McMaster University Scholarships
McMaster University is a Canadian university that offers many scholarships. The scholarships are available for students who study in all undergraduate programs, as well as a number of graduate programs. There are also scholarships for students from other countries, and for those majoring in certain subjects
McMaster University Scholarships 2022 is a comprehensive overview on the scholarship opportunities available at McMaster University for the year 2022. This article will cover all the details of these important opportunities and provide the link to you to apply directly with McMaster University.
About McMaster University
McMaster University is a public research university located in Hamilton, Ontario. The main campus is on 121 hectares of land bordering the city’s Royal Botanical Gardens.
McMaster offers mostly undergraduate and professional programs. The university stands as one of Canada’s most research-intensive universities and is particularly well known for its medical school—the Michael G.
Social clubs for in McMaster University
International students are welcome at McMaster University, which is the perfect home for everyone. No matter where you come from or what culture you represent, there’s a club here for you. Whether it’s sports, theatre, music, or other events and activities – they have something to offer.
Housing facilities are available for international student through the International Student Services Centre located in Building [GHC]. There are two student housing options: International Student Residence (ISR), which is a residence that is solely reserved for international students; and Central Residence (CR), which can be used by any McMaster students residing in the residence halls. The ISR hosts two private rooms and two shared double occupancy rooms.
Tuition fee at McMaster University for International Students
The tuition fee for International students at McMaster University is significantly cheaper than for domestic students. International students are charged $6,880 each year for tuition with an additional $1,000 charge per semester.
Students who hold a Canadian or American passport are not required to pay international tuition. The cost of the international degree is further reduced by 20% if you study in English and receive a good academic standing over 4 semesters.
International students who decide to study in Canada are eligible to apply for grants from post-secondary institutions such as OSAP and CGSB, which cover up to 80% of tuition fees and make it possible for even lower-income students to pursue post-secondary education.
To apply you have to have an average of 80% or above in both your first year and second year high school curriculum with an overall average of 75%. Also, you must be born outside Canada and must prove that you have a financial need.
Scholarships in McMaster University
Here are the scholarships offered by the university. The details are as follows:
- International Merit Awards Scholarships
The scholarship covers your educational and living expenses for the duration of your studies at McMaster University and is guaranteed for four years of study.
The University has a large number of student associations and clubs which contribute to the social, cultural, and recreational life of the University community.
McMaster has 82 student associations on campus that serve all your needs.
There are over 250 social, athletic, and special interest clubs in the McMaster Students Union.
The MSA is one of the largest student union in Canada with over 48,000 members representing all faculties, graduate students, and international students at McMaster University. The MSA represents a diverse membership providing services to enhance the quality of life on campus. The three main areas serviced by the MSA are advocacy, referenda, and representation.
- McMaster University Scholastic Awards
The university will award these scholarships to students with a GPA of at least 3.8 and who have a minimum citizenship score of 80% or higher.
- University Scholarships
These scholarships will cover all your expenses during your studies at McMaster University and are guaranteed for five years of study. Students are also expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.6 at school, and to maintain good citizenship ratings.
- McMaster University Cultural Awards
The university will award these scholarships to students with a citizenship score of 80% or above and with an average grade point average of at least 3.6 on their high school education (GPA). The scholarship also covers your living expenses at school.
- McMaster University Academic Awards
These scholarships cover all your university study expenses and are guaranteed for four years with a minimum GPA of 2.8 or higher. You can also apply for this scholarship if you have been enrolled in a program of study at the university in the previous year, or if you have received any other awards from the university. However, it is not necessary that you receive this award to receive any other award from the university.
- Automatic Entrance scholarships
This scholarship opportunity covers the cost of your tuition, and covers all costs of attendance (dorm, food, and books) as well as providing student services, so there’s no need to worry about financing your education. If you’re living in Ontario, apply today!
