Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2022… Applications are currently open for aspiring students to apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships which happens to be one of the best scholarships in Europe.
This scholarship opportunity is offered by the Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities to citizens of some chosen countries who aspire to undergo their full-time Master’s degrees in Scottish universities.
Additionally, this opportunity is open to students in the field of;
- Creative industries
- Medical sciences,
- Renewable and clean energy.
The targeted students for this scholarship are those who have the zeal of becoming an influential leader with a wide range of interests from fields other than their field of studies, alongside an inborn passion for personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships Level/Field(s) of Study?
Level of Study:
This scholarship is for intending MASTER students. That means the level of studies offered here is MASTER studies.
Field of Study:
As earlier stated, only aspiring master’s students of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare, and medical sciences, or renewable and clean energy can apply for this.
That means you will be undergoing studies in any of the above-mentioned fields of study.
- The International Scholarships Available For African Students all over the Planet- Including Canada 2022/2023
How Many Scholarship Slots are Available?
From my research, it’s come to our notice that there are about 50 available slots for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships.
Whoops!!! The opportunity is quite massive.
Citizens of Which Countries are eligible for this Scholarship?
Nationals of the below-listed countries are 100% eligible to apply for the ongoing:
- China (Hong Kong inclusive)
So if you have seen your country of citizenship in this ist, then you can go ahead to apply for this scholarship.
- Complete Funded Google PhD Fellowship Program For 2022
- The Low Tuition Medical Institutions to Study in Canada
How Much is Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship Worth?
If you are luckily selected as an awardee for this scholarship, you will be entitled to the sum of £8000 which is to be used for your tuition fees for the period of 1 year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any higher education institution that’s located in Scotland.
However, additional incurred costs and expenses are the sole responsibility of the student. This simply means that the scholarship value is £8000.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships General Application Requirements
To be considered fit for this scholarship opportunity, the applicant must meet the following criteria.
- Be a postgraduate studies candidate/student
- Be a citizen of the scholarship eligible country which are; India, Pakistan, Japan, China (including HongKong), Canada, or the USA
- The applicant should be someone who has not received any scholarship offer from Saltire Scholarship
- Be a Science, Medical Science, Technology, Healthcare, Renewable & Clean Energy, or Creative Industries student.
- Be someone who has not studied before in a Scottish university
- Applicant must prove the availability of finance for payment of the remaining tuition fees and cost of living in Scotland
- Have received a conditional or unconditional offer. This has to do with a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be procured physically in Scotland or through distance online learning or it may be through a combination of both
- Saltire scholarship applicants are usually requested to make known to the scholarship organizing body the reasons for studying in Scotland and the proposed benefits of the selected course by him/her
- Applicant must meet the language requirements of the course.
- Must complete an application form online and submit it before the deadline.
- Exhibit the character of leadership
- All saltire applicants will have to show his/her willingness and the needed interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that follows the scholarships
Required Documents for Satire Scholarships
- Your undergraduate Certificate Copy
- Copies of all your acquired educational docs
- Scholarship Application Intent Letter
- Application Resume for the Scholarship
- Study Plan Essay
- Statement of purpose
- English language certificate
- Valid passport of at least one year of issuance
- A motivation letter stating your motive for applying for this
IS Saltire Scholarship Fully Funded?
This scholarship is aimed at helping you cover the partial tuition fees while you pay the remaining fees by yourself.
The scholarship aren’t renewable and are given once in the complete on-campus PG study at a Scotland university.
Saltire Scholarships Application Procedure
Application for this opportunity is done online.
However, the application process should start after you must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course because the Reference number will be required from you.
The application form demands three essays of 250 words each against questions that are;
- The reasons for choosing Scotland and the particular institution and program you wish to study.
- Demonstrate how Saltire Scholarships can help you in the future and how you can help in promoting Scotland for higher education
- Demonstrate the experience and skills possessed by the applicant in communication (both written and presentation) and while working with others.
In a brief saying;
- Go to the scholarship’s official webpage
- Fill out the Saltire scholarship application form
- Make sure to have filled the mandatory spaces
- Attach the required documents with the application form
NOTE: Each of the universities has its set deadlines for Saltire scholarships. So do well to check the deadline for the institution you wish to apply for.
It is also important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Holland Government Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023
- 15 International Scholarships for Nigerians to Study in Canada this Year 2022
- List of Best Investing Courses in 2022
- 18 Cheapest Colleges to Study in Canada for International Students
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships Participating Universities
|Robert Gorden University||Abertay University||University of West Scotland|
|Edinburgh Napier University||Glasgow Caledonian University||University of Strathclyde|
|Glasgow School of Art||Heriot-Watt University||University of Highlands and Islands|
|Open University||Queen Margaret University||University of St. Andrews|
|Royal Conservation of Scotland||SRUC Scotland’s Rural College||University of Stirling|
|University of Edinburgh||University of Aberdeen||University of Glasgow|
|University of Dundee|
When is Saltire Scholarship Closing Date?
The deadline for submission of applications for the Saltire scholarship is 31 May 2022 (Annually)
YabaCampus.Com is wishing you success in your academic pursuit. So, if you have any questions pertaining to this scholarship, do not hesitate to use the comment section below to contact us