Loyola University Chicago International Student Scholarships – From business degrees to liberal arts courses, Loyola is a great choice for those looking for a new and brighter future. Undergraduate students can take advantage of more than 275 areas of study and graduate students can choose from more than 70 degree programs – any one of which could lead you down a career path you’re excited about. With numerous options, Loyola will help bring your dreams closer to reality. Learn what else is available at luenet.
With more than 7,600 students, Loyola University Chicago is a Jesuit, Catholic university. It has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Colleges” in the Midwest region and is ranked among the top 120 universities in North America. With its main campus on Roosevelt Road near downtown Chicago, Loyola offers academic excellence with a social conscience and serves as an intellectual and spiritual hub for those interested in exploring issues of religious faith.
Founded in 1870 by the Jesuits, Loyola University Chicago is one of the largest Jesuit universities in the nation. Today, with more than 70 undergraduate majors and 100 graduate degree programs, Loyola Chicago is committed to helping students discover who they are, what they can become, and how they can make a difference in their world.
Loyola’s campus life emphasizes inclusion, diversity, and community. The university offers an academic program with a global perspective that values cultures and traditions while promoting an awareness of local and global issues.
Chicago is recognized as one of the world’s most diverse cities.
The scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree program and 25% of the tuition fee for a graduate degree program. Loyola University Chicago, founded in 1870 by the Jesuits, is a diverse, urban university rooted in the Jesuit educational tradition. We have a global footprint with campuses in Rome and Paris and other international programs for study abroad. Loyola values scholarship at every level of education – from undergraduate to graduate school and on into advanced research programs.
The scholarship is available to international students in this category:
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time.
- Graduate students must be enrolled full-time.
- Students must demonstrate financial need by submitting a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students are required to show proof of English language proficiency and be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 or better or a 3.5 out of 4.0 in the last 60 credit hours.
Summary of Details of Loyola University Chicago United States
Loyola University Chicago United States International Student Scholarships are available to all international students who are unconditionally admitted and enrolled in the undergraduate or graduate program.
Additionally, Loyola hosts seven schools including the College of Liberal Arts, School of Architecture and Design, Graduate School, Mendoza College of Business Administration’s Business Intelligence Program (BIBA), Music Department (inaugurated in 2004), School for Health Sciences (SHS), and Jack Ryan Chair for Homeland Defense Policy.
Loyola University Chicago offers a variety of merit-based scholarships to incoming international students. The Loyola Scholarship for International Undergraduate Students is for full-time freshmen in the first year of an undergraduate degree program who demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding character. This scholarship will cover up to 10% of tuition per year, up to a maximum of $25,000 over four years.
Scholarship Host Country: USA
Host University: Loyola University Chicago
Course level Available: Bachelor, Undergraduate
To be funded by: Loyola University Chicago United States International Student Scholarships
The application deadline is December 2022.
Documents Needed to Apply at Loyola University Chicago International Student Scholarships
Documents needed to apply are:
- Application for Admission
- Secondary School Report or Certificate of Graduation and final grade transcript (s)
- Test Scores (TOEFL, GRE, GMAT)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement and Essay(s)
- Application Fee
- Transcript of Records (if applicable)
- Official standardized test scores in English using an approved testing agency: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), SAT, ACT with Writing, PTE Academic from ETS Australia. The University also requires students interested in admission to the College of Law to submit their LSAT scores.
(One official copy is required and one unofficial copy is optional)
Eligibility Criteria Needed for Loyola University Chicago International Student Scholarships
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- You must be an American citizen.
- You must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Loyola requires that you submit an application for admission along with the following official documents:
I. Transcripts and Test Scores,
II. A $75 non-refundable application fee, and
III. Official immunization records or medical clearances if you are enrolling as a student who is not in the United States but is coming from outside of the U.S.,
IV . An Official English Translation of ALL documents from countries other than the United States, if needed; otherwise, English translations are not required when living outside of the U.S…
Official English translations are required for all unofficial transcripts issued outside of the U.S., including but not limited to: high school and college transcripts, GED scores and test results, diplomas, secondary school reports, and any other documents that Loyola may request.
V. Official Scores from the TOEFL or IELTS are required for all students who are not citizens of the United States. The TOEFL test is an English language proficiency test that measures reading and writing skills in a classroom setting. Loyola University Chicago requires a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL iBT, with no less than 20 on each section.
How to Apply for Loyola University Chicago International Student Scholarships
Here are the steps to applying:
- Visit the Loyola University Chicago admissions website
- Fill out an application and submit it
- Pay the $60 application fee
- Get a copy of your SAT or ACT scores from The College Board or ACT, Inc., respectively
- Have your high school send transcripts to LUC’s Office of Undergraduate Admission by their deadline for priority consideration for fall enrollment
- Submit a Teacher Recommendation Form
- Write an essay that answers this question: “What do you want to learn from your education at Loyola?”
- Submit two letters of recommendation from faculty or coaches
- Submit a one-page resume
- 10 Get your application and supporting documents notarized to submit them
- Interview with a representative of the Office of Undergraduate Admission and Scholarships (O-UAS)
- Submit a $40 non-refundable electronic application fee or a paper application that you have signed and dated
- Attend Admit Weekend and tour the campus as an applicant
- Apply for financial aid
- Submit a verification form that verifies citizenship status, if applicable, to the O-UAS
Benefits of Applying for Loyola University Chicago International Student Scholarships
The benefits are:
- a challenging and comprehensive liberal arts education
- a student-centered approach to learning that builds on your strengths
- a diverse and culturally enriching environment of faculty, staff, and students from all over the world
- an opportunity to participate in the Jesuit mission of Loyola University Chicago through service-learning projects
- a range of undergraduate programs, from preprofessional and pre-health to interdisciplinary majors
- the chance to live on campus in the heart of Chicago’s Loop campus
- a vibrant and diverse Downtown campus, with architecture by noted Chicago architects and urban amenities like the Magnificent Mile just outside our front door.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Loyola University Chicago give financial aid for international students?
Financial assistance is available to international students on an extremely limited basis. Additional funding may be available through Loyola’s individual schools/departments.
Can you get a full ride to Loyola?
One full-tuition scholarship is available to students who have been named National Merit/National Achievement finalists by the National Merit Corporation. Qualified students should submit a copy of their award letter from the National Merit Corporation as their application for one of these scholarships by March 1.