The University of Anglia Master Scholarship for international students provides the best way to gain a quality education, learn about UK culture and society, and prepare for a lifetime of career opportunities.
The school has awarded more than £150 million in scholarships since 2012, with funding from all over the world. They are also committed to supporting students from all backgrounds, with half of our current undergraduate intake receiving a scholarship or fee waiver.
The University of Anglia Master Scholarship is open to international students from any country that has not been classified as in the top tier by the international rankings organization Times Higher Education (THE). These scholarships are tenable at Anglia Ruskin University’s UK campus as undergraduate degree courses or postgraduate master’s programs.
- Tuition Fee for international students
The University of East Anglia (UEA) will be charging tuition fees for its postgraduate students, as high as £9,250 per year. The university is one of the country’s most prestigious institutions, but this move follows similar pressure from other institutions who are seeking to charge students for their degrees—largely in response to the large fall in government funding.
- Scholarship Award
Fees are payable by individuals who have applied themselves successfully for these scholarships and will be awarded on merit. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements on academic criteria, English language competence, and financial need before being considered for these scholarships.
- Fields of Study
The University of Anglia Scholarship is available for international students who have been classed as:
highly qualified for entrance to undergraduate degree programs in the following fields, based on their academic results provided during the application process, which will help them to achieve their potential and realize their potential within the University of Anglia, with particular focus on those in these fields:
- Engineering and technology
- Computer Science
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Applied Sciences
Scholarships are open to any non-EEA student who has not been ranked in the top tier by the international rankings organization Times Higher Education (THE).
The University of East Anglia, the UK for Master Bursary Trust International Bursary
A master’s degree from the University of East Anglia, UK is a great start to your international career and will provide you with many benefits. It will help you take your career to the next level and give you opportunities not just in Europe but all over the world.
To get this excellent education, one only needs ten thousand euros (approximately R32 000). Furthermore, if you’re a South African citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the country for less than five years full-time, then this scholarship can provide an opportunity for you to pursue an MSc with us.
- What qualifies you?
To qualify for the university east Anglia bursary, you must be a South African or African citizen or permanent resident who has been living in the country for less than five years full-time. You must hold a degree (BSc or equivalent) from a recognized university and have an upper second-class honors degree (or an equivalent qualification) in any discipline. You also need to demonstrate your motivation, drive, determination, and leadership skills.
- Eligibility criteria for international students
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be
must also have completed, within the last two years of starting your application process with us, either one of the following:
- English language requirements:
- Evidence of your ability to study at a high level in English is required for our English language requirements. One of the following can be demonstrated:
You will be required to demonstrate your English language ability during the online application procedure.
For international students, you are advised to check that your qualifications are acceptable for direct entry onto your chosen degree course at UEA. This is particularly important if you have undertaken your first degree outside the UK. You should also check whether you must take additional courses before commencing your MSc program, or whether there are any other pre-requisites (for example, certain professional qualifications such as accountancy).
Admission Requirements for The University of East Anglia Bursary
Here is a comprehensive list of the documents needed to apply to the University of East Anglia, UK for the Master 2022 Norfolk Gardens Trust International Bursary.
- You need to be a citizen or permanent resident of the United Kingdom. You must have achieved a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree and meet the intellectual requirements for the course you are applying to.
- You must be able to provide evidence that you can pay tuition fees and living costs through sponsorship, scholarships, personal funds, or workplace assistance.
- You cannot have reached your 28th birthday by September.
- You must be available for interviews in November and you must attend the university on a full-time basis from September.
- You cannot apply to start your degree program until you have gained your sponsorship.
- You must also have a student visa.
What do you need to apply for an international student visa?
You need a full application form, which you can download from the University of East Anglia’s international students pages or order online from their website. Make sure you fill in all the required sections, including your details and English skills, and sign and date the form. You will also have to pay a non-refundable fee of $50 (£30), payable by credit card.
Documents Needed to Apply for the University of East Anglia Scholarship
You may send all the documents listed below (except reference letters) directly to the bursary department or upload them onto their online application platform.
- Application form
- The University information sheet
- Personal statement (CV)
- References letters *see note below*
- Proof of age
- A copy of the passport or birth certificate
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residence:
- Academic transcript(s) without fail For best results, print out all pages, including pass/fail grades and attendance records if available.
- Any other documents that are relevant, such as certificates and diplomas, proof of employment, and so forth, need not be submitted at the initial stage but must be sent to the university.
- Your bank statement confirms your sponsorship funds.
Note: Please ensure that the reference letters are written on company letterhead and signed by a director or senior management position.
Each reference must be no more than 2 A4 pages long, and you must provide contact details of the referees in case the university needs to get in touch with them directly.
For example, email address, phone number, fax number, post office box, and so forth. You need to give the referees at least 2-3 weeks to write these letters, and they may not have time when you are applying just 3 months away from your desired start date.
The Benefits of Studying at the University of Anglia
- One of the best things that a student can do is to do their research at the University of East Anglia.
- As a student, you will have access to all types of materials that can help you with your studies.
- You will be able to print out any type of material that you need and read it at home or in class.
- You will also be able to work on group projects with other students from around the world, which can provide an international atmosphere when studying abroad.
We hope this comprehensive article has revealed all the reasons why you should consider studying at the University of East Anglia! Studying here is not only extremely convenient, but it also offers many benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bursaries enable bright and talented children of less well-off families – those who would otherwise not be able to afford the fees – to attend private school. For the most suitable candidates, bursaries can be worth up to 100 per cent of fees – and in some cases, if they cover trips and uniform, even more.
You could get a bursary worth up to £1,200, depending on your circumstances and benefits.
- Queen Elizabeth Scholars-West Africa Program
- Bond University HDR Scholarships in Australia