How To Get Dark Mode On Snapchat-Nowadays, almost all social media platforms have built-in dark modes, and Snapchat is no exception. In addition to preserving battery life, the dark look makes it simpler to use Snapchat at night. However, some of you may have difficulties using the dark theme, particularly on Android mobile devices. This article examines several methods on how to get dark mode on Snapchat on iOS and Android.
What Is Dark Mode?
Dark Mode (also known as night mode) is a setting that changes the app’s color scheme to a darker landscape. Another name for dark mode is bedtime mode—this is the display setting if you want to remain up late with the lights turned off. Dark Mode is available on Facebook and other applications, including Snapchat. Unfortunately, not many applications include a night mode—even some of the most popular have yet to implement this useful function. Regardless of the capabilities of other applications, here’s how to activate Snapchat’s dark mode.
How To Enable Snapchat Dark Mode In Other Android Phone
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your Android device.
- Navigate to the Display & Brightness section.
- Select the Dark Mode Options option.
- For third-party applications, choose Dark mode.
- Tap the turn-on option in the pop-up menu after selecting Snapchat.
- Snapchat has dark mode activated.
How To Get Dark Mode On Snapchat For iPhone
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone
- To access your Snapchat profile, tap the Bitmoji symbol in the top-left corner.
- Press the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen from the profile page.
- Tap “App Appearance” under “My Account” settings to see the opportunity to modify the Snapchat theme.
- To activate dark mode on Snapchat from your iPhone, go to the “App Appearance” settings and choose “Always dark.”
How To Enable Snapchat Dark Mode In Oppo, Vivo, Or OnePlus Phones
You can activate Snapchat dark mode on certain Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones by using ColorOS/experimental FuntouchOS’s per-app forced dark mode. Please keep in mind that for OnePlus phones, you must run an OxygenOS build based on ColorOS.
- Launch the Settings app and choose “Display & brightness.” Now, tap “Dark mode settings” to customize your phone’s dark mode settings.
- Tap on “Dark mode for third-party applications (Beta)” to view a list of apps that support forced dark mode.
- Locate Snapchat in the list of available applications and toggle it on. When the confirmation box opens, choose “Turn on” to activate Snapchat’s dark mode.
- Launch Snapchat and enjoy the dark theme! This method seems more appealing than the system-wide forced dark mode activated via Developer Options.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Snapchat’s Android app does not have an official dark theme. You may, however, utilize workarounds to put Snapchat into dark mode.
Developer Options allows you to impose a system-wide dark mode. It longer works on Snapchat’s most recent builds. As a result, in order to utilize the forced dark theme, you must use an earlier version. However, with the newest versions of Snapchat, you may utilize the per-app forced dark theme solution, which is accessible on some Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones.
To use dark mode on iOS, make sure you’ve upgraded to the most recent version of Snapchat.
- Open your Android phone’s Settings.
- Go to the Display & Brightness tab.
- Tap on the Dark Mode settings option.
- Click on Dark mode for third-party apps.
- Select Snapchat and tap on the turn on option on the pop-up menu.
- Dark mode is enabled on Snapchat.
iOS 13, and therefore Dark Mode, is compatible with the following phones: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, and the iPod touch (7th generation).