OIST Internship in Japan 2023
OIST Internship in Japan 2023- The OIST Internship in Japan is currently accepting applications from interested students, This is a special opportunity for students to continue research in the world’s most improved laboratories. Tagged as the best among other internships in the whole of Asia, this program gives the students the opportunities to acquire technical skills and to contribute in various research activities, this is to take place at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST). The OIST research internship also builds in confidence while advancing specific techniques in the internees by giving them the chance to carry on research works under the special supervision of the world’s top-rated supervisors. The fully-funded internship available in Japan is a stepping stone towards a much brighter future for all interns who take part in the internship program.
- Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships 2023
- OIST Internship in Japan 2023
- Man Who Worked As A Cleaner Becomes A Medical Doctor
- METI Government Of Japan Internship Program 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Top 8 Best Schools in Tennessee
OIST internship is therefore inviting both national and international students who are currently undergoing their research works in any of the available fields or their projects to apply at one of the top world’s faculties of the OIST program. Furthermore, the OIST program which has faculties in the list of world’s top faculties is to be assigning the suitable research work to each intern. The research areas may be related to following projects topics; Non-linear Equilibrium, Integrative Community, Energy Unit,Quantum Systems, Physics Unit, Evolutionary Genomics, Computational Neuroscience,Fluid Mechanics, Biological Systems, among others. Each unit is to be assigned a separate supervisor. The list of the projects plus their supervisor’s list is available at the application site. To undergo internship at OIST, there is no need to message the supervisors in your respective areas as contacting them adds no advantage to your application.
About The Host Institution, OIST
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) is a top institute of Science and Technology. In a podcast (made recently) one of its professors spoke about the vision for AI scientists and the institution’s contribution to the revolution of scientific discoveries. However, OIST does not have departments in its faculties but only units for research works, this quality makes the institution stand-out among others. Most of the faculties available in the university are from Regions outside Japan including Australia, America, Europe and New Zealand. Besides every OIST faculty provides five ( 5) year PhD program. It is also good to note that in order for applicants to continue pursuing their PhD degree program at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) each fresh or new graduates is expected to be an intern in the “OIST internship program” for about two (2) to six (6) months. That is why this international internship scheme is organized basically for undergraduates as well as for fresh graduates.
OIST is fully ready to create equal opportunity and accurate environment for students, That is to say, the OSIT program in Japan does not in any way discriminate its interns based on their gender, age,mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, culture, medical condition, national origin, religion, or marital status.
However, applications from female students or other under-represented people in the society are strongly encouraged. Moreover, the undergraduate students who are still in their concluding years and are not yet graduates can also apply by representing their fields and grades. So, kindly keep in mind all the processes, all benefits interns would gain from the OIST research internship to be read in Japan, all these will be highlighted below. One must not miss this special opportunity to apply.
OIST Internship in Japan 2023:
Host Country: Japan
Host Institution: OIST Graduate School
Internship Duration: 2-6 months
Internship Dates: To Hold Between April 1st 2023 to September 30th 2023
OIST Internship Research Areas:
Below are all research areas that interns can apply into for the OIST Internship program. OIST does not have departments in its faculties but only units for research works, this quality makes the institution stand-out among others. Most of the faculties available in OIST are from Regions outside Japan including Australia, America, Europe and New Zealand. Besides every OIST faculty provides five ( 5) year PhD program. Make sure that you select an area that interests you, or areas that you have had background on.
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Quantum Systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Igor Goryanin Biological Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- Information Processing Biology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Quantum Gravity
- Light-Matter Interactions for Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Complexity
- Numerical simulations (of both laminar and turbulent complex flows).
- Marine Climate Change
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Cellular Biology
- Nonlinear Analysis Unit
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research Unit
- Cognitive Neurobotics
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence Unit
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
- Neurobiology Research
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- G0 Cell Unit
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Bioinspired Soft Matter
- Integrative Community Ecology Unit
Benefits Interns Stands To Gain From This Internship Program
Below are the benefits interns at the OIST are expected to gain from this internship scheme in Japan;
- The intern will be provided with a daily allowance which is worth 2400 JPY, the allowance for weekends will not be included and the allowance will be taxable.
- The interns will be getting an OIST shuttle bus pass, free of charge.
- Interns will also be provided with a fully-paid round trip air ticket at the OIST Internship program.
- The interns will also be getting a fully furnished apartments which will be located either on or off the campus at the OIST program.
- OIST will also be helping students in the process of visa acquisitions, they will also see for insurance procedures, plus other local registration.
Eligibility Criteria For Application into the OIST Internship in Japan
Here are all every applicant must certify before he or she is fit for this internship program;
- The applicants who are in their final two (2) years of either undergraduate or master’s degree program studying in Japan or other countries can apply.
- The students who just graduate from High schools are fit to apply.
- The students who are recently recruited must have to obtain an approval for the OIST internship the approval should come from their home institution.
- The applicant’s academic background should be sound enough, it is expected to be in accordance with the required internship unit the student is applying for at OIST.
Application Process for this Internship Program
Below is the application process flow for successful application into the OIST internship, make sure to follow the steps as not to skip vital processes.
- In order to reach and successfully secure the application, it is required that you provide at least one recommendation letter, this is to be sent to the OIST board by your referee.
- When you are sure that the letter is submitted, you will get a notification after which you can you can apply successfully by submitting your online application forms.
- The candidates has to be log into the application website. Upon logging, applicants are to create an online profile to be able apply. Interested persons are to visit https://admissions.oist.jp/oist-research-internship-program-description.
- Once the webpage is loaded, applicants are to follow all instruction prompt.
Required Documents For Application Into This Program
Below are the documents each student would be needing to be able to apply into the OIST internship program available in Japan. Ensure that the documents are not false because every uploaded document is subject to verification. Below are the necessary documents;
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet- The CV should be well-written, a standard CV may boost your chances
- Four hundred (400) words Personal Statement ensure to write a very good Personal Statement of yours, you may need to help of your coach)
- Student’s Academic Transcripts (In English translation, if specified)
- A Recommendation Letter
- An ID Photo
The application is still ongoing, students are to welcome this opportunity and apply before it elapses, the last date to apply for the OIST Internship for its Round 2 program is on the 15th of October, 2022 at 23:59 (JST UTC+9)
This is a note-worthy opportunity for you to build your confidence while advancing specific techniques in your fields. This program is giving you the chance to carry on research works under the special supervision of the world’s top-rated supervisors. Good luck as you apply!!