The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organizing an essay competition to commemorate the 2020 World Maritime Day with the theme “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet”.
The World Maritime Day is celebrated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and member states globally to focus attention on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security, marine environment, seafarers and other specific aspects of IMO’s work.
The topic For the essay competition is “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet“, in Line with the theme For the 2019 celebration of the World Maritime Day.
- The essay competition is open to only Year 1 and Year 2 students of Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Participants are required to scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays. Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays should be maximum of 1,200 words (+ or – 10%) double spaced in MS Word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essay should end with the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the participant
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Essays to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The topic for the essay competition should be the subject matter
- Essays should be a maximum of 1,200 words [+ or – 10%] double spaced in Ms word and font size 12
- No collaboration or joint work is allowed
- No plagiarism, in whole or part, will be acceptable
- Essays should end with the name, telephone number and email address of the participant
- Essays that do not Follow the guidelines will be disregarded
- Only successful participants wilt be contacted.
- No essay will be accepted outside the closing date the competition.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website.
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- Seven (7) Consolation Awards of: N100,000 Education Grant each and a plaque
PRESENTATION OF AWARDS AND PRIZES
Prizes & Awards will be presented at a date to be announced.
18th February, 2021.