of their members such as an egg-tossing competition or scavenger hunt.
Eligibility Requirements for Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Florida resident (or non-Florida resident who meets Florida residency requirement) or U.S. citizen
- Be a national of a country other than the United States and be legally eligible for admission to and remain in the United States
- Have not attended another university that offers a Master’s degree program during your undergraduate career at FSU
- Not hold an undergraduate degree from FSU
- Submit your application
Documents Needed to Apply for Florida State University Scholarship as a Postgraduate Students
- Here are the following documents needed to apply:’
- Your academic transcripts for each college you have attended
- A letter of intent stating your academic goals and reasons for wanting to attend Florida State University
- A resume detailing your professional and educational history
- Submit the FAFSA form online. This will give you a free $500 grant. Once accepted, submit the CSS/Financial Aid Application form online or in-person to be completed. To apply for these scholarship funds, do not submit any other forms from the university. It is awarded without regard to financial need.
How to Apply for Florida State University Scholarship as a Postgraduate Students
To apply, follow the steps;
- Choose your school, Florida State University
- Choose your courses
- Select the subject areas of your courses
- Answer all required essay questions
- Apply Now!
- Study for the exams you need to take to apply for selective scholarships such as those through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and/or corporate scholarships at FSU
- When completed, submit your application in person or by mail to be given priority status before others in applying for that year’s awards; you will be notified when the scholarship is awarded and what award you will receive if granted (this usually takes up to two months).
Benefits of Studying at Florida State University as a Postgraduate Students
The benefits of studying here are:
- A high number of scholarships and grants
- Tuition waiver program that covers the cost of tuition for 1 year after you graduate
- Reduced course load/accelerated programs to get ahead faster
- Developing character through community service and leadership opportunities
- Growing intellectually through deep exploration, fieldwork, internships, research assistantship, etc.
- Learning from the best professors in their fields in a wide variety of disciplines and departments. The faculty is often world-renowned experts in their field and all teach state-of-the-art courses with interactive learning environments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Admitted international freshman are automatically considered for our out-of-state tuition waiver scholarship. International students are also encouraged to review information on other funding resources at the Center for Global Engagement.
3.0 cumulative GPA
Maintain 3.0 cumulative GPA while enrolled at FSU. Earn required hours for the scholarship. Please use our Credit Hour Tool to check your availability.