Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships Now ongoing: Oxford-Leo Tong Chen scholarship is set for UK-based students of Chinese origin. It was established by the Chinese community in the UK, to promote education and career prospects for youth in both China and the UK. The fund is managed by the “China-Britain Friendship Association” (CBA) in London.
The scholarship was established in 2005 to encourage students from China and the UK with a China-related subject to pursue higher education. Those who are usually awarded a scholarship are Chinese students of culture, citizenship and politics, and the English language.
British students of Chinese origin are also eligible for the scholarship under their parents’ names. The application process is open to all current UK-based university students of Chinese origin, regardless of their field of expertise or academic background.
The scholarship is available to students who are citizens of Taiwan, as well as undergraduate and graduate students of any nationality from developing countries.
It is open to anyone who has a sound academic record and the potential for future leadership in his or her field. Applicants should be excellent researchers, with a strong interest in working in a specific geographic region, such as China or Southeast Asia. And they must also have a significant amount of international exposure through personal experience and study abroad experience.
The Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships are now ongoing. The scholarships aim to help students who have overcome hardship to pursue their education. This year, two awards are being given; the first award is appropriate for graduates with at least one parent or grandparent living in Ontario and the second award is intended for post-secondary fellows with parents or grandparents who were citizens of Hong Kong, Canada, China, or Taiwan.
Summary of Details of Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships
This scholarship is awarded annually to students of Chinese descent who are applying for a master’s or doctoral degree at an accredited U.S. college or university in any field of study. The scholarship is worth $5,000 for the academic year and will be paid out in two installments. The first installment of the scholarship will be paid after the recipient receives the confirmation letter from their academic institution verifying acceptance.
Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students from the U.S., India, and other countries that don’t have diplomatic relations with Taiwan to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degrees in Taiwan at universities that are public or private or research institutions that are not under the supervision of any governmental agency,
The scholarship covers tuition and fees, and separate room and board. The scholarship awarded is non-renewable.
Host Country: U.K
Hosted by: University Of Oxford
Type of Award: Scholarship
Program Duration: 2 years
Course level Available: Undergraduate, Masters
Field of Study: Any field of study
Amount Awarded: $5,000 per academic year for two years. The first installment will be paid after the recipient receives the confirmation letter from their academic institution verifying acceptance. After the first two years of receiving support, a student who maintains a 3.
The application deadline is March 31st, 2023.
Documents Needed to Apply for Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships
The documents needed to apply are:
- Two Passport size photos
- One recent photograph or photocopy of your national identity card or passport.
- Four copies of each of the following documents:
- A completed application form for education in the United Kingdom
- A completed application form for other purposes, including employment in the UK.
- An official on-the-spot police clearance certificate (issued within three weeks).
- A medical examination report with no mention that you have a disability, although it would be helpful if you provide a letter from your general practitioner indicating that they believe that you are fit and healthy as well as an up-to-date immunization record.
- Proof of your nationality: a copy of your passport, birth certificate, or other documents which show that you are a national of an eligible country.
- Evidence of financial support: a bank statement showing your account number in the UK and evidence of continuous residence in an eligible country for at least three years.
- Evidence that you have done full-time National Service in an approved location.
- A letter from the applicant’s sponsor and/or a letter from the Department of Defense (if applicable).
Eligibility Criteria for Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- Applicants are any current or former University of Oxford student in the United Kingdom, who is at least 18 years old and has been in the UK for at least three years.
- For applicants who have graduated with an undergraduate degree, a letter from their university verifying that they were awarded the first class or 2:1 degree is required.
- For applicants who have left the university before graduating, there must be evidence that they had obtained a distinction average when they were studying for full-time degrees. If you’re not eligible to apply for this scholarship based on academic performance, please contact us so we can find out what other criteria we may need to set up additional scholarships around Oxford students with non-academic experience.
- Applicants who have won or been nominated for the following awards are not eligible: Most Promising Young Player Award, Oxford University Men’s Rugby Club Player of the Year, Oxford University Women’s Rugby Club Try of the Year, Oxford University Team Performance of the Season.
How to Apply for Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships
The steps to applying are:
- Register for a username and password
- Choose the amount you want to apply for
- Create an application form and send your application in. Can be done on the website or by email.
- A non-refundable fee of $20.00 must be paid before you can apply.
Benefits of Applying for Oxford-Leo Tong Chen Scholarships
- The scholarship is a way to ease the financial burden for international students, by covering most tuition and living costs in England for up to 3 years
- It allows you to repay your student loan out of pocket at £9,000 per year
- It also offers a £1,000 per month living allowance
- This scholarship would prepare you for an English university degree with or without preparation in your country.
This includes any language that is spoken or taught at Oxford University’s colleges. For example Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, and Mandarin. You will also be able to apply after graduating from the University of Oxford or one of its colleges.
The oxford-Leo tong Chen scholarships are expensive to apply for but if you qualify, they will be a huge help for your college tuition. we hope we have provided some helpful information about the program itself. we applaud the work you have been doing for years to support the education of young scholars.
The scholarship is intended to help students maintain a strong commitment to their countries of origin as they continue their studies at Oxford. The scholarship does not cover the cost of travel to/from Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
“These scholarships are available for all levels of study (except for a Doctoral degree). Applicants from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Chinese communities abroad are eligible.”
Students must be able to demonstrate the following minimum English language entry requirements: IELTS 6.
Frequently Asked Questions
No additional application is required. We will use the details you supply in your MBA application form to determine eligibility.
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand