South African Students Vow To Personally Shut Down Schools On Monday (PICS)


ATTENTION!!!

GET ALL THE LATEST BBNAIJA 2021 SEASON 6 UPDATES, GISTS AND TRENDING STORIES... JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP -BBNAIJA 2021 SEASON UPDATES HERE

Amid the corona virus pandemic, students in South Africa have threatened to shut down any school that reopens in the country. The South African Govt had announced school resumption from Monday the 15th of June 2020. Dissatisfied by this development, the Congress of South African Students (Cosas) says it will be “shutting down all schools” from Monday, 15 June 2020.
“We want to put it on record that we are not giving anyone an option but we are taking a radical approach, we will save the lives of innocent scholars by hook or crook,” it said in a statement.
Cosas said it would mobilise at a The Congress of South African Students (Cosas) says it will be “shutting down all schools” from Monday, 15 June 2020.

“We want to put it on record that we are not giving anyone an option but we are taking a radical approach, we will save the lives of innocent scholars by hook or crook,” it said in a statement.

Cosas said it would mobilise at a school in Cape Town where it believed a Covid-19 case had been reported, “from there we will move to any other school that is operating”.

Last week, a group of Cosas-aligned protesters forcefully removed pupils at various schools in Bloemfontein (Free State province).

They demanded that Covid-19 tests be made compulsory, before pupils return to school, which reopened last week.

On Friday, Free State education minister Tate Makgoe tweeted: “We don’t agree with Cosas’ approach to disrupt our schools. In the province, more than 2.2-million people have been screened and 31,000 tested. It will be impossible to test every learner and teacher in our schools. The country does not have that capacity.”

READ ALSO:  Obama Foundation Scholars Program at University of Columbia, USA – 2021/2022 AdmissionDeadline

“As the department, we won’t force parents to send learners to school but rather encourage them to do so. Learners will always be screened, social workers and health officials are available should any challenges occur. Every school is linked to a health clinic.”

On the first day of schools reopening for just grades 12 and 7 last week, he said about 95% of pupils and educators had reported to school on the first day without any challenges.

However, 77 schools in another province, the Eastern Cape reported confirmed cases of Covid-19. Half were closed for deep-cleaning. in Cape Town where it believed a Covid-19 case had been reported, “from there we will move to any other school that is operating”.
Last week, a group of Cosas-aligned protesters forcefully removed pupils at various schools in Bloemfontein (Free State province).
They demanded that Covid-19 tests be made compulsory, before pupils return to school, which reopened last week.
On Friday, Free State education minister Tate Makgoe tweeted: “We don’t agree with Cosas’ approach to disrupt our schools. In the province, more than 2.2-million people have been screened and 31,000 tested. It will be impossible to test every learner and teacher in our schools. The country does not have that capacity.”

READ ALSO:  President Biden cancels travel ban on Nigeria


“As the department, we won’t force parents to send learners to school but rather encourage them to do so. Learners will always be screened, social workers and health officials are available should any challenges occur. Every school is linked to a health clinic.”
On the first day of schools reopening for just grades 12 and 7 last week, he said about 95% of pupils and educators had reported to school on the first day without any challenges.
However, 77 schools in another province, the Eastern Cape reported confirmed cases of Covid-19. Half were closed for deep-cleaning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *