Are you a Nurse? Do you think you have what it takes to travel and work abroad? Then this opportunity is for you. It’s common knowledge that Nurses have promising career especially in the Global space with the Chance to learn and improve as you work.
Sweden Universities offer nursing programs for different degrees such as undergraduate, graduate and PhD program. There are also free study opportunities for Swedish and Non Swedish Citizens where they don’t get to pay tuition fees nor worry about language as most can speak English language.
To get a Nursing Program in Sweden, you first need to search for a University that suits your plan. Nursing Undergraduate Programs in Sweden is three years which consists of a foundation of nursing, research studies, degree projects and other courses.
As a medical University, it is one of the World’s leading University with the goal of providing knowledge about life and a better health for all. It’s a Research University that has collaborated with healthcare services, providing good healthcare, clinical research and health education to improve people’s health. The university offers a Doctoral Education which is the highest degree in Sweden for a period of four years.
University Of Gothenburg
University of Gothenburg, Scandinavia with a population of more than One million people. Offering a wide range of Undergraduate and Graduate programmes like nursing, diagnostics, radiology, midwifery and special nursing. Most of all these programmes are taught in Swedish. With people moving to study, work and live in Gothenburg, applicants are advised to look for accommodation as soon as possible.
A complete Course Guide taught in English is a course with a BSc in Nursing. This course offers a competence in health sciences which results in licensing. A three- year programme that accommodates international students who choose to pursue a lucrative career in Nursing.
Ranking in the top 30 young Universities in the Nursing Universities is known for its Research and Degree type, the University is open to students who want to pursue a degree full-time, part-time and even distant learning. Offering 26 Masters degree Program as well as a Bachelors degree, students are allowed to apply before October 16.
Located in Karistad, Sweden, the public University has partnered with over 200 institutes across the Globe such as USA, Australia, Japan, China, South Africa, France, Germany and India. Been one of the youngest Universities in Sweden, it has about 16,000 undergraduate students offering over 230 research Courses in over 80 programs. The University offers both full-time and Part-time distance education to applicants. They also offer a Specialist nursing programme which comprises of both specific and medical health care, giving them basic knowledge in the plans, and processes in order to evaluate their progress. There are English courses for international Students which are offered every second year. Some are;
- Advanced Course in Immune Infection and Tumor Biology.
- Digital Health
- Public Health
- Global Health
- Introduction to Brain Imaging in Neuroscience
- Medical Technology in Digital Health
- Implementing strategies for Quality
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Health care Organization and management
Applicants who have completed Upper Secondary Education
Applicants from EU/EEA countries
Applicants with TOEFL or IELTS scores
Course Curriculum Of BSc Nursing in Sweden
A degree in Nursing included ECTS credits of 180. 105 credits for nursing studies, 10 credits for behavioral and medical Sciences, project of 15 credits and medical sciences of 57.6 credits. The first year consist of a Foundation on Nursing practices and basic clinical studies, second year comprises of nursing research studies and emergency nursing practices, the third and final year is a course on prolonged illnesses and multiple morbidity, clinical studies, competence and leadership projects.
Requirements Needed To Study Nursing For International students
- To study Nursing, it all depends on the degree of choice.
- International students ought to be prepared with their academic and language Proficiency tests results. Undergraduates must have completed high school with at least a 70% mark and a mathematics course equivalent to Sweden level of math.
- Applicants should also have a test score of 5.5 for the IELTS and 90 for the TOEFL.
- Transcripts of record
- Copy of Passport
- Letter of Recommendation
- Mark sheets for Upper secondary school
- Letter of Motivation
- Health Insurance
- Learning Agreement
Ways to Study Nursing In Sweden
To be a Nurse,
- You have to complete a Bachelors degree in Nursing and obtain a license to practice.
- If you already have a Bachelors degree, you can either decide to apply for a license to practice at the NBHW (National Board of Health and Welfare), get additional training from accredited nursing institutions or obtain a Swedish Bachelors degree in Nursing.
About Nursing Schools in Sweden
Students’ performances are very important in considering the kind of Nursing Schools to apply for, noting the location, cost of tuition, financial capacity and other factors that works best for you.
Preparation For application
In preparation for nursing application, applicants need to have the following documents;
- Get your student Visa
- Have online access
How to get a student Visa
To get a student Visa to study in Sweden, the following documents are needed;
- One copy of passport
- Proof of online payment
- Admission letter
Cost of Studying Nursing in Sweden
The cost begins from the angle of Pre-arrival expenses, Tuition fees and Cost of living which is in the following breakdown;
Application fee – $94
Visa Application fee – $102
Flight Charge -$217
Registration – $33
Feeding – $212
Phone and Internet – $32
Local Transportation – $58
Miscellaneous – $154
As a nurse in Sweden, you are entitled to some work benefits that enhances your career. They are;
- The Swedish government permits International students to extend their residence permit for 6 months after completing the course of study.
- Nurses have better hands-on experience because of the investments of Educational system.
- There are job opportunities provided by the huge investment in the Health sector.
- Enjoy Salary increase after a few years of service.
- Substantial salary after acquiring a degree.
- Enjoy its rich culture while learning.
- Exposure to the job as you work
- Access to Medical research in areas like cancer and hematology, cell, molecular and structure biology as well as respiration, developmental biology and reproduction amongst others.
- Student support like doctoral students’ ombudsperson, a career service and visiting researcher’s service.
Important steps to Studying In Sweden;
To gain full access to study in Sweden, follow the steps below;
- Do research and know what it takes
- Learn about Nursing Schools in Sweden
- Fulfill all the requirements
- Be financially prepared to study
- Submit your Application
- Get your student Visa and apply
How to apply
To apply for BSc Nursing in Sweden, Masters or PhD, check the website universityadmissins.se for the rounds of application. Spring session begins in January while autumn begins around August/ September semesters.
You can apply for Nursing in Sweden with a Upper secondary School result and the following requirements, Tuition per year is about 11,110 USD and 13,600 USD. Nurses end up with an entry-level salary of about 55,000 USD.