Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships Ireland Currently Ongoing: The University College Cork was founded in 1845 and is ranked among the top universities in Ireland and the top 1% worldwide. It is home to 15,000 students from more than 100 countries where they can choose between a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in arts, commerce, engineering, science, and music. The University College of Cork is well known for its strong record in research, innovation, and teaching.
We are proud of our international character and welcome students from all backgrounds. Our campuses are modern, attractive places to live with a lot of green space and blue water on every side.
Cork is a friendly city with a vibrant social scene and strong cultural offer. Top-class sporting facilities are also on offer.
We are one of the few universities in Ireland to have an engineering department that is ranked among the very best in the world. In 2012, it was ranked equal to 5th best for engineering in Europe by Quacquarelli Symonds, together with ETH Zürich and M.I.T., and the only university outside of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to be included in the top 30 European rankings for Engineering.
The scholarship will be open to all students under the age of 24 with a strong aptitude for and/or interest in entrepreneurship. The fund will support one student per year, who will receive €6,000 to help them pursue their study at the third level for three years. Quercus is partnering with Donegal Training Enterprises Trust (DTT) and CITB Northern Regional College to provide this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is February 2023
The postgraduate scholarships are available to all students, who are between 18 and 30 years of age and are studying at Level 8 or who have recently completed their studies at Level 8 with good results.
The scholarship is for two years.
This scholarship will allow postgraduate students to pursue their studies in Ireland in the following subject areas: Agriculture, Food and Horticulture; Business & Entrepreneurship; Education; Environmental Science and Sustainability or Natural Resources Management. The value of each scholarship is €2,000 per year, payable over two years.
If you are a recent high school graduate and looking for a university, you might want to consider University College Cork. We’re a welcoming college that offers students excellent facilities, diverse course options, and opportunities for success.
Summary of Details of Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships, Ireland
The Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships is a program that aims to help those who have been academically successful and have demonstrated the ability to succeed in higher education but who need financial assistance. Scholarships are awarded based on criteria like grade point average, class rank, and ACT/SAT scores. Recipients must demonstrate college readiness by submitting SAT or ACT scores and college entrance exams such as AP tests, CLEP exams, etc.
Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarship is worth $1,000 for students attending a 4-year institution for their first undergraduate degree.
Host Country: Ireland
Host University: University College Cork
Program Degree: Bachelor and Masters
Funded by: Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships, Ireland
The deadline for application is February 2023.
Documents Needed to Apply for Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships Ireland
The documents needed to apply are:
• A completed application form
• Two passport-size photos
Seven-page handwritten personal statement addressing your career objectives and why you would like to study in the country of Ireland.
• Listing of professional references and referees that could be contacted by the Office of Scholarships.
• Transcripts from all academic institutions attended and a certified copy of all awards received unless none have been awarded in which case you must offer proof for each award on request; most recent transcript with original seal or an official translation from a certified translator. The scholarship will not be conditional on your having achieved these qualifications but they are required. All awards are necessary and must be on your letterhead or the signature of the awarding body.
Eligibility Criteria for Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships, Ireland
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
• University diploma or degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum of two years of academic experience, in an appropriate field, before the study.
• Irish nationality (nationality may be retained after study)
• Graduate: Masters and Ph.D. if relevant.
• Minimum three years’ work experience.
• Interest in the subject study.
• Strong interest in rural planning and environmental issues (application form required).
• No more than two concurrent placements (one of which must be in the field of planning and environmental issues).
• Technical skills appropriate to a graduate degree program.
• No more than one year abroad (at third level).
• Maximum of two years in the field of a postgraduate degree.
• Not currently actively engaged in employment.
• No more than two dependent children (in respect of their first year’s studies only)
• No more than one dependent child per partner
How to Apply for the Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships, Ireland
- Here are the steps to applying:
- 1. Fill out the application form
- 2. Write your statement
- 3. Submit your application form with your payment to Merit College Ireland
- 4. After you have submitted, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your completed application form and payment (within three working days)
- 5. After you have submitted it, please allow up to five working days for us to confirm receipt of the completed application form and payment
Benefits to Gain from acquiring the Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarships, Ireland
Here are some of the benefits to gain:
- Scholarships of €1,000
- A chance to be one of the three winners who will get to fly to India with a Bollywood film director
- Access to an exclusive networking event in India and Ireland
- An opportunity for you and your family to visit Ireland
- International experience and exposure through our partner network in India
- The opportunity for you to garner international volunteer experience across Asia, Africa, Europe, and America.
- The opportunity to meet celebrities and well-known people from the worlds of arts, politics, and show business
- A unique insight into India that you would not otherwise get, without having to fly there
- Development of your personality, communication skills, and self-confidence.
- You can make a difference in a developing country that is known for its ancient civilizations and culture.
- To win a scholarship worth €20k to study at Trinity College Dublin for up to 3 years or up to a Masters if you already have one.
The Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarship Ireland is an excellent opportunity for students who wish to go on a higher-level education. The scholarship offers five different types of scholarships with two being free. In the long run, this scholarship is a great investment to help you achieve your academic goals in the future and make your education worth it!
We hope this post has given you some information about what the Quercus Talented Students’ Scholarship Ireland can offer and how it can benefit you in the future! If you think this would be something that interests you, please keep an eye out on our website for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Be either a registered UCC student or apply through CAO for a place on an undergraduate/level 8 program at University College Cork in 2022/23. (Note: applicants also need to make their degree program application separately, e.g. through the CAO or through the International Office for Non-EU applicants)
The Quercus Talented Students’ Programme is a scholarship program that supports and promotes excellence in academia, sport, creative and performing arts, active citizenship & innovation/entrepreneurship.