SeoulTech University Scholarships – The University is a private university located in the heart of Seoul, Korea. It was first founded in 1990 as a vocational college and officially became a University in 2002. Under the name of Seoul Institute of Technology, it initially had only one campus, but with the introduction of its Bachelor’s degrees, it has since expanded with three additional campuses within Seoul.
SeoulTech is an innovative institution for technology education and research endeavors. Faculty members will give lectures to students on their respective fields and play an active part in undergraduate curriculum development to bring cutting-edge knowledge from research into classroom teaching. Also, faculty members will engage in academic and professional exchanges with leading universities around the world, as well as provide international students with opportunities to study and work in their research environment.
The undergraduate curriculum is designed to provide both core knowledge in engineering and specialized knowledge in one of the following majors: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Students can choose three different areas of concentration: Telecommunications (ET), Control & Instrumentation Technology (CIT), or Micro & Nano Systems Technology (MST). A student can change his/her areas of concentration once a year during his/her undergraduate period. The curriculum combines aspects of science and engineering for a better understanding of engineering principles.
Master’s programs are designed to provide students with advanced knowledge in their respective fields. Students will select a major and minor, just as they did in their undergraduate years. In addition, they will be allowed to participate in a prestigious General Management program, which complements and enhances their professional experience with the development of skills needed for future leadership positions.
SeoulTech is home to a diverse population of international students from around the world. We offer a wide range of services including on-campus dormitory housing, support services for international education exchange programs, language support programs, and cultural events.- SeoulTech is a member of EC and AACSB International.
The scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students who will study in the undergraduate or master’s programs, or participate in the general management program.
Admission requirements are as follows:
- Applicants should be International (Non-Korean) citizens;
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record (GPA of 3.00/4.00);
- Applicants should be coming to Seoul Tech with a full scholarship;
- The applicants must also be interested in staying abroad for a short period after graduation and contributing to global development.
The scholarship covers tuition and miscellaneous fees. Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree in any field of studies, such as computer programming, mathematics, or engineering. Applicants must be enrolled full-time at SeoulTech University to qualify for the scholarship, but they are not required to take classes while enrolled in the scholarship program. Their application will also be assessed by an off-campus interview. Students who want to become language instructors or private English teachers can apply for scholarships to learn these fields at SeoulTech University. The scholarship covers tuition and miscellaneous fees for four years of study with a chance for renewal upon successful completion of that period.
Summary Of Details of the SeoulTech University Scholarships
The Korea Technology Foundation provides three scholarships for full-time undergraduate students who are non-Korean nationals and have never had any Korean education to study the Korean language, and culture and a one-year master course at SeoulTech.
SeoulTech University is offering three full-tuition scholarships for undergraduate students from non-Korean nationalities who want to study the Korean language.
Scholarship Host Country: Korea
Host University: SeoulTech University Scholarships
Course level Available: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
To be funded by: SeoulTech University Scholarships
The deadline for application is December 2022
Documents Needed to Apply for SeoulTech University Scholarships
The documents needed to apply are:
- Foreigner’s Certificate
- Original and photocopy of your passport or alien registration card
- Photocopy of your national identity card
- Photocopy of criminal record (for students under 20)
- A personal history questionnaire was completed by two people in the applicant’s family, and a family history questionnaire was completed by four people in the applicant’s family
- A certified copy of the high school graduation diploma or certificate
- Two letters of recommendation from those who can attest to the applicant’s academic abilities.
Eligibility Criteria for SeoulTech University Scholarships
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- Must be a permanent resident of the Republic of Korea
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in the SeoulTech University program
- Must not have completed the course in which you are applying for a scholarship by July 31, 2020
- Required GPA must be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (this includes your last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours)
- Required letters of recommendation from professors, advisors, faculty members, OR personal statement
- Required letter of application and resume
- All documents must be submitted to SeoulTech University Scholarship Directors
How to Apply for SeoulTech University Scholarships
Here are the steps to applying:
- Verify your citizenship
- Submit a 500-word essay about where you’ve found your passion in life
- Provide 3 references
- Complete the application form and submit it online
- Provide a copy of your high school transcript
Fields of Study at the SeoulTech University Scholarships
The available fields of study are:
- Arcane Descriptions
- Artifice Sciences
- Astrology (Political/Aetherial)
- Chemistry and Physics
- Computational Dependence
- Computer Science
- Crystal Sciences
- Economics and Management of the Household
- Engineering (Mechanical) – Agricultural, Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, System, and Control Engineering)
- Engineering (Nuclear) – Mechanical or Nuclear; Clinical or Medical; Specialist or Generalist)
- Engineering (Petroleum) – Chemical, Civil or Petroleum; Specialist or Generalist)
- 18 . Engineering (Punjab)
- Engineering (Water and Soil) – Chemical, Civil or Geological; Specialist or Generalist)
- Environmental Science
- History of East Asia and North Korea
- Information and Communication
- Information Systems Management
- Korean Traditional Learning
- Landscape Architecture
- Law (Criminal, Labor, Intellectual Property, Tax)
- Management Science and Engineering (Agricultural/Food Processing; Chemical/Biochemical; Computer Software; Construction; Educational Services; Environmental/Ecological; Financial Services; Generalist)
- Manufacturing Management (Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical)
- Mathematics – Applied or Pure Mathematics Studies, Discrete or Continuous Mathematics, or Probability and Statistics Studies)
- Mechanical Design & Theory
Benefits of Studying at SeoulTech University Scholarships
The benefits are:
- The scholarship is open to international students who want to pursue their higher education in South Korea, so they can study and work in a country on the rise.
- You will have access to the same courses taught at prestigious universities such as MIT or
- You will have access to cutting-edge research and development in technology, design, and the industrial industry.
- You will be able to develop a better understanding of the culture and language, which will allow you to interact as an active member of Korean society.
- You will have career opportunities in Korea and abroad.
- You will have ample opportunities to work at leading firms in Korea’s high-value-added industries.
- Companies in the technology sector are showing accelerated growth, so studying at SeoulTech University can help you gain the skills that many companies are looking for.
In conclusion, the SeoulTech University Scholarships offers a great opportunity for students to have an unforgettable education experience in Korea. The SE80 scholarship also provides a wonderful chance for students to cultivate their understanding of Korean culture and learn more about the country through innovative educational methods like international classes and multicultural programs. All this is offered at an affordable tuition rate in exchange for meaningful teaching, research, and personal growth opportunities at SeoulTech University.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the tuition fee in Seoul National University?
International tuition 6.33 million KRW
Is Seoul Tech and Seoul National University the same?
Seoul National University of Science and Technology (abbreviated SeoulTech) is a national university located in Nowon-gu, Seoul, South Korea.