How To Create And Update Jamb Profile On Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Portal For 2021 – Do It Yourself
With the 2021 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) registration around the corner, one of the most important step you will have to take as a candidate who want to sit for JAMB is to create a profile on JAMB.
Just like Mathematics and English Language, Jamb Profile Creation is a compulsory step for Jamb Registration. The use of Jamb Profile started after the introduction of Jamb CBT.
The Jamb profile have your various personal information such as names, email, date of birth, local government of origin, Waec or Neco result, gender, course of choice, passport photograph, etc.
What is Jamb Profile?
Jamb Profile is an account Jamb Candidates must create before they are able to register Jamb, check jamb result, Print original result slip, Accept or reject Jamb Caps admission status and correct errors on Jamb Portal. Best time to create Jamb profile is when registration begins for 2021.
3 Ways To Create Profile For Jamb 2021 UTME And Direct Entry
There are three ways you can create Jamb Profile:
- SMS/Text Message Method
- On Jamb website.
- Using the Jamb Application.
The Recommended way to create a profile by Jamb is sending SMS to 55019. Keep reading for how to create your Jamb account using SMS And two other Methods.
How To Create Jamb Profile Sending SMS To 55019
Open text message in your phone and type your Surname, First Name & Middle Name. Then send the text message to 55019. For example, if your surname is Inegbenehi, your first name is Isaac and middle name Aihinoria, simply text Inegbenehi Isaac Aihinoria to 55019.
A confirmation code of 10 characters will be received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN.
If Jamb re-introduces NIN for Jamb 2021 registration then you will just have to Text NIN to 55019 to create Jamb profile.
How To Avoid SMS Issues Creating Profile
- Don’t add a comma to the names.
- 50 Naira will be deducted from your Sim. Make sure you have above N50 Naira airtime on your Mobile phone before sending the SMS.
- One Phone number can be used by one candidate only. Don’t share the same number with your brother or sister. They should get their own sim and send their own message.
How To Correct Name And Retrieve Confirmation Code
To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middlename” to 55019
To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019.
How to Create Jamb 2021 Profile On Jamb Website
- Visit the Jamb website using this link
- Click on create e-Facility account/login
- Click on the create new account button to begin your Jamb profile creation.
- You will be required to verify your email. See the screenshot below:
- Click on select to choose a security question from the drop-down menu. E.g, what is the name of your first boyfriend.
- In the last two spaces (Secret question-answer), enter the same answer. If your first boyfriend is/was Isaac, write it in the last two spaces and click on verify.
- You will see a dialogue box requesting you to verify your email. If the box shown to you is not exactly like the one below, it means your email has issues. Create and verify a new email before creating your Jamb profile.
- Log in to your email and confirm it. If you don’t find the mail under updates, check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive.
- Click on the link that Jamb will send to you to continue the registration.
- Fill the necessary details.
- If you don’t have an email yet, you can create one.
- Then create the account.
- After the account creation, login to view your Jamb Profile.