Universities in Nigeria that accept 120 JAMB cut off mark
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination is an important exam because it is the next step any person who wants to attend a higher learning institution in Nigeria needs to take.
Every year after the JAMB examination, the board gives a cut-off mark for universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education according to the performance of participants that year. This can affect candidates who have a low score and cause them to reseat the examination the following year. Fortunately, they are universities that accept students with scores as low as 120.
In this article, we will list the universities that accept the “120” JAMB cut-off mark.
What is a JAMB cut-off mark?
A JAMB cut-off mark is the least examination mark a Candidate needs to score to be qualified for admission into any University, polytechnic, or college of education in Nigeria.
So, if a candidate scores less than the cut-off mark, they will not be eligible for admission to any Nigerian higher learning institution. But in some cases, Higher education institutions are allowed to choose their cut-off marks higher than the cut-off mark given by JAMB.
Universities in Nigeria that accept 120 JAMB cut off mark
Below are universities, Polytechnics, and colleges of education in Nigeria that accept the 120 JAMB cut-off mark.
- Yobe State College of Agriculture, Gujba, Yobe state
Yobe State College of agriculture was founded in 1965 as a farm institute. It is also one of the higher learning institutions in Nigeria that accept the 120 JAMB cut-off mark.
This college offer certificate courses, practical courses, and a higher national diploma (HND).
Some of the programs and courses they offer are Certificate in Environmental Management, Certificate in Poultry Production, Certificate in Forestry Technology, Certificate in Home Economics and Nutrition, Certificate in Computer Applications and Appreciation, Certificate in Fisheries Management Techniques, Advanced Certificate in Horticulture and Landscaping, Animal Health Technology (HND), Animal Production Technology (HND), Agric Extension Management (HND), Crop Production Technology (HND), Forestry Technology (HND), Pest Management Technology (HND), Fisheries Technology (HND), Agric Business Technology (HND), Forestry Management Resources (practical course), Forestry Management Resources (practical course).
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta state
Western Delta University is a Nigerian university located in Delta state. It was established in 2007 by a set of Urhobo scholars under the sponsorship of the Urhobo Advancement Foundation (UAF).
This university was officially accredited as a private university in 2007 by Nigeria’s Universities Commission (NUC).
- Wesley University, Ondo, Ondo state
Wesley University was established in 2007 by the Methodist Church of Nigeria. This private university is located in Ondo State and was fully accredited in 2007 by National Universities Commission (NUC).
Full educational activities began in October of 2008 at Wesley University.
- Wellspring University, irhihi-ogbaneki, benin city, edo state
Wellspring University was established in 1983 by a Professional Training and Educational Consulting Firm called Management Science Centre.
This private university was given a provisional license to operate as a private university in Nigeria in 2009.
- Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua, Gombe state
The Umar Suleiman College of Education was formerly called Advanced Teacher’s College, Gashua. It was established in 1986 in Gashua, Gombe State, and is affiliated with the University of Maiduguri to provide programs leading to Bachelor of Education.
Some of the courses offered by this university are Education and Islamic Studies, Biology Education, Physical And Health Education, Islamic Studies, Primary Education, Education and Economics, Kanuri Home Economics, Education and Mathematics, Integrated Science, Chemistry Education Agricultural Science, Fine And Applied Arts, Social Studies, Education and English Language, Education and Physics, Education and French, Business Education, Education and History, Primary Education Studies, Special Education, Early Childhood Care Education, Arabic, Education and Hausa, Education and Geography, Christian Religious Studies, and Computer Science Education.
- Summit Univerity, offa, Kwara state
Summit University is a private university located in Offa, Kwara State, Nigeria. It was established in 2015 by a Muslim organization called Ansar-Ud-Deen Society of Nigeria.
This private university officially opened its doors in 2016 to students. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Arabic Studies, Islamic Studies, English and Literary Studies, Economics, Business Studies, Political Science, and Accounting.
- St Mary Polytechnic, kwamba, Suleja, niger state
St. Mary Polytechnic is a private polytechnic that offers a national diploma and higher national diploma in computer science and other courses.
This private university is located in Kwamba, Suleja Niger State, Nigeria.
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun state
Southwestern University is a private university in Ogun State, Nigeria without any religious affiliation. It was founded in 2012.
This private university offers bachelor’s degrees in courses across Arts, Sciences, technology, and Social and Management Sciences, among others.
- Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto
The Shehu Shagari College of Education is one of the colleges of education that accepts the 120 JAMB cut-off mark. It was founded in 1970 and is located in Sokoto State, Nigeria.
This school, before 1995 was formerly known as Advanced Teacher’s College. It is also affiliated with Usmanu Danfodiyo University and Ahmadu Bello University for its degree programs (Bachelor of Education, (B.Ed.)).
