The Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF) as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, provides financial support for 2500 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Kaduna State origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the award of scholarships.
HONNIF wishes to ensure the effective participation of Northerners in decision-making, particularly in the political, economic, and socio-cultural areas.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2021
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Type: Undergraduate and Higher National Diploma program
Value of Awards: N30,000
Number of Awards: 2500
Eligible Field of Studies: Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Administration, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Sciences & Technology, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Veterinary Medicine courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
- Applicants must be an indigene of Kaduna State,
- Applicants must have Credit in 5 “O” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Applicants must not be more than 27 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic.
- Applicants must have received an offer of admission into a full-time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Applicants must satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as full-time students.
Application Process: Qualified and interested candidates should visit https://www.honnif.com/scholarship.html, click on Apply Now and follow the instructions for the completion of the online application. Candidates should also download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B for completion and also take an online test.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following.
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Result Slip
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student’s Identification Card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address)