Best Schools To Study Physics In Canada- A lot of development we have in the world today is as a result of the subject of physics. Gadgets like television, radio, computers and even nuclear weapons would not have come up, if there was no physics. The truth is, there are still more things to discover and develop, so physicists will never go out of job. So if you are planning to study physics especially in a beautiful country like Canada, you are very much on track!
We have listed 50 best schools to study physics in Canada. You will also be learning about different career path you can follow in the field of Physics.
Best Schools to Study Physics in Canada
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- University of Montreal , Montreal
- University of Alberta, Edmonton
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa
- McGill University
- University of Calgary, Calgary
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo
- Dalhousie University, Halifax
- Queen’s University, Kingston
- Simon Fraser University, Burnaby
- Western University, London
- Laval University, Quebec City
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
- University of Victoria, Victoria
- University of Guelph, Guelph
- University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
- Carleton University, Ottawa
- Concordia University, Montreal
- University of Windsor, Windsor
- University of New Brunswick , Fredericton
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Oshawa
- University of Regina, Regina
- Lakehead University, Thunder Bay
- St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish
- University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Sherbrook, Sherbrook
- Brock University, St Catharine’s
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo
- Trent University, Peterborough
- Laurentian University, Sudbury
- University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres, Trois-Rivieres
- Saint Mary’s University, Halifax
- University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg
- Acadia University, Wolfville
- Bishop’s University, Sherbrook
- Brandon University, Brandon
- Campion College, Regina
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey
- Macewan University, Edmonton
- Mount Allison University, Sackville
- Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston
- The University of British Columbia, Okanagan, Kelowna
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops
- Trinity Western University, Langley
- University of Moncton, Moncton
- University of New Brunswick (Saint John), Saint John
- University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown
- University of the Fraser Valley, Abbotsford
- University of Toronto
The university has a strong reputation in the world of physics which makes it one if the best schools to study physics in Canada. It was established in 1827 in Ontario. It is the oldest university in Ontario. University of Toronto operates through 7 colleges and each of the college offers physical sciences. At the university of Toronto, you can earn a Bachelor of Science with options in physics, chemistry, statistics and other science subjects.
The department of physics is under the faculty of science and arts and is located in the McLennan Physical Laboratories in downtown Toronto. Undergraduate physics programs are being held at St. George campus.
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver
The university which was established in 1908 is one of the oldest in the British Columba province. The university runs its academic programs via two campuses: main campus in Vancouver and another in Kelowna.
The department of Physics and Astronomy is situated in the Vancouver campus. As a physics student, you can never be bored on this campus. This is because Vancouver campus is quite close to a lot of beaches and has some interesting views of the North Shore mountains. Life is a mixture of academics and some leisure at this campus.
Both students and staffs at this department are actively involved in research. There are some options available in the physics department and they include Astronomy, biophysics, Engineering physics, etc.
Graduate programs are also available in the physics department with lots of focus on gravity, medical physics, particle physics, cosmology etc.
- University of Montreal
University of Montreal was established in 1878. It is a Canadian Public French-language instituition. Faculties at this university include Arts and Sciences, Education, Law, Medicine, Theology, Social Work, Architecture, Criminology. The faculty of Science houses the department of Physics. The physics department offers specializations in Geophysics. Geophysics is concerned with the study of the basic principles of physics in geology.
- The University of Alberta, Edmonton
The university of Alberta was established in 1908 as a public research university in Alberta. Students at the University of Alberta have the opportunity to learn in a supportive, lively and enabling environment. The university supports research and creative activity in a large way. This is one of the best schools to study physics in Canada.
The department of physics at the university covers different fields of study such as hypotheses about tiny subatomic particles, astronomical-scale investigation of the universe, etc. Common areas of research in the department of physics include Computational Physics, Biophysics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Geophysics, Space Physics and Space Physics. Students at the University of Alberta get real work experience while studying.
- University of Ottawa
University of Ottawa is a co-educational and also a bilingual university. It is the largest English-French bilingual university in the world. The university ranks as one of the best universities in Canada and also one of the best schools to study physics in Canada.
The department of physics at the university offers programs in Astrophysics. Astrophysics is that aspect of physics that deals with the study of the physics of the universe, its physical properties such as density, temperatures, celestial bodies, etc.
- McGill University
One interesting thing about McGill University is the support they give to students both local and international students. There are two types of scholarship they give to students: One-year Scholarship and major scholarship. Academic programs are provided through a number of faculties in the institution including the faculty of science.
The faculty of Science houses the department of Physics. The department runs both undergraduate and post-graduate programs. The honors and major program are the two main undergraduate program run at the department. The honors program is very specialized and highly demanding too. It is designed for students who wants to take up a career in academia, industry or preparing for graduate school.
- University of Calgary
It is a public research university established in 1944. The institution offers over 250 programs across 14 faculties and over 85 research institutes in the university. The faculty of science offers different science courses including Physics.
You have the opportunity to study biophysics at the university of Calgary. Biophysics is that aspect of physics that is concerned with application of the principle of physics in biology. Biophysics is applicable in Ultrasound, laser, X-rays, radiography, etc.
- University of Waterloo
The university was established in 1959 in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. There are three satellite campuses and four affiliated university colleges. University of Waterloo is famous for its academic programs, excellent teaching and research methods.
There are 6 faculties in the university that offers different academic programs. The faculty of Science offers 21 programs, each with a number of majors. Physics as a course of study has 4 majors: Life Physics, Physical Sciences, Physics, Physics and Astronomy. Waterloo university is one of the best schools to study physics in Canada. Students taking physics programs have opportunities to make serious inquiries about light, shadow, galaxy and others.
- Dalhousie University
It is a public university established in 1818 in Nova Scotia, Canada. The university is excellent when it comes to delivering quality education and conducting cutting-edge research activities.
There are 12 faculties in the university including the faculty of Science. The faculty of science houses the department of Physics and Atmospheric Sciences. Students at the department have the opportunity to work closely with professors in research activities. Students get mentored by these professors also in academic work.
- Queen’s University
Queen’s University was established in 1841 as a public university. It is a co-educational institution with over 23,000 students. The institution is categorized into a number of faculties. These faculties include Arts and Sciences, Education, Engineering and Applied Sciences, Health Sciences, Law, School of Public policy, School of Business.
The department of physics at this university gives students the opportunity to specialize in atomic physics. Atomic physics is the study of the structure and properties of atoms.
Careers in Physics
Physics is a major branch of science that is concerned with the physical laws governing matter. Physics seeks to understand the behavior of the universe. While studying physics in school, you can specialize in the following aspect: Astrophysics, medical physics, nuclear physics and theoretical physics. As a graduate of physics, you can work as a:
- Data Analyst
- Technical Author
- Nuclear Engineer
- Chartered Physicist
- Acoustic Consultant
- Nano Scientist
- Materials Specialist
Canada is a great country to study, there are a lot of opportunities there for you while studying and even upon graduation. So start up your career today in the physics world today by choosing a school to study. I wish you the very best.
Hope you got some value from this article on best schools to study physics in Canada?
- www. collegedunia.com – Top Physics Universities/Colleges in Canada
- www. gotouniversity.com- Best Universities in Canada for Physics Degree by US News Ranking
- www. studyingincanada.org- Best Universities in Canada for Physics Degree by US News Ranking
- www. timeshighereducation.org- Best Universities For Physical Science Degrees In Canada 2022
- www. universitymagazine.ca – The Best Physics Schools in Canada 2021
- University of Surrey Scholarships
- Top 5 Best School Districts In Oregon
- Top 15 Best Shoes For School Students