United Bank For Africa (UBA) 2020 Foundation essay competition for Senior Secondary School students commences – See Application Details, Deadline, Eligibility and Requirements
United Bank For Africa (UBA) Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has announced the commencement of the 2020 edition of its annual National Essay Competition in Nigeria, with a call for entries. The essay will be organized by the National Essay Competition (NEC), which is a part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative, and it is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
This year’s edition has been modified to ensure ease of access and increased participation of senior secondary school students from the comfort of their homes through the introduction of a digital submission portal.
The Foundation has also increased the prize money for the 2020 edition of the NEC as the first prize winner will get an educational grant of N2.5m, up from N2m in 2019. The second and third prize winners will now receive N2m and N1.5m educational grants respectively, from N1.5m and N1m which were awarded in the previous year’s competition.
Application Deadline: October 2nd, 2020
Number of Scholarships: 3
Value of Awards: The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N2.5 million educational grant,
while the second and third prizes are N2 million and N1.5 million in educational grants respectively.
- Applicants must be a Secondary School Student
- Applicants must submit a handwritten essay
- Applicants must submit a passport photograph
- Applicants must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessement.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
or Post to
UBA House (15th Floor)
or Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.
Visit The UBA Official Website For More Information