Some of the courses offered at the Shehu Shagari College of Education are Education and Arabic, Education and Chemistry, Technical Education, Early Childhood Care Education, Education and Biology, Integrated Science, Fulfulde, Education and Geography, Education and History, Computer Education, Education, and Social Studies, Hausa, Education and Economics, Islamic Studies, Education and Mathematics, Business Education, Primary Education Studies, French, Physical and Health Education, Agricultural Science and Education, Education and Integrated Science, Fine And Applied Arts, Education and English Language, Home Economics and Education, Special Education, Education, and Islamic Studies, and Chemistry.
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe, Anambra state
Nwafor Orizu College of Education was established in 1976 and is located in Nsugbe, Anambra State, Nigeria. It was formerly known as the College of Education Nsugbe.
- Mcpherson University, Seriki sotayo, Ogun state
McPherson University is a private Christian university established in 2012 by the Foursquare Gospel Church.
This school is located in Seriki-Sotayo, Ogun State, Nigeria. It is licensed to offer programs that award Bachelor of Science and Arts, Masters, and Doctoral Degrees.
McPherson University is affiliated with the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) and has three colleges.
College of Humanities (COLHUM), College of Social and Management Sciences (COSMAS), and College Of Natural and Applied Sciences are the three colleges at McPherson University.
Some of the courses offered by this private university are Software Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Microbiology Biochemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics Statistics, Nursing Science, Medical Laboratory Science, College of Social and Management Sciences, History and International Studies, Religion and Peace Studies, English Language, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Mass Communication, Economics, Marketing, etc.
Other universities that accept the 120 JAMB cut-off mark.
- School of biomedical engineering, University of Benin teaching hospital, Benin
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo state
- Rivers State College of health science, Ikwerre rd, rumueme, Port Harcourt
- Renaissance university, Ojiagu-agbani, Enugu, Enugu state
- Novena University, Ogume, Delta state
- Mohammed Lawan college of agriculture, Maiduguri, Borno state
- Kogi State College of Education (Technical), Kabba, Kogi state
- Kings University, Ode-omu, Osun state
- Kashim Ibrahim College of Education, Maiduguri, Borno state.
- Kano State polytechnic, Kano, Kano state
- Kalac Christal polytechnic, 1a Sikiru Adewale str, sangotedo, Lekki, Lagos state
- Ipere college of education, Agyaragu, Nasarawa state
- Ibom institute of management and technology, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom state
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo state
- Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina, Katsina state
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun state
- Festmed college of Education, Ajowa, Ondo state
- Federal polytechnic, Oko, Anambra state
- Federal College of horticulture, Dadin Kowa, Gombe state
- Federal College of forestry technology, Ibadan, Oyo state
- Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu, Enugu state
- Federal College of Education, Abeokuta, Ogun state
- Federal College of Education (tech.), Umunze, Anambra state
- Federal college of education (tech.) (women only), Gusau, Zamfara state
- Federal College of Educ. (special), Oyo, Oyo state
- Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi state
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta state
- Diamond college of education, Aba, Abia state
- Crown Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara state.
- Corona College of education, Lekki, Lagos state
- College of Education, Oju, Benue state
- College of education, Katsina-ala, Benue state. (affl to univ of calabar)
- College of education, Gindiri, Plateau state
- College of education, Gidan-Waya, Kafanchan, Kaduna state
- Coal City University, Enugu, Enugu state.
- Clifford University, Owerrintta, Abia state.
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu state
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos state
- Biga college of education, arkilla, federal-low cost, Nasarawa, Sokoto state
- Arthur Jarvis University, akpabuyo, Cross River state.
- Arabic and Islamic college of education, Potiskum, Yobe state
- Angel crown college of education, Gidan-daya, FCT-Abuja
- Adeleke university, Ede, Osun state
- Adamawa State polytechnic, Yola, Adamawa state
- Achievers University Owo, Ondo state
- Abubakar Tatari Ali polytechnic, Bauchi, Bauchi state
- A.D. Rufai College of Edu. For legal and Islamic studies, Misau, Bauchi state
- Sure Foundation Polytechnic, Ikot Akai, Akwa Ibom state
- St. Augustine’s college of education, Akoka, Lagos
- Arthur Javis University, Cross-River State
Note: Always check the website of each university, polytechnic, and college of education before applying to make sure that they still accept the 120 cut-off mark.
Getting a low score in JAMB is not the end of the world. Some universities will accept you. So, apply to universities that accept your JAMB score or wait another year.
We hope you found this article on the list of universities that accept the 120 JAMB cut-off mark helpful.