Making a list of the best schools in Belgium, as they are several schools that top best. One might find it very hard to say this is best, as many schools in Belgium are highly standardized.
Europe has one of the best systems in the world, and many countries in Europe are highly developed. To study work and life in European countries means so much as its working system is beneficial.
If you are trying to study abroad and are confused about where exactly would be great for your studies, Belgium is a great option. There are many schools and great ones that offer world-class curricula. These programs are exceptionally offered, to the standard of great universities around the world. Countries like Germany, Russia, the United and others, where institutions are highly rated can be compared to that Belgium.
If you have interested to study in Belgium, you certainly have to know the schools in Belgium. Their cost be it private or Public schools before you venture into it. That is why we would be discussing the best schools in Belgium.
Kingdom of Belgium
Belgium is a European nation, in the Northwestern part of Europe. The country shares border with the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and France. The nation is one of the most populated countries in Europe as it has been 6th in European.
The country is home to two groups of people, those that speak Dutch and the others who speaks Flemish. Belgium is a great and beautiful country with it’s capital in Brussels.
It is also known that a country is a place, with welcoming citizens. Also, the country is known for its Medieval and Gothic Sculptures. Because of its ancient period records, the heterogeneous country has so great things or side attractions, there are several places to visit, places as The Reuben s house, Attomium, the Belfry of Bruges, Namur citadel and many attractive places.
Belgium is a citadel of learning, many of its tertiary institutes are ranked top in the world. And at least six schools have been ranked among the best schools in the world, examples are the University of Antwerp, Ghent University, UCLouvain and many others. Belgium is a nation whose affairs are by a separate entity, three communities.
The German Speaking Communities, Flemish and French. These communities see the affairs of Education in their communities, with little difference. the major stages of Education in Belgium include; Fundamental Education (Pre School and Primary School), Secondary Education and Higher Education (Universities, Polytechnics and Vocational Education).
Because we are concentrated on Higher Education; in Belgium, it is run by two communities, the Flemish and French Communities. while the German speakers normally enrol in the French Universities. Because of its complexity, on average, the German undergraduate program lasts for about 3 years while some schools in Flemish communities’ programs last for a year while you can take a master’s program is completed.
Why School in Belgium?
Why so many foreign students go to Belgium for studies, has to do with the series of benefits and opportunities students get. Belgium has a record of providing the best and standard education, that is widely recognised worldwide.
Most Belgian Universities are ranked top in world listing; in a recent ranking by Webometric, the Catholic University of Leuven is ranked 80th in the world. while others ranged from 100 to 300.
Also, Belgium Universities’ fees are quite reasonable, foreign students could be paying around 900 Euros to 6000 euros for a year. While the cost of living in Belgium is quite reasonable but would likely consider shared apartments or a students’ hall. Unless you wouldn’t want to be around the city.
Belgium is a place with beautiful side attractions to combine fun and study as the lifestyle is great in Belgium. Lastly; it is a great opportunity for work after study, though you would need a work permit and job offer to stay back in Belgium, while you work on Your Permanent residence.
Best Schools In Belgium
Most Universities in Belgium are listed in the first 100 to 500 universities in the world, and at least 7 universities have been ranked. these rankings are based on their web appearance, scholarly works and others. Here is a list of Belgium’s Best Universities;
- Catholic University of Leuven: in a recent ranking, it was ranked among the first 100 world’s best Universities, it is also known as KU Leuven. The Catholic Research Institute is located in Leuven, Belgium and was established in the year 1425. It is an intensive research institute and the best in Belgium.
- Ghent University: Belgium has quite a several great schools, Ghent University was founded in 1817, located in Ghent, Belgium. The public school is one of Belgium’s largest schools, highly research-intensive.
- Universite Catholique de Louvain: Established in 1425, is a French Catholic school and also the largest French-Speaking University located in Louvain de Neuve. The school is best-ranked as one of the best universities in the world for Philosophy and Theological Studies.
- University of Antwerp: Antwerp is a result of three universities merging up in 2003. Antwerp is one of the most recognised public universities in Belgium, with the location in the city of Antwerp. Antwerp’s research work is one of the best in the world and is best known for drug discovery and others.
- Universite de Liege: Here is another major university in the French community. Established in the year 1817, located in Liege, Wallonia, Belgium. The public university has been ranked among the world’s best universities. the university is also involved in a wide range of scientific research.
- University Libre de Bruxelles: The French speaking community has a quiet number of universities, as the Public University is located in the city of Brussel, Belgium. it was founded in the year 1834.
- Free University of Brussels: The university was founded in 1971, and has its campus in the urban city of Brussel.The University has a large number of programs also known for Art and Sciences. it is has been ranked number 5 in Belgium and the top university around the world.
- Hasselt University: Hasselt University is a public university in the city of Hasselt, it is also a good research institute that has been ranked one of the best in Belgium and among the first 500 universities around the world. Hasselt was established in 1971.
- University de Mons: This is a Belgian university that was founded as a result of a merger. The Engineering Faculty of Mons and the University of Mons-Hainaut. it was established in 2009. it is one of the youngest and most well-recognised universities in Belgium and around the World.
- Universite de Namur: Universite de Namur has a large number of programs. It is one of those Private-owned catholic universities created in the year 1831. it is located in the city of Namur, Belgium. also has good research work.
Other great schools in Belgium include;
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp
- Vlerick Leuven Gent Managemet School
- Centre for European Policy Studies
- Hogeschool Gent
- College of Europe Bruges
- Royal Military Academy of Brussels
- Thamos More Hogeschool
- United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies
- Universite Saint Louis Bruxelles
- Artesis Plantain University College
Added Information: To gain admission into any Belgian University, you would need to provide some documents. All are in PDF format. They include; A diploma, Certificate or Transcript, Language Certificate, Certificate Payment of an administrative fee, Passport Information and Motivation Letter.
Belgium is one of the most advanced countries to study, with a beautiful environment and a safe place. Also, it is stated that students from other parts of the world are attracted to the low tuition fees.
Most of these Belgian Universities are ranked among the first 500 universities in the world. They have not just proven to provide quality training but also promise a promising future for students. As their Curriculums can equate to the standard provided in countries like the USA, the UK, and others.
So Belgium is a great choice for study.