How To Study In Korea’s Global Cyber University-If you want to go to the Korea’s Global Cyber University and you are looking for information about the institution, then you have stopped at the right place.
Just like some other top universities in South Korea, the Korea’s Global Cyber University is always among the top universities and it has never left the national rankings of the top universities of South Korea.
The university is an international community of people that are dedicated to creating a better world. They train students to have a global mindset that will enable them become problem solvers and find long lasting solutions to problems facing the Earth and humanity.
About Korea’s Global Cyber University
The university does well to promote the Hallyu culture or K-Culture around the world. The Korea’s Global Cyber University is also known as BTS University abroad. Among the seven members of BTS who became global sensations, six of them were students from the Global Cyber University.
Also, many Korean stars lead Hallyu culture at the Global Cyber University. The university is an educational institution that is based on the Hongik ideal. This philosophy is at the very heart of the culture. It is not just a philosophy for Koreans but it is also a philosophy for everyone.
This philosophy forms the basis of the Korea’s Global Cyber University’s educational pedagogy which is Hongik in korea.
Is the Korea’s Global Cyber University Accredited?
Yes, the university is fully accredited. The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and also the Higher Education Act accredited the university as a 4-year course university.
This includes thre departments and six majors (Department of Human Services, Department of Global Management and Department of Cultural Contents) were all established.
What Programs At Offered At The Korea’s Global Cyber University?
The university is known as a global professional institution for higher education in the 21st century and it is dedicated to discovering and nurturing cultural talent.
With this mission, they plan to establish themselves as an alma mater at the center of world cultural exchange.
They achieve this through the following program:
- Brain Education Convergence
- Practical English
- Counseling Psychology
- Entertainment and Media
- Sports and Health
- Dementia Care
- Global K-Culture
- Convergence Management
- AI Convergence
- Convergence Contents
- Oriental Studies
- Interdisciplinary major
How To Get Admission Into Korea’s Global Cyber University
The Global Cyber University admissions at processed in Korean and all courses are taught in Korean too.
They don’t have any language requirements and so you don’t have to provide your scores on a Korean language proficiency test.
But it is important to speak and understand Korean to an extent as this will allow you to make the most of your classes, exams and assignments.
Here are some of the admission requirements for First year, second year transfer and third year transfer students.
Admission Requirements For First Year Students
- High school graduate (or expected graduate)
- Must pass the high school equivalency test
- Must have an educational equivalent to the above by law
Admission Requirements For Second Year Transfer Students
- Applicants must have graduated from college and have the equivalent educational background under the law.
- Those applicants who have completed at least two semesters of college and have earned 35 or more credits.
- Those applicants who have earned 35 or more credits under the Act of Credit Recognition.
Admission Requirements For Third Year Students
- Those applicants who have graduated from college and have the educational equivalent background under the law
- Those applicants who have completed at least four semesters of college and have earned 70 or more credits
- Those applicants who have earned 70 or more credits under the Act on Credit Recognition.
General Eligibility Criteria And Special Admissions
Students will be accepted under special admissions when the applicant’s special career (life experience) and conditions are in accordance with certain guidelines.
Applicants who meet the common requirements and qualifications above and want to apply for special admissions must meet the following conditions in order to be accepted.
Eligibility Criteria For Transfer Students
- Credits will be accepted once the associate department has submitted and reviewed the transcripts from the previous college.
- Second-year transfer students can receive up to 35 credits and third-year transfer students can receive up to 70 credits.
- Depending on the previous university’s field of study and the transfer department’s field of study, credits are recognized as a cultural choice, primary choice or general choice courses.
- Course notes are not accepted and only course credits are accepted.
- The remaining credits that are not accepted as primary and cultural elective credits are considered general elective credits.
How To Apply For Korea’s Global Cyber University Admission
After enrolling in the semester courses, students are required to pay tuition fees. Registration is carried out according to a defined period and procedures. Students can only modify or cancel the courses they have chosen during the course correction period.
These are the steps you should follow if you want to apply for admission into Global Cyber University
- Go to https://go.global.ac.kr/
- Fill out the application form completely and save it
- Make application fee payment (KRW 30,000)
- Fill out study plan and Academic Aptitude Test
- Submit online application
What Are The Required Documents?
- Official entire years of transcripts for high school (Translated and notarized)
- For those that graduated in different countries for elementary school, middle school and high school, you need to submit all official transcripts of them (elementary school, middle school and high school).
- Official High School Diploma (Translated and notarized)
- Official Agreement for Enrollment and Academic Credits (Attached file).
- Academic History Verification Report or the Verification of Apostille.
- Please contact education-related public institutions or the applicant’s embassy or consulate for information about the Academic History Verification Report.
- A 3×4 inches of applicant’s photo
- Online GCU Application Form
- Copy of passport.
The scholarship will be informed with the individual request right before filling out the application.
Is The Korea’s Global Cyber University Expensive?
The Global Cyber University is a new school and so it is not really expensive. Their tuition is somewhat affordable for any student on a low budget.
Below are the standard tuition fees of Global Cyber University:
- Entrance fee: KRW 166,000
- Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
- Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000.
You can pay either through credit cards or wire transfers.
What Is The Ranking Of Korea’s Global Cyber University?
Global Cyber University is ranked as one of the top universities in South Korea and it is ranked high for its ability to help people reach their full potential.
They have turned these teachings into a dynamic personal development system that helps people around the world to live better lives.
In July 2018, the university received an award for excellence for the “Emotional Labour Healing 365Campaign” which has been running continuously for the last four years from Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency.
Globally, the Global Cyber University ranking is 4,741 and 80 in the country rankings.
We have poured out all the necessary information you need to know about the Korea’s Global Cyber University and if you want to get more information, you can visit the school’s official website https://go.global.ac.kr/ .