As the 2021 JAMB UTME commences, we have compiled the possible JAMB questions that will be set for the 2021 examination. This is to enable candidates who will sit for the exam to prepare through constant practice. Read on to see all of the possible JAMB questions and their respective answers below.
In this article, we will be focusing on the possible questions for JAMB 2021 in all subjects and their respective answers. As stated above, the purpose is to assist candidates to prepare and become familiar with the exam questions.
The 2021 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) commenced on the 19th of June 2021 and is to run till the 3rd of July 2021. See the possible JAMB questions today.
All Possible JAMB Questions for 2021
– Use of English Questions
In each of questions 1 to 15, fill each gap with the most appropriate option from the list provided.
- ‘I can’t stand people prying into my private life’, Ladi said. ‘…,’ (A. Me neither B. Me too C. I also D. Likewise myself) agreed Agbenu.
- The sergeant spoke to me in a … (A. coerce B. coarse C. course D. causal) manner.
- The reason why he was not offered admission was …(A. because B. that C. when D. owning to) his results could not be found.
- Adika… (A. receive B. receives C. has received D. had received) a message from the club regularly.
- Three quarters of the people in the village … killed but only half of their huts … ( A.
were/was B. were/were C. was/was) affected.
- If you saw the photograph of the man, … (A. can B. will C. would D. could) you be able to identify him?
- It is bad to take… (A. someone else’s B. someone’s else C. someone’s else’s D. someone elses’) property without permission.
- As Obande does not know anyone in this city, he hopes that some kind… (A. men B.
individuals C. man D. inhabitants) will put him up for the night.
- Be careful not to… (A lose B. loose C. loss D. lost) this money.
- How is the new editor… (A. pushing B. going C. getting D. moving) on with his work?
– Mathematics Questions
- Musa borrows #10.00 at 2% per month interest and repays #8.00 after 4 months. However much does he still owe?
- If 3 gallons of spirit containing 20% water are added to 5gallons of another spirit containing 15% water, what percentage of the mixture is water?
- What is the product of 27/5 – (3)3 and (1/5)?
- Simplify 2log2/5 – log72/125 + log9
A. 1 – 4log 3
B. –1 + 2log3
C. –1 +5log2
- A car travels from Calabar to Enugu, a distant of pkm with an average speed of ukm per hour and continues to Benin, a distance of qkm, with an average speed of wkm per hour. Find its average speed from Calabar to Benin.
- If w varies inversely as uv/u + v and is equal to 8 when u = 2 and v = 6, find a relationship between u, v, w.
A. upw = 16(u + t)
B. 16ur = 3w(u + t)
C. upw = 12(u + t)
D. 12upw = u + r
- If g(x = x2 + 3x ) find g(x + 1) – g(x)
A. (x + 2)
B. 2(x + 2)
C. (2x + 1)
D. (x + 4)
- Factorize m3 – m2 – m + 2
A. (m2 + 1)(m – 2)
B. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m + 2)
C. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m – 2)
D. (m2 + 2)(m – 1)
- The angles of a quadrilateral are 5x – 30, 4x + 60, 60 – x and 3x + 61. find the smallest of these angles.
A. 5x – 30
B. 4x + 60
C. 60 – x
D. 3x + 61
– Literature in English
- One of the main aim of a did active literary work is to
[a] laugh at the society
[b] make people laugh
[c] show man’s weakness
[d] teach a moral lesson
- A poem which portrays a simple rural life of the common people is called
[a] a carol
[b] a lyric
[c] an epic
[d] an ode
[e] a pastoral
- The expression ‘He is a living dead’ is an example of
- The counsel for the accused addressed the bench. The underlined is an example of
[a] a seat
- A sonnet may be divided into an octave and a/an
[a] a couplet
- In drama, the clown
[a] creates confusion
[b] creates hatred
[c] creates humour
[d] generates horror
[e] identifies with the hero
- Pick out the odd item
- A protagonist who has a disastrous end is a
[a] comic character
[b] flat character
[c] round character
[e] tragic hero
- Romantic poetry deals with
- The anxiety of the reader to know of the subsequent developments in a novel is known as
– Possible Commerce Questions for JAMB 2021
- Securities on which the buyers are not issued with certificates are called
A. authorized securities
B. inscribed securities
C. bearer securities
D. registered securities
- In product pricing, which of these elements needs more consideration than others?
