If you have already graduated from the higher institution and you are looking to join the Nigerian police force, then you stumbled on the right article as we are going to show you all the necessary information you need to know for you to join the police force.
If you want to join the Nigerian Police force as a graduate, you will have to enroll in a program called the Cadet ASP Program.
Joining the Nigerian Police Force is going to be an interesting journey as it will become your primary duty throughout your life.
Every year, the Nigerian Police Force engages in recruitment processes that helps it bring in fresh and competent individuals into the police force to help fight against crime and also strengthen the security aspect of the communities and country at large.
Those that join the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) through the Police Academy are more likely to be promoted faster than those that run the Cadet ASP Program.
Requirements For Nigerian Police Force Recruitment For A Graduate
The ASP program takes a period of about 9 to 12 months and before you can join the Nigerian Police Force as a Graduate, you will have to meet some criteria and they are:
- You must be a Nigerian citizen and have a National Identification Number (NIN)
- You must be between 20 to 28 years of age
- You must not have any past criminal record
- You must not be less than 1.64 metres for women and 1.67 metres for men
- You should have an O’level certificate (WAEC, NECO) with at least credits in at least five subjects including mathematics and English Language.
- You must not have any disability
- Your chest measurement must not be less than 86cm (34 inches)
- You must not have any body scars like tattoos
- You must be free from any financial embarrassment
- You should have a valid drivers’ license as an added advantage
- You must be a graduate of any recognized university or polytechnic.
- You must fill the Guarantor’s form and provide reputable references (traditional ruler, magistrate, local government chairman, heads of educational institutions, civil servants not below the rank of grade level 12, police officer not below the rank of CSP or any military officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel).
How To Apply For The Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate
If you meet the requirements we have highlighted above, then you can proceed to applying for a job in the Nigerian Police Force as Graduate. Do well to follow the steps we will be highlighting below:
You will have to visit the Nigerian Police Force recruitment portal at www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/ or visit the Nigerian Police Force official Website at www.npf.gov.ng/ and click on ASP program.
The Nigerian Police Force recruitment form is free and so you should disregard any information or individual asking you to pay any money for the form.
Who Are Not Eligible To Apply
Applicants that have the following physical challenges cannot apply:
- Medical challenges
- Knocked knees
- Flat foot
- Limb legs
- Hearing difficulties (deafness)
- Hunched back
- Defective eyesight
- Difficulty in speaking (dumbness/stammer)
- Fractured arm or deformed hands
- Amputation of any part of the body
- Also, pregnant women cannot apply.