How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat- Snapchat is the leading software application on smartphone for users who wish to take filtered and beautiful pictures. The app is very unique because it allows you to use filters during videos and you can already see the output.
This is quite different from other photo apps that edit the picture after you have taken it. Unfortunately, most people are in the dark about other functions of Snapchat apart from taking pictures and videos. If you have no idea how much more useful Snapchat can be, you have been missing a lot.
Make sure to search this website for Snapchat articles to see how you can turn on dark mode, create a group chat, block someone on Snapchat and many others. Some people do not know the advantages of using Snapchat for chatting or its other numerous functions.
Instead of exporting your snaps, you can post them on your Snapchat and your friends can see it. You can also make a group chat on Snapchat. While doing this, there are a few things you must know. This article will explain how to make a group chat on Snapchat.
How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat
It is very easy to make a group chat on Snapchat. In fact, you can make lots of group chats on your Snapchat and chat with friends using snaps or messages.
Follow these steps to see how to make a group chat on Snapchat:
- Using a strong data connection, open the Snapchat app on your device (Android or iOS)
- If you do not have an account previously, create a Snapchat account and sign in. (Without a strong connection and a username in mind, you may have a tough time doing this)
- If you already have a Snapchat account, simply login to it
- There is a speech icon at the bottom left of your phone screen. Tapping that icon bubble will take you to the friends tab. You can also swipe right on the screen to take you there.
- On the friends tab, click on the speech icon with a pencil, located at the top right corner.
- You will see a field named “To:” with a blinking cursor at the top of the chat screen.
- You can start selecting all the friends you want in your group chat by scrolling to find them r search using their username.
- Add all the friends you want, although you cannot add more than 100 people on a Snapchat group chat.
- If you make a mistake while selecting friends, click right behind their name to place the text cursor there. Click on backspace to delete the friend.
- After adding all the friends you want in your group chat, check all the names again to be sure.
- Click on new group to name your group.
- Select the chat with group option, and you have successfully created a group chat on Snapchat.
Here is a Summary of the instructions on how to make a group chat on Snapchat:
The process above may seem longer, so here is a shorter one.
- Open Snapchat and go to the friends tab. Click on the speech with pencil icon. Type the usernames of the friends you want in your group chat in the “To:” field.
- Select all the friends you want and click on new group to name the group chat. Click on chat with group to complete the process and start chatting with your friends.
How to use Group Chat on Snapchat
There is a very clear way to chat on Snapchat. It is not very different from other social media apps. You just need to click on the chat field and start chatting with your friends.
Click on the group to open it and start chatting. You can send photos, snaps from your Snapchat memories, bitmojis and many others. There is a major difference between Snapchat chats and other social media chats.
Group chats on Snapchat are deleted automatically after 24 hours. An interesting feature on Snapchat is that you can select group chats and send your snaps there immediately after taking them.
The video chat feature is also quite interesting. You can video chat up to fifteen friends in your Snapchat group.
How to Manage Group Chat on Snapchat
If you are thinking of removing a friend from your Snapchat group chat, there is no option for that, currently. This is why you must check your list of friends very well before creating the group chat. You will have to create a new group if you mistakenly add a friend who does not want to leave.
By clicking on the menu icon located on the top left side of your screen, you can manage your Snapchat group chat using various options.
Using the options, you can change change your Snapchat group name, share your location with the group members, turn on “Do not disturb” mode, leave the group, add more friends to the group (if not filled already), and automatically save group stories.
How to Find Group Chat on Snapchat
If you do not use your group chat often, you may have trouble finding it. However, if you use your group chat frequently, check the friends tab and look for it among recent conversations.
Use the search option to find it if you cannot see it among recent conversations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are frequently asked questions and answers about how to make a group chat on Snapchat:
Open Snapchat and go to the friends tab. Click on the speech with pencil icon. Type the usernames of the friends you want in your group chat in the “To:” field.
Select all the friends you want and click on new group to name the group chat. Click on chat with group to complete the process and start chatting with your friends.
Yes. You can still make groups in Snapchat as of 2022. Snapchat is looking to improve the feature and not cancel it anytime soon.
You can now add up to a hundred people in your Snapchat group as of 2022.
Snapchat is a lovely space that can be used for a lot of things other than taking beautiful pictures. You can easily make a group chat on Snapchat to chat with your friends and do a whole lot of other things. Leave a comment if this was helpful and also check our other articles about Snapchat.
Lifewire.com: How to Make a group chat on Snapchat