Moravian College Merit Scholarships For International Students: Moravian College is a private school in Pennsylvania that focuses on the liberal arts and sciences. It was established in 1742 by German immigrants.
Moravian College is a great good value-for-money option for those interested in obtaining an undergraduate degree. The school has been consistently recognized as one of the best public colleges in the United States, with alumni including key members of Moravian’s Board of Trustees and its Board of Directors, who each have successful careers…
And if you’re looking for a change from your work routine or want to spruce up your resume, consider applying to Moravian College.
Moravian College’s 2100-acre campus is located in Bethlehem, a city that was settled by Moravians in the early part of the 18th century. The city was founded by Pennsylvania Germans and remains a major cultural center for people of German descent in the United States. The college is located 26 miles northeast of Allentown and can be seen from Interstate 78…
Moravian College offers a generous financial aid package to all admitted students who demonstrate need through completion of the FAFSA. Each year, approximately 80% of Moravian students receive need-based grants that are applied directly towards tuition fees.
Summary of Moravian College Merit Scholarships For International Students
Moravian College offers merit scholarships to international students who enroll intending to complete a bachelor’s degree. The financial aid packages include tuition, fees, and room and board on campus. Scholarships are renewable annually based upon good academic standing in the College’s undergraduate program.
There is no application fee for Moravian College Merit Scholarship recipients and this scholarship does not require accompanying documents like transcripts or test scores.
The scholarship covers tuition, fees, and room and board for undergraduate students, as well as book allowances.
Moravian College Merit Scholarships recipients must maintain good academic standing to retain their scholarship.
This scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis each year to an outstanding full-time international student with a minimum 3.0 GPA for a continuing student of the University of Pennsylvania’s Honors Program.
Documents Needed to Apply for Moravian College Merit Scholarships
The documents needed are:
- A completed Moravian College financial aid application form (Online or PDF)
- An official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- US citizen or permanent resident alien: passport or birth certificate
- Non-US citizen: passport, visa, I-94 and I-20/DS-160 form signed by the international student advisor
- Proof of sufficient funding for entire study at Moravian College for all years of study (if applicant selected “Yes” to question on application)
- For applicants following F-1 or J-1 student visa: I-20 and I-94, unless already submitted with financial aid application.
- For applicants with a first degree from an accredited, non-US institution: official translation of transcript in English, evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Reviews Inc (ICR)
- Any other information which the college may require (e.g., resume, personal statement).
Deadline for application for Moravian College Merit Scholarships For International Students
The deadline for the application for 2023 College Merit Scholarships For International Students is already here. This scholarship program is jointly organized by the Office of Private Sector Development, Ministry of Education and Youth Affairs, United Arab Emirates Embassy in the Republic of Kazakhstan, and UAK Univerity. The scholarships will be awarded to international students who want to study at public or private universities as undergraduate students in UAE.
The dates are standard and hence, you should apply while they are still available. The application process and requirements can be found in the link below.
The deadline for application is May 31, 2023.
The scholarships will only be awarded for 17 months of undergraduate programs and 6 months of summer school.
How to Apply for Moravian College Merit Scholarships
The steps to apply are:
- Login to my Moravian and click on the “apply for scholarships” tab
- Select the “Merit Scholarships” option
- View international student requirements and then click on either the “Application for International Students: Fall 2018” or “Application for International Students: Fall 2019” links
- Follow all instructions that appear from there. You will be asked a series of questions about your academic history, your high school education, your life goals, etc. Each question will have a drop-down menu for possible answers. You will also be asked about your citizenship status, and finally, you will need to attach the following documents:
- A copy of your passport page with your current visa (if applicable)
- A copy of your birth certificate
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE)
- Application fee ($90/per year) in the U.S.
Fields of Study Available For the Moravian College Merit Scholarships
The courses available for international students are:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- High School Diploma Programme
- Merchant Marine Officer (MTO) License
- International Shipping and Maritime Affairs Programs
- Online Maritime Courses
- Graduate Certificate in International Shipping and Maritime Affairs
- Maritime Logistics Management Certificate (GLM) Program
- Master of Science in Transportation, Logistics & Supply Chain Management Program.
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Graduate Certificate in Maritime Logistics Management
- Graduate Certificate in Maritime Information Technology
- Maritime Business Analysis and Logistics (MBA) Program
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program.
Benefits of The Moravian College Merit Scholarships
The benefits of studying here are:
- More than just tuition, it includes 16 credits per semester
- Significant discounts on housing, car rentals, and gas
- Access to more than 10 student clubs and organizations
- Subsidized international travel insurance coverage
- A $3,000 monthly scholarship award from the college’s Foundation for International Students
Students who study at Moravian College are given these benefits: a scholarship of $3,000 per month for up to four years. The first two years of your coursework will be free. It’s also possible to receive a full tuition waiver or other discounted rates when you graduate. You’ll save about $10,331 for four years. This can be applied to your graduating year tuition.
But what are the benefits of studying at Moravian College? Come to find out.
• More than just your tuition: Any time you spend at Moravian College is highly valued and full credit will be given to your degree
• More than 10 clubs and organizations to join, including the Student Government Association, Phi Lambda Pi Fraternity, and Big Brothers Big Sisters, as well as a variety of student-run groups
• Access to more than 10 student organizations such as the Native American Student Alliance or the debate team.
Merchant Marine Officer Licenses and Graduate Certificates are available to both international and U.S citizens, (so long as they possess US citizenship). The Moravian College Merit Scholarships For International Students is a scholarship for international students who have an international baccalaureate diploma program as their highest qualification.
The Moravian College merit scholarships for international students are available to full-time and part-time degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students, who meet the school’s entrance criteria. The scholarship is renewable for all eligible international students each year that they are enrolled in the college.
The College is one of the only colleges in Pennsylvania offering scholarships to international students, which makes it a popular choice among International Students looking for a college without a huge price tag. The school offers both general merit scholarships as well as specific merit scholarships based on your chosen major of study.
Frequently Asked Questions
Regardless of your application choice, there is no fee to apply to Moravian University.
Is Moravian University a private or public school? Moravian University is a small private institution known for offering undergraduate and graduate degrees that blend a leadership focus, career development, and global experiences with liberal arts programs.