Scholarships at the University of Adelaide
Scholarships at the University of Adelaide-The University of Adelaide is located on North Terrace in the center of South Australia’s capital city, with an enrolment base of over 36,000 students from more than 130 countries. It is a major center of research and learning in studies covering medicine, law, education, and various other disciplines.
The University of Adelaide ranks 28th in the world and 2nd in Australia among universities younger than 50 years.
The University of Adelaide was ranked 23rd overall in the 2018 QS Top 50 under 50 universities in the world.
The University of Adelaide is ranked 28th globally in the 2018 Times Higher Education Young Universities Rankings.
Why should you study here?
In 2016-17, it was ranked 27th in The Times Higher Education’s (THE) World University Rankings under 50 years old, making it the top-ranked university under 50 years old outside America, as well as being one of only two Australian institutions to make the top 30.
The University of Adelaide is the only Australian member of the prestigious Group of Eight, a coalition of leading Australian universities committed to promoting research and development.
The University of Adelaide was also ranked 7th nationally in the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) report, which assesses research quality across Australian universities.
Tuition and fees
A lot of high tuition fees in universities and colleges make people wonder if it is worth it, but tuition fees for different departments at Curtis University are not as expensive. The university’s total tuition fee may be high, but the amount you have to pay for each field of study is not as steep. Here is a list showing the tuition fee for each department:
- Fine Arts: $1050/semester
- English Literature | $1050/semester
- Music (Private Lessons) | $1700/year
- Dance (Private lessons) | $1700/year
- Theater Arts | $1050/semester
- Music – Composition | $1050/semester
- Latina | $1050/semester
- Greek | $1050/semester
- Political Science ($1050/semester)
- Economics | $950/semester
- Philosophy | $950/semester
- Foreign Languages – Russian, Chinese, Japanese | $950/semester
- Biology ($950/semester)
- Chemistry and Biochemistry ($950/semester)
- Marine Biology and Fisheries Sciences ($950/semester)
- Natural Resources Management and Environmental Sciences | $1000/year
- Psychology and Sociology ($950/semester)
- English Language Learning ($1050/semester)
- Physical Education| $1050/semester
- Public Administration ($980/semester)
- Political Science and Public Administration ($1050/semester)
- Tourism Management | $1550/year
- Criminology and Justice Administration | $1550/year
- Criminology and Sociology of Gender | $1550/year
- Banking and Finance| $1 700/year
- Business Administration | $1700/year
- Finance and Insurance | $1700/year
- Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship | $1700/year
- Marketing | $1680/year
International Students’ Guide
If you’ve ever wanted to study in Australia or US but thought it was too expensive or out of your reach, take a look at this guide.
Adelaide University provides students from all over the world with an undergraduate education standard-bearer recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, experiential learning, and scholarship. She She offers a rigorous curriculum that prepares students for leadership roles in a complex global economy and is ranked among the top 20 universities nationally by Forbes.
The University of Science and Technology has a global campus, with programs in engineering, health sciences, information technology, and business. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in association with ITT Technical Institute and the University of Dayton. It is the first university in Illinois to offer Master’s degrees in Cyber Security Management.
The university has two main campuses, one located in Schaumburg, Illinois at 3520 Schaumburg Shopping Center and the other being Miami-based at 9300 Miami Town Parkway.
AdeLAIDE offers education globally through its overseas study programs for foreign students. The university has partnerships with Brazil, Mexico, Chile, China, Japan, and Australia. In addition, there are study abroad programs for master’s degrees in Brazil and the United Kingdom.
In the 2017-18 academic year, the University of Science and Technology had 437 students enrolled in full-time studies. The enrollment of international students reached an all-time high in 2016-17 with more than 1,700. For the past four years, students from China have made up the highest proportion of international students at the university.
There were 2,477 undergrads at Adelaide from 67 countries and territories throughout the world by 2017. The top five countries of origin for students are China, Brazil, India, Japan, and South Korea.
The University of Science and Technology opened in September 2010 at the former site of the Institute for Career Education. The school had been approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education 17 months before opening as an all-online institution by the State Board of Higher Education in May 2006. In October 2007, it was approved as a degree-granting university by the State Board of Higher Education.
The plan to open Adelaide University was proposed in 2005 by then Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s administration. Separate career and education programs attract prospective online students.
Admission Requirements needed to Study at Adelaide University
The following are the conditions that you must meet before you can study at this institution.
- a citizen of one of the countries within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- unless you have previously completed your studies or none at all for that matter.
- have a very good command of English and French, even though you might be studying another language at this point too.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Scholarships at the University of Adelaide
To qualify for admission into a university program, certain criteria must be met first. These are as follows: One must be a senior high school graduate.
- Have passed the Senior High School Competency Test
- must be considered at least in the top 80% on the senior high school’s National Career Achievement Examination (NCE).
- must not have failed any of their examinations for one term, including summer and winter holidays.
Now that you have successfully finished your studies, you will have to take an entrance examination before you can enroll in this university.
Moreover, there is also a pre-entry exam before enrolling in this university (an exam offered by SSSK). The scores on this exam should be at least 86% to get admitted into the Free Education Programme (FEP). The score of this entrance examination is valid for only one year.
Documents Needed to apply for Scholarships at the University of Adelaide
Here is a list of documents needed to apply to Adelaide University. These documents might help me apply to the university.
- A list of schools you have applied to
- Your high school transcripts (if you have them)
- Your English proficiency test scores
- An essay or personal statement telling us why we should admit you.
- self-reflecting on our application process and how it has shaped who you have become
- Official score reports from all testing centers that record scores for ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.
Methods of Application for Scholarships at the University of Adelaide
After you pass the exam, it is now time for enrolment through any of the following:
-Online Application System
-In person at SSSK (Sta. Lucia) or SSSKC (Sta. Lucia Cyberzone) or SSSKS (San Jose de Mindoro)
There are three kinds of enrolment: freshman, transfer, and readmission.
1. Freshman: A freshman is a student who enrolls in a first-year program. Freshmen are usually enrolled at the start of their first year, but they may be allowed to enter the second or third year of the program.
2. Transfer: A transfer student enrolls into another department/school/unit at SSSK once he/she has accepted his transfer to this university and after one semester of study at least in the same school/department (e.g., transferring from one college to another college, transferring from full-time to part-time status within a college).
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get full scholarship in Australia?
Australia offers many scholarships for international students. The grant of scholarship is basically on merit and the students have to demonstrate their eligibility for the scholarship they are applying for. There are no qualifying exams for scholarships in Australia.
Is University of Adelaide Good for international students?
Adelaide is a great city for international students. It has a bustling, energetic city centre and is renowned for its festivals, cultural life and sporting events.
How much can an international student earn in Adelaide?
How much do part-time jobs in Australia for international students pay? A student on a Student Visa is entitled to earn a minimum wage of $21.38 per hour or $812.60 per week(before tax) for working both on-campus and off-campus during the period of their full-time study.
- Monash University Scholarship For International Students
- Asian Development Bank Internship For International Students
- How to Apply for Work Permit in Canada After Study