Tara Fela-Durotoye is a Nigerian and the founder/chief executive officer of “House of Tara International” which is a beauty/makeup brand making waves all over the world in the industry.
The owner of this brand started her enterpreneurial journey in 1998 when she was 20 years and still an undergraduate Law student. Yes, Tara was a law student and at the same time acquiring a vocation skill training at Charles Fox where she learnt how to be a makeup artist, she sees this as an opportunity and take hold of it.
She afterwards founded the brand HOUSE OF TARA INT’L and with hardwork and focus, house of Tara International is now a company with different streams of beauty activities like The Make-up Studio, The Make-up Academy, and the Tara product line which comprises of product lines and makeup kits. The brand specialize mostly in distribution, retail, and channel management of cosmetics.
The company had branches in Senegal, Benin, Ghana and more countries.
Tara has received lots of excellent awards and recognitions to her name which includes but not limited to;
- Creative Business Award of the Year
- Success Digest in 2008
- Best Innovative Idea by Nigerian Event Awards in 2011
- Forbes List: 20 Young Power Women in Africa in 2013
- The award of excellence for Social Impact and Job Creation 2019
- A National Recognition by the Vice President of Nigeria
Indeed, tara has prove to all the young persons out there that they can start from somewhere and still make it big.
- “I only read my books the night before exams” Babcock Best Graduating Student
- “I was broken at some point” Ghanian Lady Bags PhD With Numerous Achievements
- “The journey was rough and tough” Nigerian Graduate As He Wins Erasmus Mundus Scholarship