Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships
The performance and elite Scholarship hosted by Cardiff Metropolitan University is now accepting applications from international students to study for free in the UK.
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students that excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching). The award is based upon a combination of academic merit and sporting achievements and can be applied for by students who meet the criteria set out.
The Elite sport Scholarship is a partially funded Scholarship by Cardiff Metropolitan University and has Undergraduate to Master’s degree. There’s a £5,000 discounts on tuition fees of all programs.
The award of scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and students will be required to demonstrate their continuing commitment to Cardiff Met performance sport and their personal sporting development in order to continue to benefit from the scheme for the duration of their studies.
About The Host School
Cardiff Metropolitan University (Welsh: Prifysgol Metropolitan Caerdydd), previously University of Wales Institute, Cardiff (UWIC), Prifysgol Athrofâu Cymru, Caerdydd (PACC) is a university situated in the city of Cardiff.
The university offers degree courses in different disciplines. Study is accessible at undergrad and postgraduate levels, full-time and parttime, and research potential open doors are advertised. In the 2021/22 scholastic year, the University has 11,500 students from north of 140 nations concentrating on two grounds in Cardiff, and more than 10,000 at 17 accomplice institutions in 15 nations all over the planet
In November 2021, Cardiff Met was granted the title of UK and Ireland University of the Year 2021  by the Times Higher Education.
In September 2020 Cardiff Met was named the Times and Sunday Times Welsh University of the Year.
Cardiff Met was considered to be the most monetarily maintainable university in Wales by the Wales Governance Center in 2020
Cardiff Metropolitan kept on contradicting a consolidation with its neighbors, refering to the absence of a business case, worries that the new institution (which would be the biggest grounds university in Britain) would essentially be too enormous to oversee properly. in light of their endeavors, Leighton Andrews (a solid ally of the consolidations based on any conditions) took steps to effectively disintegrate Cardiff Metropolitan and hand its resources over to the University framed by Glamorgan and Newport’s merger. As of October 2012, additional time had been conceded to think about a three-way consolidation, yet Cardiff Metropolitan actually requested more proof prior to resolving to facilitate talks. Cardiff Metropolitan has portrayed the current plans as significant expense and high gamble, and have taken steps to allude the make a difference to spending guard dogs, including the Auditor General. However, Cardiff Metropolitan focused on that it held an ‘receptive outlook’ regarding the matter of a consolidation, and has precluded moving to the private sector.
On 6 November 2012, the danger of disintegration was eliminated when the Education Minister said something to the Senedd that he had taken the choice to drop the past discussion on the proposed disintegrations as a result of a solicitation from the seats of the University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport.
Starting around 2016 the university is positioned as the top ‘new’ university in Wales by the significant university guides – The Guardian University Guide 2013, the Complete University Guide 2013 distributed in The Independent and the Times Good University Guide 2013.
Cardiff Metropolitan University has been autonomously acclaimed for its scholastic principles, with an old Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education Institutional Report (2008) expressing that ‘certainty can be set in the sufficiency of the institution’s current and reasonable future administration of the nature of its projects and of the scholarly guidelines of the related honors.’
In 2021, The University won the Times Higher Education University of the Year grant. Cardiff Metropolitan University has student convenience accessible near its grounds in Cyncoed and at Plas Gwyn. The university additionally has concurrences with private homes, for example, Tŷ Pont Haearn in the downtown area, which has 179 beds saved for students and Victoria Hall which is situated close to the Llandaff Campus and has 198 beds held for students.
The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships Description
Gender: Female and Make
School To Study: Cardiff Metropolitan University
Country To Study: United Kingdom
Degrees Available: Undergraduate To Master’s
Scholarship Worth: Partially Funded
Deadline: July 31st, 2022
Benefits Of The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships
- Up to £5,000 discount from their programme tuition fees.
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage.
- Access to excellent facilities.
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff.
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics.
- Active yoga and recovery sessions.
- Performance workshops.
Eligibility And Requirements Of The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships
In order for you to be eligible for this scholarship, all aspiring athletes MUST:
- be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course).
- be competing in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives.
- be competing at international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional).
- be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport.
- Students will be expected to compete for Cardiff Met in the BUCS competition as a requirement of the scholarship.
- Students will be expected to represent Cardiff Met at open events and participate in promotion and marketing activities for the School of Sports and Health Science. Failure to do so could result in loss of scholarship.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at Cardiff Metropolitan University and in possession of your Student ID Card in order for the catering or general campus allowance to be processed.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to successful progression onto the next year of study.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to progression of your level of sporting progress, which will be determined by the Performance Sport Panel.
- There will normally be no fourth year of the award, however consideration will be given for applicants who undertake a 4 year program (including Foundation), as well as those studying part time and/or postgraduate program.
- The award will not be provided to anyone having to re-sit a whole year, unless you have full mitigating circumstances for all re-sit credits. Further information on mitigating circumstances can be found in the Academic Handbook.
- You will have to re-apply each year (form for completion will be supplied by the Head of Performance Sport).
- This award is not available to those studying at franchise colleges. Please contact the college to discuss bursary and scholarship availability.
- You may not be in receipt of both the Elite Sport Scholar award and the Postgraduate Scholarship concurrently.
- The award package will be tailored to support students in achieving their potential within their chosen sport.
- The scholarship will be awarded by a panel, which will include the Head of Performance Sport, Students Union Sports Manager, and an academic member of staff.
How To Apply To The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships
All aspiring Athletes are to visit the official website of the institution and follow the steps by step instructions to apply for this scholarship.
- MBBS Scholarships for International Students
- MBA Scholarships For International Students
- The King Abdulaziz Fully Funded Scholarship