Best Self Help Books for Men – When life gets hard, it’s important to have an arsenal of self help books that can guide you through difficult periods in your life. If you’re currently struggling with depression, anxiety, or any other mental health issues, reading the right book can be just what you need to come out on top again.
Unfortunately, there are thousands of self help books out there, with new ones being published every day. To help you decide which ones are worth reading, here are the 10 best self help books for men.
10 Best Self Help Books for Men to Read
1. You Are a Badass®: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – Jen Sincero
You Are a Badass is one of the most popular self help books on the market and for a good reason. Jen Sincero helps readers change their mindset and approach life with positivity and confidence. This book is perfect for both men and women who want to learn how to be their best selves and live an awesome life, it is full of inspiring stories, sage advice and easy exercises that will help you change your life around for the better.
2. Unf*ck Yourself: Get out of Your Head and into Your Life – Gary John Bishop
We all have that little voice in our head that tells us we’re not good enough, that we can’t do something, or that we’re going to fail. Unf*ck Yourself is a self help book that helps you silence that voice and take control of your life. Gary John Bishop breaks down the process of getting out of your head and into your life with tools and devices needed to cut off the slags making you lag behind in life.
3. Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical & Financial Destiny! – Anthony Robbins
In Awaken the Giant Within, Anthony Robbins provides a step-by-step program teaching readers how to take control of their lives. He covers topics such as decision-making, financial destiny, goal setting, and living with purpose. This book is perfect for men who are looking to make a change in their lives and take control of their destinies.
4. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World – William H. McRaven
Admiral William H. McRaven’s book, “Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World” is a great read for anyone, especially men. In it, McRaven talks about the importance of doing the little things in life that make a big difference. He shares stories from his own life and military career that illustrate how paying attention to the details can change the course of your day, your life, and even the world.
5. Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds – David Goggins
In Can’t Hurt Me, David Goggins details his incredible journey from a struggling childhood to becoming a US Navy SEAL and one of the most accomplished athletes in the world. This book is perfect for men who want to better themselves, as it shows that anything is possible with enough determination. Goggins’ story is truly inspirational and will leave you feeling motivated to take on whatever challenges come your way.
6. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life – Mark Manson
If you’re someone who struggles with anxiety or overthinking, then this book is definitely for you. It has helped many people change their perspectives and live happier life. This book is all about learning to focus on what truly matters and letting go of the rest. It’s a great read for anyone who wants to improve their mental health and well-being.
The book is written by a blogger turned author Mark Manson, you will be shown how to cut through the crap and give less f*cks when not needed.
7. Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behaviour – Dr Mark Goulston
Suppose you’re struggling with negative thinking, procrastination, envy, obsession, anger, self-pity, compulsion, neediness, guilt, rebellion, counterproductive habits, or feelings of low self-worth. In that case, this book will give you the tools you need to get out of your own way and start making positive changes.
Dr Mark Goulston and co-author Philip Goldberg draw on their experience as a psychiatrist and spiritual counsellors to provide readers with a step-by-step plan for overcoming self-defeating behaviours.
8. The Man in the Mirror: Solving the 24 Problems Men Face – Patrick Morley
If you’re a man looking for some guidance, look no further than The Man in the Mirror. In this book, Patrick Morley dives into the 24 most common problems men face and offers ways to solve them. You’ll learn how to be a better husband, father, and friend, and how to achieve success in all areas of your life.
The book is divided into six sections: Identity, Relationships, Money, Time, Temperament and Integrity problems. No matter what type of man you are or what you hope to accomplish in life, this book has something for everyone.
9. Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking – S.J. Scott
It’s normal if you occasionally feel overwhelmed or start worrying, but too much of it is not good. S.J. Scott’s book is full of tips and tricks on how to declutter your mind and stop worrying.
He offers readers techniques on how to relieve anxiety and eliminate negative thinking. This book is perfect for men who want to improve their mental health and wellbeing. It can help a man in crisis or one with bad habits as well.
10. Getting Past Your Past: Take Control of Your Life with Self-Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy – Francine Shapiro
If you’re looking for a book that will help you take control of your life and get past your past trauma, then look no further than Francine Shapiro’s Getting Past Your Past. This book offers self-help techniques from EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy that has been proven to be effective in treating a variety of issues, including PTSD, anxiety, and depression.
No matter what your goal is, whether it’s improving your relationship, advancing your career, or increasing your financial success, there is a self-help book out there that can guide you. If you’re feeling lost, helpless, or just need some direction in life, check out these 10 best self-help books for men. You may just find the answers you’ve been searching for.
- Best self help books for men – Manofmany.com
- You Are a Badass®: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – Jen Sincero – Amazon.com
- Unf*ck Yourself: Get out of Your Head and into Your Life – Gary John Bishop
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical & Financial Destiny! – Anthony Robbins – Amazon.com
- Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World – William H. McRaven – Amazon.com
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds – David Goggins – Amazon.com
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life – Mark Manson – Amazon.com
- Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behaviour – Dr. Mark Goulston – Amazon.com
- The Man in the Mirror: Solving the 24 Problems Men Face – Patrick Morley – Amazon.com
- Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking – S.J. Scott – Amazon.com
- Getting Past Your Past: Take Control of Your Life with Self-Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy – Francine Shapiro – Amazon.com