A. the demand for the product
B. the demography of the buyers of the product
C. the Commerce conditions in the market
D. the cost of producing the product.
- The principal objectives of the Central Bank of Nigeria can be classified broadly into
A. banker’s bank, lender of last resort and issuance of currency
B service, currency management and financial intermediation
C. banking services, foreign exchange operations and open market operations
D. service monetary policy and developmental functions.
- The letters E and OE stands for
A. errors of exception
B. errors and omissions excepted
C. estimated and order error
D. end of error
- An important issue for consideration in the product element of the marketing mix is the
A. adequate promotion of the product
B. channel of distribution of the product
C. price of the product
D. planning and development of the product
- A group of companies is a collection of
A. subsidiaries and their holding company
C. associates and their holding company
- Which of the following is an example of trade associations?
A. European Union
B. National Marketing Unity
C. Organization of African Unity
D. National Farmer’s Council
- Which of the following determines the quality of the goods that a retailer sells?
A. The mode of contract of sales
B. the type of manufacturer
C. the regulations regarding sales in the area
D. the location of his shop
– Economics Questions
- IBRD as an international monetary institution is concerned with the
A. balance of payments problems of member nations
B. financing of private business in member nations
C. development of infrastructure in member nations
D. improvement of trade among member nation
- An advantage of the sole proprietorship over the partnership form of business organization is that
A. it enjoys limited liability for debt in the event of failure
B. Its existence is limited bty an individual’s life span
C. It relies on the decision of friends to succeed
D. The possibility of conflict is management in virtually non-existent
- The distinction between capital and recurrent expenditure lies in the
A. amount of expenditure involved
B. source of the revenue generated
C. nature of the goods and services to be provided
D. time frame of the expenditure
- Under a floating exchange rate regime, the determinant of the exchange rate is
A. the system of government
B. demand for and supply of foreign goods
C. the highest denomination of the currency an act of the national assembly
- To compare the standard of living among nations, the most widely used economic indicator is the
A. per capital nominal income
B. real domestic output
C. real gross national income
D. real per capital income
- Statutory organizations usually established by Acts of parliament are called
A. public enterprises
B. public corporations
C. cooperative societies
D. joint-stock companies
- A greater burden of the taxes on essential goods is borne by the
A. higher income group
B. newly recruitment workers
C. lower income group
D. contract workers
- Privatization and commercialization of public enterprises in Nigeria is necessitated by
A. the IMF conditions
B. the IBRD conditions
C. the government’s loss of interest in them
D. their operational inefficiency
– Possible Government Questions for JAMB 2021
- In a confederation, the constituency that a member of legislature represents is a
A. senatorial district
B. parliamentary constituency
- In a constitutional monarchy, the authority to remove the head of state is exercised by the
B. head of government
D. prime minister
- In a parliamentary system of government, a vote of no confidence leads to the resignation of
A. the entire cabinet
B. an individual minister
C. the entire parliament
D. the prime minister
- In a presidential system of government, the president checks the legislature through
A. executive order
B. executive review
C. exercise of power
D. legislative order
- The economic basis of feudalism is
– Chemistry Questions
- A mixture of iodine and sulphur crystals can be separated by treatment with
A. water of filter off sulphur
B. carbon (1V) sulphide to filter off iodine
C. ethanoic acid to filter off sulphur
D. methanol to filter off iodine
- Sieving is a technique used to separate mixtures containing solid particles of
A. small sizes
B. large sizes
C. different sizes
D. the same size
- Which of the compounds is composed of Al, Si, O and H?
A. Epson salt
- 50cm3 of carbon (11) oxide was exploded with 150cm3 of air containing 20% oxygen by volume, which of the reactants was in excess?
A. Carbon (11) oxide
B. Carbon (1V) oxide
- How many moles of HCl will be required to react with potassium heptaoxodichromate (V1) to produce 3 moles of chlorine?
- The ratio of the initial to the final pressure of a given mass of gas is 1:1:5. Calculate the final volume of the gas if the initial volume was 300cm3 at the same temperature.
A. 120 cm3
B. 200 cm3
C. 450 cm3
D. 750 cm3
- The partial pressure of oxygen in a sample of air is 452mm Hg and the total pressure is 780mmHg. What is the mole fraction of oxygen?