How To Cook Fried Rice
If you are a lover of Nigerian dishes, then this fried rice shouldn’t pass you. On this one, you just have to parboil the rice many times before you cook it in chicken stock, If you enjoy the flavor of traditional Nigerian cookery. And also, fry the mixed vegetables in seasonings, stir the cooked rice into the vegetables, and fry the mixture for about 5 minutes. Serve the fried rice incontinently for the stylish flavor and texture.
See the procedures for cooking fried rice here
The Ingredients Needed
- One cup 128g of cubed beef liver (optional).
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.5g of thyme.
- One teaspoon 5g of Nigerian or Jamaican curry powder.
- One stock cube
- The salt to taste
- Again, a chopped scallions to garnish
- You will also need 2 cups of 356g of parboiled (basmati, jasmine/white rice).
- A 1/2 cup 118ml of chicken or turkey stock
- Vegetable oil.
- One onion ‘diced’.
- One cup 128g of diced mixed vegetables.
(A) The Making of the Rice
1. Wash the rice with cold water and pour it into a large pot.
Place 1 mug (178g) of dry rice into a fine mesh strainer. And run cold water over the rice and use your hands to gently wash the rice. And you can use basmati, white, or jasmine rice for this form.
Traditionally, Nigerian fried rice is made with coddled long grain rice. And this form calls for 2 mugs (356g) of parboiled rice. That’s 1 mug (178g) of dry rice makes about 2 mugs (356g) of cooked rice.
2. Then add 2 mugs (473ml) of water to the large pot.
When boiling, you have to use twice as important water as you do rice. Because in this case, you have to use 2 mugs (473ml) of water since you are boiling 1 mug (178g) of dry rice.
3. You have to boil the mixture over high heat for about 5minutes.
Just bring the water to a full rolling pustule..And also, start your timekeeper and let the rice pustule for 5 minutes. Also, keep the lid off of the pot while the liquid heats up so it does not boil over.
4. Then transfer the rice to a fine mesh strainer.
You have to turn off or lower the burner and hold a fine mesh strainer over your sink. Again, pour the mixture into the strainer to separate the water from the rice.
5. Place the strainer in a container of cold water for about 5 twinkles.
Fill a large container with cold water. And put the fine mesh strainer into the container of water so the rice can soak for several minutes.
6. Then wash off the rice with cold water.
Take the strainer out of the container of water and wash the rice again with cold water. And at this point, your rice is coddled and ready to use in this form!
7. Then put 1/2 mug (118ml) of stock in a large pot and bring it to a boil.
In Nigeria, this fried rice is traditionally made with chicken or turkey stock. And so you have to add 1/2 mug of the stock to a large pot or saucepan. And let the liquid come to a full rolling boil pot over.
In traditional Nigerian ceremonies, rice is always cooked in meat stock unlike the rice in Chinese fried rice, which is cooked in plain water. So use beef or vegetable stock rather, If you prefer.
8. Then add the parboiled rice and boil the mixture for 25 minutes.
Precisely put the parboiled rice into the boiling stock. And boil the rice until it absorbs all of the stock, which generally takes around 25 minutes. And then take the rice off the heat and fluff it with a chopstick after 5 minutes.
(B) Then frying of the Veggies and Rice
1. Then sauté the onions for 1-2 times.
Pour 1 tablespoon (5ml) of vegetable oil into a large pot and turn the heat to medium. And once the canvas oil is hot and shimmers, add the minced onion and saute for a couple of times.
2. Then stir in the mixed vegetables, stock cell, and seasonings.
Add 1 mug (128g) of minced mixed vegetables to the skillet. And also, stir in 1/2 tablespoon (2.5g) of thyme, 1 tablespoon (5g) of curry powder and 1 stock cube. And for an authentic Nigerian flavor, saute 1 mug (128g) of cubed beef liver with the veggies.
You can use frozen mixed vegetables straight from the bag while they are still frozen.And however, chop and boil your own mixed vegetables, If you prefer. Then try a blend of carrots, sludge, green pepper, and peas.
3. Then Fry the vegetables for 1-2 minutes.
Stir and cook the vegetable mixture over medium heat until the vegetables are hotted through. And avoid overcooking the vegetables or they’ll lose their shape and vibrant color. And however, add 1 tablespoon (5ml) of cooking oil, If the vegetables stick to the pot.
4. Then add the rice and fry everything together for 3-5 minutes.
Transfer the rice to the pot with the seasoned vegetables and stir the mixture until it’s combined. And stir-fry the mixture for 3-5 times, stirring continuously. And again, turn off the heat and serve the fried rice incontinently for the best flavor. Also put any leftovers in a container, put it in the fridge and chill it for about 5-7 days.
- How To Buy Data On Airtel
- How To Check NIN Number On MTN
- How To Cook Fried Rice
- How To Buy Data on MTN
- How To Transfer Money From Zenith Bank
- Top Best Universities in Istanbul