International Students’ Scholarships In Canada
Scholarships are one definite way for international students to get a degree in Canada. Scholarships are often awarded to students who have excelled academically, have worked or volunteered, and in certain cases, are awarded based on skills.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re searching for scholarship opportunities in Canada to help fund your study. Here are some international students’ scholarships in Canada.
International Students’ Scholarships In Canada
1. Chinese Government 2022-2023 Scholarship Program
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
- Deadline: May 21, 2022
International students are encouraged to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship for the school year 2022/2023. In addition, Harbin Institute of Technology, one of China’s initial six top colleges, is hosting foreign student scholarships in China.
With science and engineering at its heart, the institution has expanded to incorporate management, liberal arts, economics, law, and other subjects. The scholarship is one of the Chinese Government Scholarship programs, and it was given to the institution by the Ministry of Education to attract excellent foreign students.
- Waiver from registration, tuition, and lodging fees.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance costs 800 RMB each year.
- Master’s students get a monthly stipend of 3,000 RMB.
- Doctoral candidates will get a monthly stipend of 3,500 RMB.
- Applicants must not be citizens of China
- Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years old.
- Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under 40 years old.
- Applicants should be capable of doing scientific research.
- Excellent academic achievement.
To apply for the Chinese Government 2022-2023, Scholarship Program, visit their official website http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/.
2. Durham University Scholarships For Female Students In Developing Countries For Master
- Scholarship Type: Masters
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is designed to help a female student from a developing nation with restricted access to higher education benefit from postgraduate studies at Durham University.
Hatfield College hopes to award the Lioness Scholarship to a student who possesses the academic and personal qualities necessary to complete and gain from a postgraduate program successfully, as well as a productive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and who will put their improved knowledge and skills acquired from the master’s program and experience in Durham to good use for the advantage of their society when they return home.
- Complete tuition payment
- Stipend to help with living costs
- Allowance for settling in
- UK immigration fees and the UK health surcharge
- One return economy plane ticket from the home country to the UK and the cost of return transportation from the UK airport to Durham City.
- Hatfield College offers fully financed self-catered mixed accommodation.
- Must be a female
- Hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course
- Have all other course entry requirements, including the relevant English language qualification
- Do not hold a Master’s degree
- Do not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK
Visit the Durham University website to apply for this scholarship.
3. DAAD – Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarship 2022
- Scholarship Type: Masters/PhD
- Deadline: November 1, 2022
The DAAD encourages the training of experts from developing and recently industrialized nations via its development-oriented postgraduate study programs. Local specialists who are well-trained and connected to foreign partners play a crucial role in their nations’ long-term development. They are the greatest hope for a brighter future for everyone, with less poverty, more education, and better health. The scholarships provide opportunities for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, or in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Graduates get 850 euros per month, while doctorate candidates receive 1,200 euros per month.
- Insurance for health, accident, and personal liability.
- Travel allowance covered.
- Applicants from underdeveloped nations are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s program.
- The scholarship will help you prepare for and complete a master’s or PhD degree in Germany.
- The scholarship will be available for up to 36 months.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Candidates must have the development-related motivation and be required to assume social responsibility and start and support change processes in their personal and professional environments after their training/scholarship.
To apply for the DAAD – Development-Related Postgraduate Courses Scholarship 2022 visit DAAD official page.
4. Fully Funded University Of Birmingham 2022 International Scholarships In Law UK
- Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
- Deadline: May 27, 2022
For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Birmingham is offering scholarships to full-time UK, EU, and foreign students. These scholarships are for students obtaining an LLB degree. These prizes are available to students from all over the globe who want to pursue a graduate degree at the University of Birmingham.
The institution provides a variety of financing options, both general and subject-specific. The scholarships recruit the brightest and most motivated individuals to the United Kingdom.
Birmingham has been challenging and nurturing great minds for more than a century. The university’s research has a long history of breaking new ground, pushing the frontiers of knowledge, and making a difference in people’s lives.
- Successful candidates will get scholarships to study Law in the United Kingdom and get a fee reduction of 3,000 pounds each year.
- International students with a foreign fees status should apply for the University of Birmingham International Scholarships in Law, 2022.
- Candidates must have applied to one of the following programs: LLB, LLB for Graduates, LLB International Law and Globalisation, LLB with Business, LLB with Criminology, LLB with French Law, and LLB with German Law.
- The candidates should have made Birmingham their first option.
- Showcase your academic brilliance.
- Professional certifications and honours are valuable assets.
To apply for the Birmingham 2022 International Scholarships In Law UK, visit the Birmingham University website to apply.
5. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students and Artists 2022-2023
- Scholarship Type: Masters
- Deadline: November 22, 2022
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship awards Master’s Scholarships to art students every year (Artists). The Swiss government grants postgraduate scholarships to foreign scholars and researchers via the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
Postgraduate researchers in any subject (with a master’s degree as a minimum) are eligible for the research fellowship. Beneficiaries must also intend to travel to Switzerland to undertake doctoral or postdoctoral research or additional education.
All Swiss cantonal institutions, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology provide research and study scholarships. Only applicants who an academic mentor has suggested at one of these universities will be considered.
Art scholarships are available to art students interested in pursuing a master’s degree in Switzerland. Scholarships for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts are available. Only individuals who have been offered a place to study are eligible to apply. This award is only offered to foreign students from African countries and a select few countries.
Graduates from all areas may use these scholarships to pursue master’s, doctoral, or postdoctoral research at one of Switzerland’s publicly supported universities or recognized organizations.
- The scholarship includes a monthly stipend, tuition waiver, health insurance, flights, and a unique accommodation allowance.
- You must be under the age of 35. (born on or after 1 January 1977).
- To get the most out of their studies in Switzerland, they must be fluent in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian, or English).
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree when the scholarship begins.
- They must be able to show their academic ability and goals.
Visit their official website, www.sbfi.admin.ch, to get more details about the scholarship and how to apply.
6. Fully Funded Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) 2022 Herchel Smith Scholarship
- Scholarship Type: PhD
- Deadline: June 2, 2022
For the academic year 2022-23, new PhD candidates doing full-time research in Intellectual Property (IP) may apply for a Herchel Smith Scholarship. The prize covers three years of education while enrolled full-time provided that yearly progress reports are acceptable.
Whether at the domestic or international rate, all tuition expenses will be covered by the award. As a result, both the UK and international candidates are eligible. In addition, beginning in September 2022, the winner will receive a recurring payment of roughly £17,000 per year (evaluated yearly) during the academic year.
- Beginning in September 2022, the recipient will be paid 17,000 pounds per year.
- This scholarship is open to the UK and international students
- The Herchel Smith Ph.D. Scholarship Program honours and supports excellent full-time students who have the potential to make significant contributions to the field of intellectual property law. This program assists intellectual property law PhD candidates as well as those researching at the confluence of intellectual property law and other sciences and humanities fields.
- The prize is for new candidates who will begin classes in September 2022, at the start of the next academic year. As a result, existing PhD students who started before September are not eligible to apply.
- Please note that PhD programs are only offered in September. To be considered for the program, applicants must meet the appropriate academic standards (this includes graduating from their LLM course with the specified grade or higher). As a result, students graduating in November 2022 will be able to begin their studies in September 2022. Therefore, they will not be eligible for this prize (unless they have previously graduated with an LLM degree earlier).
To apply for this scholarship, visit Queen Mary University on mysis.qmul.ac.uk.
You could finance your education without stress or spend a dime with these scholarship opportunities. But remember that these scholarships are competitive; it is better to apply early and prepare for any examination that the scholarship host may conduct.