Pusan National University Scholarships: Pusan National University Scholarships is one of the best universities in Korea and it has a great reputation. It is also one of the most prestigious universities in Asia and offers scholarships for international students. PNU’s scholarships allow you to support your dreams by helping you start your career with a little financial assistance from Pusan National University.
The school has 193 local and international students from 18 countries and offers courses in English both for foreign university admissions and for public admission to the university.
International student life at Pusan National University
What is it like to study in South Korea as a foreign student? Well, that depends. Different countries send students to different universities in South Korea, so the experience is not the same for all internationals. If you want to learn about how life for an international student can be at one of South Korea’s top universities, read on!
International students are typically housed in university dormitories with other international students. International students have limited access to food stores and often socialize only with fellow foreigners. They are also required to live on campus and join the university’s academic community before they’re allowed off-campus housing.
Accommodation in Pusan National University
The accommodation at Pusan National University is provided for single-sex rooms. It’s not an international student dormitory but a “private room”.
Already, there are over 290 beds in the girls’ and boys’ corridors (from A to G). The school will do its best to provide enough place for families, international students, and local students who want to choose a different type of accommodation than the on-campus dormitories.
For girls, every corridor has 12 rooms with 10 beds each which means 120 spaces; and every corridor has 2 common bathrooms, 1 kitchenette with 8 seats at most, and 1 TV area with 16 seats at most.
For boys, there are 10 rooms with 10 beds each in every corridor which means 100 spaces; and there are 2 common bathrooms, 1 kitchenette with 8 seats at most, and 1 TV area with 16 seats at most.
The rooms are either single-sex or “shared rooms”. There will be a common bathroom for each corridor. In some cases, the room has a TV which means that everyone can use the TV at any time regardless of gender distinction.
The Pusan National University has a few scholarships; one of them is the PNU Scholars Program, which is available to students with excellent academic records. The scholarship covers tuition, school fees, and a monthly allowance; Entrance Scholarship Programs For International students, and the Entrance Scholarship for the first semester.
- PNU Program Scholars Programs
The PNU scholars program has three different program options:
School-in-exile Program (SIP) – For students who will not be able to study at PNU for financial and/or personal reasons.
Direct Entry Program (DEP) – For students with excellent academic records from a foreign high school, college, or university.
Gifted Student Program (GSP) – For students with exceptional academic records who have won first place in their class at the National Gifted Exam in their respective country of origin.
Applicants to the scholarship program must go through the application process and submit an application form and proof of financial support such as a bankbook.
- PNU Program Information
The program is administered by the Korean Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (MEST). The minimum level of admission required for participation in the program is the 3rd class bachelor’s degree. Applicants should have completed at least two-thirds of the study and pursued a bachelor’s degree.
- Entrance Scholarship Programs For International students
Pusan National University offers scholarships for international students studying at the undergraduate level, graduate level, and those pursuing doctoral programs. The scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation costs, round-trip airfare with insurance, health insurance, and a monthly allowance of 20 million KRW per month during the full-time study period (approx 50 weeks per year).
- Entrance scholarships for the first semester
To be eligible for entrance scholarships, applicants must:
- have a good international school exam grade point average
- participate in their respective national graduation ceremony (or equivalent).
- have completed at least six semesters of high school
- demonstrate financial need and academic merit by submitting a 500-word essay with the following prompt: “why I should receive an entrance scholarship”
- Academic performance scholarship
The tuition fee for this scholarship is 10,000 won a month. You are not required to study Korean to be eligible for this scholarship.
If you can prove your capability of understanding Korean, the scholarship may become higher than the current tuition fee of 10,000 won a month.
Students who study Korean for one year would get an additional scholarship provided by Kyung Hee University with an amount of 5 million won per person.
The University offers a variety of scholarships to international students in areas such as the arts, humanities, social sciences, interdisciplinary studies, science, and engineering including mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering to encourage the internationalization of the campus community.
What is required?
An online application is required for all scholarships available for both new and continuing students in addition to other documents required for admissions such as a GMAT score report or TOEFL score report (required depending on the undergraduate level).
Scholarship applications are also available at each graduate school office where applicants will submit their application documents as well.
Admission Requirements for International Students at Pusan University
The requirements needed for international students who wish to study at Pusan National University are;
- An original passport and a photocopy
- Proof of their previous qualifications (such as proof of high school diploma)
- A certificate of attendance and completion (high schools, colleges)
- An application form to apply
- A letter of acceptance from the university
- The fee to apply.
Pusan National University Scholarship Achievements
Here are some of the reasons why students should apply to Pusan National University;
1. Pusan has 3 campuses with a total of 40,000 students.
2. The university was established in 1948, which makes it the nation’s first and oldest public university.
3. The university has produced over 1,600 graduates who are currently serving as faculty members and research directors at domestic and international universities in Korea, Japan, North America, Europe, China, and other countries around the world.
4. The school’s quality assurance system is designed to provide a quality education that meets international standards such as the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Academic Achievement Test (AAT).
5. They have established the Japan-Korea Exchange Program which allows Japanese students to study science and engineering at a university in Korea.
6. State-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and research facilities are available for you to use at your convenience.
7. The academic calendar is designed to provide maximum flexibility in scheduling classes for students who want to continue their studies here or transfer to other universities after graduation.
8. They offer programs that enable you to master all aspects of modern science and technology, including management, design, engineering, and international business.
9. The university fully supports student exchange programs between Europe, USA and Korea through our office of International Students Affairs where the staff speaks both English and Korean fluently.
How to Apply for Pusan National University Scholarships
Here is the process of application for international students;
- Submit the application form and all required documents
- Confirm enrollment with Pusan University (1 week)
- Pay tuition and deposit money (3 weeks)
- Get an acceptance letter from Pusan University
- Visa issuance at the Korean embassy in the home country.
- Arrival in Korea (2 weeks after visa issuance)
Benefits of Studying at Pusan National University
Here are the benefits of studying at Pusan National University:
- An affordable tuition rate of 4,000 won for international students.
- Accommodation and food are provided in the university dorms.
- A well-equipped library, with 24 hours’ availability to access electronic books and articles
- English as an official language – students who wish to further their studies after graduation will be able to read relevant literature in English.
- A training program that supports future entrepreneurs through student clubs, internships, and a mentor program at the university
- A variety of student clubs and social gatherings, including a foreign exchange program
- The university will provide support for student projects
- The University has an international office that matches international students with the appropriate department within the school to facilitate a smooth transition
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. (100% English courses) -Homepage: http://dgs.pusan.ac.kr/ The Department of Global Studies (DGS) offers a challenging, interdisciplinary curriculum taught entirely in English and almost exclusively by native speakers.
The GNU ( Seoul National University, South Korea), Global Scholarships Program 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship 2023 Program and, is open to international students from all over the world. International Admissions are open for Fully Funded Scholarships to pursue their Masters, Ph. D., and MS Leading to Ph.
Overall undergraduate GPA from all the universities the applicant enrolled, must be 85 or higher out of 100. The applicant must have official English scores from accredited English tests such as TEPS, TOEIC or TOEFL.