Heriot-Watt University, a prestigious Scottish university, is the perfect destination for international students who want to improve their academic experience and gain valuable skills. The Heriot-Watt University scholarship campuses offer courses like law, business, and IT, with all aspects of living on campus offered at a low cost.
Heriot-Watt University is one of the top public universities in the United Kingdom, with a huge reputation worldwide and a broad range of programs in which you can study for all kinds of education levels and backgrounds.
It also aimed to become the biggest university in Europe by 2020. This is thanks to its exceptional track record from previous years as well as its current developments that are showing positive results for international students in the UK.
Student Life at Heriot Watt University
With accommodation included as well as all tuition fees, students are able to choose if they go with all meals or just one, depending on their budget. The Heriot Watt University scholarship campuses offer student life in an environment that is academically safe and an attractively priced student experience far away from the hustle of city life.
Heriot Watt University is a modern-day institution with outstanding facilities, both in the main campus in Edinburgh and the international scholarship campuses in Malaysia and Dubai.
Heriot Watt University Scholarship
The Heriot Watt University is offering full scholarships to international students wishing to study at this esteemed Scottish institution. These scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate degree level programmes that start from the commencement of the academic year (August)in 2022.
The Heriot Watt University scholarship requires that students have a good GPA of 2.0
- Scholarship Information
Heriot-Watt University, one of the top universities in Europe, is offering a four-year scholarship programme for qualified international students. This scholarship programme gives you places for two years at Heriot-Watt’s International College of Engineering and Business (ICEB), followed by two years of academic study at Heriot-Watt’s School of Engineering and Architectural Sciences (HEAS).
The combined qualification offers a unique opportunity to gain broad engineering knowledge with a strong business focus. In addition, you will be able to complete your study abroad year in one of our partner universities around the world. The University also offers Financial Aids for students who struggle to study.
- Financial Aid
Heriot-Watt University is the first British university to offer a fully online MBA degree program. The university offers over 25 undergraduate degrees in 16 different fields, as well as postgraduate courses in engineering, computing and business administration. It also has an app for mobile devices, which will include syllabi, course outlines and more
The school offers a variety of financial aid options to international students seeking a degree from Heriot-Watt University. The university can help with scholarships that cover costs like tuition and fees, or guarantee loans for part of the cost, or even full costs such as travel expenses or accommodation during study abroad programs. Fee loans are available to cover fees up to £9000 (around $12000 USD).
Fields of Study
Heriot-Watt University offers many different courses for international students as well. This list is just a compilation of the major subjects that most international students would be interested in.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Management and Marketing
- Criminology, Legal Studies, and Criminal Justice Systems
- Economics/Business Economics/Finance and Economics
- English Language, Literature, and Creative Writing
- Health and Clinical Sciences
- History, Philosophy and Theory of Arts
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Humanities, Social and Management Sciences
- Information Technology/Computer Science/Information Systems
- Languages, Linguistics & Education (not including language courses for ‘English as a Foreign Language’)
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Physical Sciences, including Environmental Sciences (Geography is included in the Geography Department)
- Religion and Theology
- Social Sciences, Education, and Management
- Sport and Exercise Science
The application process for the Heriot-Watt University Scholarship is open to all international students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent and want to start a course of full-time undergraduate study in September.
Such award includes tuition fees for the full duration of the course, plus an allowance for living expenses (£6,000). If you’re looking for a scholarship that will cover 100% of your university fees; this is it.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship at Heriot Watt University
- To be eligible for a scholarship, students must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student.
- have a first-time application for the scholarship year and be eligible at the date of entry to start their study program.
- be from an EU country or have European Economic Area (EEA) rights to live in Scotland, England or Wales and be studying an undergraduate course at Heriot-Watt University.
- They must show that they are likely to achieve a 2:1 or above in order to become eligible for this scholarship. This is a competitive scholarship and students must also have an academic offer from Heriot-Watt University.
As an EU/EEA student, you do not need to pay tuition or course fees if you decide to study a graduate programme in engineering, mathematics or physical sciences. You will also be fully funded by the Scottish Government
- Students must meet the entry requirements for the intended course of study and demonstrate that they have been offered a place at Heriot-Watt University.
- Students must be able to demonstrate that they have received sufficient funding to meet both their living costs and tuition/course fees liability to study at Heriot-Watt University.
Documents Needed to Apply for Scholarships at Heriot- Watt University Scholarships
A list of documents needed to apply for scholarship at Heriot Watt University:
- Completed application form
- Degree certificate, which must be in English translation if it is not in English
- Shopping list of qualifications, including transcripts and relevant certificates for any subjects for which a scholarship has been sought.
- Students are advised to have these documents endorsed by their home university before submitting them.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s current university
- A clear recent passport-sized photo
The students are to bring the original documents for verification if they get it. And you can take this opportunity to check out what other scholarship programs there are in your field.
The new developments have brought great changes in different organizations, institutions and particularly in academic fields. With so many opportunities, there is need of scholarship programs that will assist students as well as teachers who help them become future leaders .This also helps reduce the financial burden on students and their families.
Benefits of Studying in Heriot-Watt University as an International Student
- Cost – Heriot Watt University offers a range of undergraduate courses that make the most of your student budget, meaning you can get more for less.
- Benefit from academic expertise – We provide an outstanding learning environment for international students with one to one academic support and mentoring; study in a friendly and welcoming community of global learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Broaden your horizons – In addition to internationally recognized qualifications, Heriot Watt University is enriched by opportunities to gain valuable work experience through our integrated employability programme. You will learn much more than just degree subjects by working outside the university, developing key skills such as communication and teamwork alongside your degree studies.
- Make a difference – Heriot Watt University is committed to making a positive difference in the world, and your degree will help you in developing professional and personal qualities essential for any successful career.
- Language support – Our language support offers you tuition in English, maths or two additional languages of your choice. Read our Language Support page to find out more.
- Support from international student support services – You can access a range of support services that will help you settle into university life including: International Student Assist (ISA), International Student Support Office (ISSO), Cyberspace and Migrant Integration Services (CIMIS).
Beyond the initial benefits, our international experience and diverse student body ensures that you’ll be among the most sought-after and respected graduates in your field.
In addition to the programmes for undergraduate degrees, the school also offers a range of graduate degrees in fields ranging from international business to strategic management. Alternatively, consider one of the postgraduate teaching qualifications for a professional arena such as personal development or counselling.
Heriot-Watt is committed to supporting students throughout their study programme at every stage, from applying and choosing their course through to final graduation and onto lifelong success, wherever that may take them!
Frequently Asked Questions
The acceptance rate of Heriot-Watt University is 65% with an ever-increasing student body. The university has a relatively high acceptance rate, which means that an aspirant can make it to the university with a good academic profile.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked best in Edinburgh for Architecture, Building & Planning (Building). See all rankings for the Heriot-Watt University.