The automatic entrance scholarship at McMaster University gives you the opportunity to attend one of Canada’s top universities for free in 2022. Apply today and receive $2,500 towards your tuition…plus everything else! It’s a great way to get started on getting an education that you can afford.
Their scholarships are also a great way for students who are already attending other schools but find it too expensive to transfer. This 5-year renewable scholarship could be all you need to switch schools and complete your degree…
- In course scholarship awards
This scholarship awards program is for undergraduate students enrolled full-time in a recognized degree program, who have demonstrated financial need and whose academic achievement exceeds expectations.
The world of higher education is not free and no one can comprehend the high cost of paying for student’s tuition fees and living expenses while they are pursuing their studies. Fortunately, McMaster University sees the importance of ensuring that those who show promise in academics and demonstrate financial need but cannot afford to pay for it themselves, should never be without the opportunity to receive an education at the highest level.
- Graduate students association bursary scholarship
This scholarship is available to graduate students enrolled at McMaster University in either the Master of Business Administration or Engineering programs. To be considered an eligible candidate, applicants must not be more than 35 years old and must have a minimum of three years of full-time paid employment experience…
In order to apply for this bursary, you must first register as a graduate student at McMaster University. All materials relating to your application will then be sent directly by email from Graduate Studies. The deadline for submitting applications is December 1, 2022
The McMaster School of Graduate Studies researches and supports graduate education throughout Canada’s public university system through academic excellence and service integration.
Application Procedure for Scholarships at McMaster University
The following processes can be applied in application as an international student;
- Register on McMaster’s website
- Submit an online application form
- Provide documents for the application process (ie. Admission Documents, Test Scores, Health Certificate, Copy of Passport Page)
- Provide photocopies of all documents submitted for the application process and provide them in a sealed envelope containing your name and program name/code
- Submit payment for international tuition fee ($1000+HST), this will also be set up as a credit card payment online.
- Print out your Student ID Number from McMaster’s e-wellness portal
- For all international applicants, submit a completed and signed International Student Program Agreement online
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail from the staff at the McMaster University Admissions Office. This e-mail will include a quick summary of the requirements for that particular program.
- You will also be sent an email with your status for the application process; most applications are processed within 24 hours.
- If you have not received your e-mail within 2 working days, please contact the Office of International Services by phone or email to inquire about your status.
- Once admitted, send an email to admissions
Documents Needed for Application of Scholarships at McMaster University
The documents needed to apply for a scholarship are:
- McMaster University Application Information
- High School Transcript
- Upcoming Grades
- Activities in High School
- Work Experience
- Essays (Common App and McMaster)
- Letters of Reference and Recommendation
- Fee Waiver Request Forms (if applicable) If you are a student who is eligible for the full or partial fee waiver, please complete the appropriate forms: Fee Waiver Request Form for Continuing Students and Fee Waiver Request Form for Transfer Students.
Benefits of Studying in McMaster University
Here is a list of benefits for international students who wish to study in McMaster university;
- Free tuition
- A full scholarship for international students
- Research grants and funding opportunities here are plentiful.
- Helpful staff members in the international office to help you through any questions you may have.
- Flexible class schedules that allow you to choose the courses that best suit your interests. -Scholarships and bursaries are offered by many of the departments, as well as other outside sources.
- Environmental work and experience abroad
- Enhanced opportunities for professional development.
- Up to 4 months of paid internships, to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands on exposure and experience in their education field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does McMaster University give financial aid for international students?
Eligibility for international students
International students enrolled in Level 2 or higher may be eligible to apply for a bursary. International bursary funds are limited and allocated to students with the highest need. International graduate students are not eligible for any need based aid programs.
How are scholarships awarded?
You earn them by meeting or exceeding certain standards set by the scholarship-giver. Merit scholarships might be awarded based on academic achievement or on a combination of academics and a special talent, trait, or interest. Other scholarships are based on financial need.
- Undergraduate Merit Scholarship For International Students
- Scholarships at Pennsylvania State University