This is to inform the general public of the 2020/2021 admission form of Newgate college of health technology Minna. See Requirements and procedures below;
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING
-Nigerian Registered Nurse (NRN).
-National Diploma or its equivalent in Nursing.
– Holders of the above must possess the basic O’level credits in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
– Minimum of 5 passees in O’level WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO at not more than 2 sittings. Three (3) of the passes must be at at credit level and should include English Language, Biology or Health Science, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing and any other subject.
COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (CHEW)
– Five (5) Credit level passes at WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO O’level not more than two (2) sittings. These must include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Health Science. – Also, candidates with JCHEW certificates have an added advantage.
JUNIOR COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (JCHEW)
– Three (3) credits and two (2) passes at O’level WASSC or NECO in not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and any other two subjects.
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MGT
– Five credits in O’level at not more than two sittings at the SSCE/WASSC or its equivalent. The subjects must include: English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Science, Physics or Chemistry and any other subject.
HND HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
– National Diploma (ND) in H.I.M with a minimum of lower credit.
– Health Record Technician Certificate with a minimum of lower credit and five (5) O’level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology or Health Science in either WAEC/NECO at not more than two sittings.
– Candidates must have completed one year industrial attachment. Those with ND with initial JAMB score of 150 are not required to write JAMB. However, candidates without ND certificates are required to have a JAMB score of 160 and above.
– Five (5) credits at not more than two (2) sittings in WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
– Requires WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO – Four credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry with at least a pass in Physics. (Results more than ten years as the date of this registration will be rejected by the Registration Board).
– Holders of Medical Lab. Assistant certificate with the above O’level.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All interested and qualified candidates are to pick up their forms at the school premises.