Northampton Community College scholarships for International students: Northampton Community College is a diverse and inclusive community that provides excellent academic programs and opportunities to all learners. Their programs range from Associate’s degrees to Master’s degrees in the liberal arts, as well as in Information Technology. Students can also explore certificate programs, honors courses, and other options for personal enrichment.
Northampton Community College is an accredited institution of higher education with more than 40 years of experience meeting the needs of its students. As a result, they have a very high retention rate of 97%. The college was recently ranked among the top 10% in terms of affordability nationwide by Forbes Magazine.
Northampton Community College has many clubs and activities for students to get involved in. Some of the clubs and activities include:
- All College Choir,
- The Associated Students of Northampton Community College (ASNCC),
- Association of Future Educators (AFFE),
- Black Student Union (BSU),
- Catholic Student Club,
- Circle K,
- Diversity Action Committee (DAC),
- Environmental Club,
- Jazz Band,
- Latinos Unidos,
- Men’s Soccer Team,
- Newspaper-The Campus Chronicle,
- Philippine Cultural Society (PCS),
- Security Police Force-SPF Club,
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society(PTK)
The scholarship committee reviews all applications and selects the best candidate for the scholarship.
Northampton Community College offers multiple scholarships to students who are enrolled in the programs. Scholarships are available through Financial Aid, Veterans Affairs, National Guard, and other sources. All applicants must be currently registered with Northampton Community College to be eligible for a scholarship.
Regardless of the academic level or major, students’ financial aid will not be reduced by their receipt of an NCC scholarship as long as they meet satisfactory academic progress requirements as agreed upon by both NCC and their awarding agency (i.e., financial institution or federal government).
Summary of 2022 Northampton Community College Scholarships
The Women’s Scholarship Program was founded by Dr. Mary Jane Shields in 1999 to provide money to low-income women in the community who can’t afford college tuition due to their financial situation. The scholarship program provides over $3,000 per year and is funded by several companies and organizations (including Northampton Community College) with the hopes of bringing academic success to women in need.
Since 1999, the Women’s Scholarship Program has awarded over $1 million to deserving women in need.
The scholarship covers expenses such as tuition, housing, and meal plan. The scholarships are renewable over four years of full-time study at Northampton Community College which is situated in Pennsylvania or New Jersey.
Documents Needed to Study at Northampton Community College Scholarships
The documents needed to apply are:
- A one-page application
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Evidence of your ability to complete coursework and work requirements promptly
- Evidence of financial need, if applicable
Deadline of Application for the 2023 Northampton Community College Scholarships
The deadline for the Northampton Community College Scholarship Application for the 2023 school year is November 1, 2022. If you are interested in applying, apply today and have your application in by this date. A scholarship will not be awarded to an applicant who submits their application after December 31, 2022.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, November 1st at midnight so please ensure that your application is submitted before this time. All completed applications must be submitted electronically to the website.
Fields of Study at Northampton Community College Scholarships for International Students
The available courses are:
- Computers in the Arts
- Dance and Movement
- Design Course
- Circus Arts and Theater
- English as a Second Language
- Environmental Studies Major
- Fashion and Merchandising
- Film Studies
- Graphic Design
- Health Services Administration
- History and Politics of Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean
- History and Politics of North America
- Liberal Arts Major (Varies)
- Marketing Course
- Music Theory for Dancers/Music in Dance
- Music Therapy for Dancers/Music in Dance
- Nail Technology Program (a two-year program) o o o o #1st year is a traditional college curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on skills. The 2nd year is a practical science curriculum with a focus on nail technology as a career option.
- Human Services Major
- Cultural Foundations and Intercultural Communication
- Media Studies Major
- Music Education Major (includes Instrumental)
- Office Administration with Coaching Certification Program:
- Administrative Support/Office Manager Certification Program:
Administrative Support/Office Supervisor or Financial Aid Advisor or Personnel Clerk or Project Coordinator for Graduate Admissions Department.
How to Apply for Northampton Community College Scholarships
Here are steps to apply:
1. Provide your statement
2. Required documents:
a) current passport
b) transcript of grades
c) two letters of recommendation (preferably from Northampton High School teachers),
d) admission application fee ($36).
3. Apply online by filling out an online form and paying the required fees using a credit card or debit card. Once this information is submitted, you can print out and submit the forms with each required document to the Admissions Office upon arrival at Northampton Community College for registration or enrollment in classes. You’ll need to bring a copy of your passport as well as another international student ID when you register for classes. See details below regarding the ID that you’ll need to provide.
4. Submit your application as early as possible, as it takes up to two weeks to process an application, and applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Keep the following in mind:
a) All international applicants must submit a certified copy of their academic transcript with their applications. This must be issued by their school and must be in the original language of instruction or English if a translated version is provided by the school issuing the official transcript.
Benefits of The Northampton Community College Scholarships
The benefits of studying here are:
- Study for free
- Start your career without accruing any debt
- Get a great education to get you started on your social, physical, and financial future
- It’s conveniently located in Massachusetts so that you can commute from Boston or New York City if you want to
- A diverse student body from all over the world so that it is likely someone like you!
- College life is IN. It’s time for an upgrade. Stay awhile.
Northampton Community College is a public institution that provides education to international students and offers scholarships for international students. Some scholarships available through Northampton Community College include:
-The International Scholarship, is awarded to an individual from outside the USA with at least three years worth of college credits, who has graduated from an accredited high school and is pursuing undergraduate study in the US. The scholarship award covers all tuition fees, as well as housing and meals on campus for one academic year (fall/spring/summer).
-The International Student Scholarship, is awarded to an individual who is a graduate of English High School (the U.S. or Canada) who has completed at least one year of college credits in English and at least one year of college credit in math and is a US citizen or permanent resident. The scholarship award covers all tuition and fees as well as school supplies and meals on campus for one academic year.
-The Northampton International Student Award, which is awarded to individuals from outside the USA with at least three years worth of college credits who have graduated from an accredited high school, are citizens, or permanent residents of the US, holding the U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can international students get scholarship in community college?
When trying to get funding for community college, you will first want to turn to scholarships. There are a number of organizations that have scholarships available for international students, it’s just a matter of taking the time to find them!
Does Northampton Community College offer scholarships?
NCC has one of the largest scholarship programs in Pennsylvania. Each year, Northampton Community College is proud to award over 600 scholarships to our students. We offer funding based on a wide range of qualifying factors such as academic achievement, financial need, program of study and more.