Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships Now Ongoing: Temple University is a public research university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded in 1884 by Russell Conwell, a Baptist minister and former student of Yale University, who served as its first president. The university is one of the largest employers in Philadelphia and has produced numerous notable alumni.
The Temple Owls compete on the NCAA Division I level (FCS for football) in 20 varsity sports including baseball, basketball, cross-country running, football, golf, and soccer. Temple was one of the eight universities to be named an Elite Eight school by U.S News & World Report in 2018.
The National Coalition for Urban School Reconciliation (NCUR) at Temple University is an organization that addresses issues related to urban education by attempting to attune conversations about educational inequality to the specificities of urban life.
About Temple University
Temple University in the USA is one of the best and most prestigious universities in the world. The university offers undergraduate and graduates degrees across 135 different departments in four schools, so students can easily find a program that interests them. For example, Temple College has 2,000 undergraduate students from over 150 countries who study across 90-degree programs and 78 minor concentrations.
A number of their programs have been ranked among the best five or 10 programs nationwide. For example, their most popular program is the Bachelor of Science in Psychology. The undergraduate program receives 8,000 applications every year and takes about two months to process.
Since Temple University accepts international students, it also accepts a small number of students from the EU, Canada, and China.
Also, there are more than 800 transfer students who are admitted to Temple University each year from community colleges and other universities. All applicants should apply through the Common Application each year. Some undergraduate programs require SAT scores for admission consideration; however, non-SAT test-required programs like Econometrics & Financial Analysis Minor only ask for ACT scores for admission consideration.
Temple University is committed to providing opportunities for qualified students who would like to earn a degree from Temple University, study overseas with tuition remission, or participate in an academic stay during which they will conduct research while living and working with other students on campus.
Thousands of students apply for the merit scholarship every year. There are more than 20000 applicants who apply for the scholarship. The total amount of scholarship given to the applicants is USD 500000 (Five hundred thousand US dollars) per year. There are even more applicants who do not get the opportunity to secure a spot at Temple University.
21000 international students applied in 2010 and there were only 487 spots available. The result is that 22% of the applicants did not even get a chance to apply for the merit-based scholarships program that offers full scholarships without any obligations. So this shows how competitive it is for students to secure a spot at Temple University, Philadelphia.
Summary of details of Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships
What are Merit Scholarships?
Each year, Temple University in Philadelphia awards Merit Scholarships to qualified students who show academic excellence and extracurricular enrichment. The scholarships can range from $1,000 to $5,000 per year with annual renewal available.
The scholarship covers the actual tuition cost for the student, plus room and board.
The scholarship also includes an annual stipend of $12,000 per year that is intended to cover other living costs as well as to contribute to a health insurance plan.
In addition, the scholarship provides funds for graduate school in case you should choose that route after undergraduate school.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on academic performance and financial need.
Students must demonstrate exceptional academic talent, strong interpersonal skills, and financial needs.
Study Abroad scholarships are also available for students who wish to spend a semester or an academic year at one of Temple University’s partner universities abroad.
The largest study abroad program among American universities the study abroad program at Temple University offers students an opportunity to earn credits while studying in other countries.
Documents Needed to Apply for the Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships
The documents are:
- A current, scanned high school transcript
- An essay of 500 words or less stating your career goals.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or employers
- Proof of SAT/ACT scores for admission test for freshmen only
- A personal statement about why you should be considered for a merit scholarship.
- A copy of your high school diploma.
- A copy of your transcript.
Eligibility Criteria Needed to Apply for Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships
To be eligible:
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country other than the United States
- The applicant must have completed at least one year of college in that country and be attending classes for the equivalent of at least one additional year
- The applicant must have a return airfare ticket to join their family abroad but not for the duration of their stay in America.
- Applicants can also qualify if they live abroad or are on an approved gap year program.
How to Apply for Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships as International Students
Here are the steps to apply:
- Search for Temple University in the USA and find courses offered by the university online.
- Choose a course that you are interested in learning about, either online or on campus.
- Apply to take a course by filling out an application form and submitting it via email to the department of your choice with your expected start date as well as your qualifications and relevant experience if you have any background in that field of study.
- If accepted into the program, pay for tuition through one of the Temple U International Scholarship program programs listed on the university’s website.
Application Deadline for Temple University Merit Scholarship
The application deadline for the 2023 Temple University Merit Scholarship is Monday, October 15th. This scholarship is a chance for undergraduate students to earn $5,000-10,000 towards their degree. To be considered for this scholarship students must submit a 1-2-page essay on how they hope to use the scholarship after graduation and what they will put into it once awarded.
Benefits of Studying at Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships as International Students
The benefits of studying at Temple University in the USA are:
- 33% of the class consists of international students
- Temple is ranked 3rd for international student satisfaction
- The tuition fee for an international student is $14,750 per year (approximately $10,000 less than the average cost of an American Ivy League University) and there are merit scholarships available for academic excellence.
One thing to remember is that there are many benefits to studying at Temple University in the USA as an international student. The university offers merit scholarships to the best-performing students and 33% of the class is comprised of foreign nationals. In addition, Temple ranks higher among international students than any other U.S. public university and is one of the most expensive universities in the US.
In conclusion, Temple University in USA Merit Scholarships is one of the most prestigious scholarships available for international students. It is a part of the Temple International Scholarship Program and it acknowledges exceptional academic talent. International students are eligible to apply to the program, and they can visit their school website for more information on requirements, deadlines, and other details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Merit scholarships range from $1,000 to full tuition. Eligibility can include a student’s academic, artistic or athletic accomplishments. In most cases, a student’s financial need will not determine a student’s eligibility for a merit scholarship.
We’re looking for students who are serious about academics, with at least a B average in high school classes and in the GPA 3.0 range for college-prep courses. The average high school GPA for the fall 2022 incoming class was 3.42.