Apply For Singapore International Graduate Award | SINGA 2023
Apply For Singapore International Graduate Award/ SINGA 2023_ The SINGA scholarship board is now open to online applications for its merit-based award available for international students who have remarkable academic records. SINGA program draws the excellent minds across the globe to continue their PhD program in the outstanding institutions of higher education in Singapore.
All the graduate students can now pursue their PhD in the area of science and technology under this international scholarship that is fully-funded to be read in one of the most academically advanced countries in the world. This international graduate award is slated to run full-time as a research scholarship in which the scholars will be supervised by top-class monitors and peers which helps the fellows to attain excellence in each of their respective research work and areas.
SINGA is looking at inviting students who are from different backgrounds while bringing Singapore into being a talent hub zone . SINGA is working as a linkage binding the exceptional minds of the world and Singapore. Students from across the world get a chance to earn their doctoral certs in the schools like the ‘National University of Singapore’ , ‘Nanyang Technological University’, and the Singapore University of Technology, Singapore Management University.
The Singapore International Graduate grant is awarded in collaboration of these above mentioned universities and the Science agency. So, the students who have a high interest in doing research which will earn them a PhD in science and Engineering are warmly encouraged to apply for this award. The Singapore Government Scholarship students will be continuing their research work in the advanced and artistic labs of the Research Institutes all in Singapore.
Moreover, they will be taught on how to co-exist in a diverse environment with multicultural views while learning with students and mentors coming from different nationalities. Besides the academic benefits, each fellow will be given access to real-life experience, they will learn how small countries can be transformed both economically and socially through empowerment. The time-range of the fellows stay under this PhD scholarship program which is four (4) years gives fellows enough time to explore on the every sector of country ranging from either cultural, economic, educational, political and socials. They will also get an overview on how Singapore has attained the level of being a gateway for many of the fast-growing economies which are in the Asia Pacific regions. Thus, this international PhD award by SINGA will be providing the international students with lots of useful experience that they employ as a tool for positive change in their native homes/countries.
This fully-funded scholarship in Singapore is a special program because it gives PhD certificates directly after the end of the bachelor’s program. Moreover, it is not mandatory that the candidates who have finished their masters can not apply to it, instead, the SINGA program also invites the students who have rounded-up their masters studies to go on with their PhD ( note that this have some exemption for some courses which the candidate who rounded up bachelor have to read in order to finish their PhD studies). So, the international scholarship available in Singapore gives every ease to the candidates to key into the SINGA program in order to fulfill its aim of bringing talents from countries spread throughout the world . One good news for fellows in the SINGA program is that they will be receiving their degree completion certificates from top universities in collaboration with the scholarship board ( that is NUS, SMU NTU, and SUTD)
Singapore International Graduate Award- SINGA2023:
Host Country: Singapore
Host Laboratories: A*STAR Research Institutes,NUS, SUTD or NTU.
Scholarship Offered By: This scholarship is provided by the Agency for Technology, Science, Research in Singapore.
Course Levels Available: PhD/Doctorate
Course Duration: 4 Years.
Financial Coverage and Benefits To Gain From The SINGA Award 2023:
The Singapore Government Scholarship students will be continuing their research work in the advanced and artistic labs of the Research Institutes all in Singapore. They will also be taught on how to co-exist in a diverse learning scene with multicultural views while learning with students and mentors coming from different nationalities. Apart from the academic benefits, each fellow will be given access to real-life experience, they will learn how small countries can be transformed both economically and socially through empowerment. The time-range of the fellows stay under this PhD scholarship program which is four (4) years gives fellows enough time to explore on the every sector of country ranging from either cultural, economic, educational, political and socials. Here are the Financial benefits to gain from this program;
- The SINGA program will see for the full tuition fees of the scholarship holders.
- The fellows in SINGA program will be granted a monthly stipend of $ 2,000.This monthly stipend will be topped to $ 2500 after the student gets qualified for the first examination.
- The fellow will also be given a one-time airfare grant up to S$ 1500.
- The fellows in SINGA will be getting a one-time settlement grant which is worth up to S$ 1000. The settling-in grant/allowance will be given to fellows for up to S$ 1,000.
Eligibility Criteria For Applications Into Singapore International Graduate Award 2023:
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria as set by the scholarship board;
- The candidate applying to this program must be an international student.
- The applicants is expected to have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants is expected to show/have excellent academic results.
- Each candidate applying to SINGA 2023 must also be proficient in the English language. The SINGA program does not need any specific certificate from candidate to proof their English Language Proficiency as the selection team would access every student during the interview. However, any English Language Cert can be a necessity if the individual university requires it.
- Singaporean citizens or persons who already have rounded-up their tertiary education in Singapore can not apply.
- The applicants who are applying to study a master’s program are not eligible. The program is for Only the candidates who wish to pursue their Ph.D. in the areas of science and engineering.
- PhD courses in the areas of social sciences, humanities, economics, etc are not available at this scholarship, any candidate which such subject area is not fit to apply.
Application Process Flow For Singapore International Graduate Award
- The candidates seeking to secure a slot at the SINGA 2023 will have to submit the necessary application details online.
- The candidates are expected to select the research projects by searching for the projects from the “Go to Research Areas” at the application website https://www.a-star.edu.sg/Scholarships/for-graduate-studies/singapore-international-graduate-award-singa
- The referees are expected to send the reference letters of students directly to SINGA.
- The application process will be initiated once not less than two reference letters is received by SINGA.
- The Soft copies of every required documents is to be uploaded to the online application portal before deadline.
- Applicants who are submitting their online forms through the SINGA portal are not expected to apply again on university portals (separately).
- Try to upload all your application documents at least two (2) weeks before the last date of application because once the application is submitted the student’s referees relieve an email which will take about 7 days to get completed and sent as a reference letter.
- The candidates are informed to make elaborate explanations of their research proposals in the application forms. The candidate is free to submit more than one (or up to 3 ) research proposals. There is no advantage you get from contacting the supervisor in order to apply for SINGA.
- The candidates can select programs in any field of interest available for PhD degree studies and there is no law mandating that they follow the major in bachelors. Documents Required for Applications into the Singapore International Graduate Award:
- One copy of your valid passport. ( A recent passport-size photo, it should be in either JPG or PNG format)
- All the student’s academic transcripts that are translated into the English language.
- The letters of recommendation ( which is to be submitted by the referees online).
- An English proficiency cert (not mandatory, if required by the university you are applying into then make provisions for it).
The last date to apply for the SINGA research scholarship available in Singapore is on the 1st of December, 2022.
This international scholarship available in Singapore is a very nice opportunity to utilize as it gives every ease to the candidates to key into the SINGA program in order to fulfill its aim of bringing talents from countries spread throughout the world.
Make sure to apply as early as possible as the program has granted a long period for online applications. Also upload all your application documents at least two (2) weeks before the last date of application because once the application is submitted the student’s referees relieve an email which will take about 7 days to get completed and sent as a reference letter. Good luck!