Huddersfield University Scholarships Currently Ongoing
Huddersfield University is a British public university located in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. It was founded in 1829 by William Wilberforce and Thomas Fowell Buxton. It is the main campus of the University of Huddersfield and currently offers close to 300 study programs.
With a choice of over 480 courses, you are guaranteed to find something that interests you. For those looking for a more personalized study, we also offer bespoke programs through our taught master’s degree program which is recognized as one of the most competitive in England. For those interested in academic career progression, our part-time Master’s degree provides high-quality English teaching qualifications at an affordable cost.
With over 34,000 students, you will be welcomed by the traditional university town of Huddersfield, one of the most multicultural towns in England. It offers the opportunity to get a taste of a different lifestyle through its many festivals and excursions.
The town itself is made up of a multitude of well-kept Victorian terraces and modern apartment blocks that overlook the iconic Saddleworth Moor. These apartments are often rented out to students who enjoy living in such proximity to nature.
The university also boasts two student bars and restaurants on campus – The Ropewalker and The Cornerstone – as well as its student union, which provides facilities such as a gym, cinema, etc.
A Huddersfield University scholar is described as “a student who has attained the highest standard of academic achievement, demonstrating excellence in all aspects of their academic program”.
The scholarship runs for 12 months, starting in autumn.
There are some eligibility criteria for the scholarship. These include requiring citizenship of any country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, and not being in receipt of full-time state education funding at a United Kingdom university or elsewhere.
To apply for the Huddersfield University Scholarship you need to complete an online application form on the website and provide supporting evidence in your application when prompted.
They are often awarded a range of monetary scholarships to subsidize their studies, covering tuition fees and living costs. These scholarships can also be offered for further study once you have graduated from Huddersfield University. The scholarship covers tuition fees, plus a stipend to help with expenses like rent and food.
Huddersfield Giants scholarship enables you to train with the Giants players at their training headquarters and attend sessions at the University of Huddersfield, including ‘Sports Science for Sport’ (S4S). You will also receive a work placement in the community to see first-hand how sport has an impact on people’s lives.
Summary of Details of The Huddersfield University Scholarships
In summary, the University of Huddersfield offers a variety of scholarships to students with an excellent academic record, or who have demonstrated excellence in work experience or other activities.
The awards range from £1,000 to £10,000 and are available for students entering University in December 2022. The closing date is December 31st, but early applications will be rewarded with a higher chance of being successful. To apply for any Huddersfield scholarship, prospective students must either be currently enrolled at the university or must have applied for admission by the end of September 2019 and been offered a place on their course.
Scholarship Host Country: UK
Host University: Huddersfield University
Program Duration: 2 years
Course level Available: Undergraduate, Postgraduate levels
To be funded by: Huddersfield University Scholarships
The deadline for application is December 2022
Documents Needed to Apply For Huddersfield University Scholarships
The documents needed to apply are:
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or residence permit.
- Two copies of the document certifying completion (from secondary school, college, or university).
- Two passport-sized photos and two copies of the photo.
- Four copies of the highest diploma.
It is also necessary to complete a personal information form, a form for assessing the financial situation, and one for family members.
Application forms can be obtained from the office or by mail.
Eligibility Criteria For Huddersfield University Scholarships
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- UK undergraduate students in the Faculty of Science and Technology
- Must have a minimum English language grade point average of 2.5 from the same university within 12 months before the application
- Must be studying toward a first or second-year degree
- Have applied for admission to Huddersfield University and have been notified by Huddersfield that their offer has been sent to their email address.
How to Apply for Huddersfield University Scholarships
Here are the steps to applying:
- Visit the Huddersfield University scholarships website
- Navigate to the “Apply Online” link and fill out the online forms
- If you are a first-time user, create a username and password so you can log in next time
- Read all of the information on the web page for eligibility criteria and how to prove your academic ability
- Fill in your details as well as any other relevant information
- Click on “Submit Application” when done.
Fields of Study at Huddersfield University Scholarships
The available fields of study are:
- Health & Social Care
- Law & Justice Studies
- Modern Languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish) – Nursing and Midwifery Specialisation (Nursing) – Psychology and Counselling Studies.
- Sport Sciences
The Huddersfield University Scholarships are designed for students who want to enhance their education with opportunities to gain work experience in a specialist area whilst studying. They are open to applicants studying any subject.
If you are thinking about applying for this scholarship, read on as we outline the benefits of the scheme, how it works and how many scholarships there are.
As you can see from the list above, Huddersfield University offers many opportunities for those wanting to study a broad range of subjects. One of these is the opportunity to undertake one year’s full-time study with two years of paid work experience during your degree program in an area related to your favored academic field (ie psychology).
Benefits of Studying at Huddersfield University Scholarships
The benefits are:
- Learn in a safe, dynamic, and vibrant location.
- Enjoy excellent facilities for studying and recreation.
- Receive incomparable opportunities to make contacts in academia, industry, and the arts.
- Be assured of a high-quality learning experience with a highly committed staff.
- Gain a top-quality education.
- Establish a platform for future career development and opportunities.
- Earn the respect of peers, teachers, employers, and society.
- Build a strong foundation for further learning and lifelong growth.
- Be exposed to intercultural experiences that will enhance your personal growth, tolerance, and understanding of cultural differences.
- Be inspired by the tremendous natural environment with beautiful lakes and mountains.
- Gain valuable international experience that is lacking in most other countries.
- Get a University recognized qualification.
- Be granted a UK student visa that allows you to work while studying.
- Study at one of the largest universities in England with more than 32000 students of over 120 nationalities, and be part of a dynamic campus situated in the scenic Yorkshire countryside rich with traditions, heritage, and culture.
- Experience a rich learning environment in which you will participate in creative activities such as drama, dance, live music performances, art exhibitions, film festivals, and lectures by leading intellectuals as well as inspirational guest speakers from all over the world.
Huddersfield University offers over 50 undergraduate scholarships for eligible students from UK and EU backgrounds. Eligible students include those who studied maths or science at A level or equivalent. The number of places available for each course is dependent on the number of applicants that year. The scholarship value is typically around £3,000 per academic year for business students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a 100% University scholarship?
- Know where to look. …
- Prepare in advance. …
- Work hard and keep motivated. …
- Make yourself stand out from other applicants. …
- Read the application instructions carefully. …
- Submit an exceptional scholarship essay or cover letter. …
- Be realistic.
Does UK offer fully funded scholarships?
The Scholarships are Fully Funded and applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply. The Scholarship is sponsored by the Government of the UK and the British Council. It’s open now again in October. There is a total number of 310 Scholarship Opportunities.
- Apply For The University College London Global Undergraduate Scholarship
- Apply For The University Edinburg Glenmore Postgraduate Scholarship