University Of Alabama Scholarships is currently ongoing for both domestic and international students, offering unique programs which allow students to work and study full-time.
The public University is located in the United States, in Tuscaloosa, and is open to receiving many international students through its scholarship programs.
There are so many programs at the University with unique opportunities that give students a chance to explore. Some of these programs are;
The Honors college program; This program comes with some advantages like living and studying with the honors students and attending events with them while enjoying the benefits that come with the lifestyle.
The University Scholar program; allows students receive a Master’s or Doctorate credit In their senior year. Courses that students take in their senior year will be, therefore, count towards their graduate degree.
The Football Program; while some students may not be interested in or like football, the rules and game make the whole experience worth the while.
Dedicated to excellence, research, and service, the University of Alabama provides an environment that nurtures and teaches interested candidates who want to make a difference in their community,
Here are some of the courses and degrees available;
- M.A in American Studies
- M.A Anthropology
- M.A Clinical Mental Health counseling
- M.A Communication studies
- M.A Economics
- M.Sc Geography
- M.Sc Geography – Earth Systems Science
- M.Sc Geography – Environmental and Natural Resources
- M.Sc Geography – Environment and Society
- M.Sc Geography – Geography Information Science
- M.A German
- M.A Political Science
- M.A psychology – Clinical Gero-psychology
- M.A psychology – Clinical child psychology
- M.A psychology – clinical health psychology
- M.A psychology and law
- MPA Public Administration
- M.A Rehabilitation counseling
- M.A Women’s Studies
- M.A Educational leadership
- M.A Educational Psychology
- M.A Elementary Education
- M.A English as a second language
- M.A Health Education and promotion
- Master in Higher Education Administration
- Master in Human Development and family studies
- M.A Instructional technology
- M.A Kinesiology (General Studies)
- M.A School Counseling
- M.A secondary Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education
- M.A Secondary education Science
- M.Ed Secondary Education Science
- M.A Special education
- MMA Accounting
- M.B.A in Business Administration
- M.Sc in Business Analytics
- Consumer Sciences (family Financial Planning)
- M.A Educational Leadership
- M.A Educational Leadership (instructional leadership)
- M.Sc in Human Environmental sciences
- M.A Management
- M.A Management (Global Business Management)
- M.Sc Management Information Systems
- M.Sc marketing
- M.A Operations Management
- MPA Public Administration
- Master in Sport Hospitality
- Master in Tax Accounting
- M.A Consumer Sciences
- M.sc Human Nutrition
- M.A Kinesiology (general studies)
- M.Sc Population Health Sciences
- M.A psychology
- MPH Public health
- M.Sc Rural Community Health
- M.A English Literature
- MFA Creative Writing
- MFA dance
- M.A German
- MM in Music
- M.A Religion in culture
- MFA theatre
- M.Sc Applied Statistics
- M.Sc Biological Sciences
- M.Sc Biology
- M.Sc Chemistry Engineering
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Ed Secondary education Science
- M.Sc Finance
- M.Sc Apparel and textiles
- M.A Art History
- Master in Book Arts
- Master in choral conducting
- Master in Musicology
- M.A studio Art
- MFA Theatre
- Master n Marine science
- M.A Journalism and Media
- Postgraduate certificate in Conflict resolution
The scholarships awarded are based on the scores of your SAT or GPA result. Offering a scholarship amount of about $26,000 per year, there are other benefits included depending on the course and year of study.
Automatic Merit Scholarships
As a candidate applying for a scholarship into the University of Alabama main campus, you will receive an automatic merit scholarship through December 15 if your enrollment falls in the springtime and May 1 if enrolling for the summer semester.
They’re about a thousand more scholarships awarded by the University to aid students with learning. Some of these scholarships are;
Education Future International Scholarship
Awarded to students who want to study a Bachelor’s or Master’s course, the University has made the scholarship available for all courses. It Is open to Indian nationals and partially funded.
Throlson American Bison Foundation scholarship
The courses available in this scholarship are Livestock Studies, Animal Science, Veterinary Agriculture, Accounting, Ag-econ, and Human Nutrition. It is open to US nationals and partially funded for Bachelor’s and master’s programs.
Aside from the university-based scholarships, other organizations offer scholarships in form of fellowships, trusts, and grants through associations, corporations, and sponsors. Here is a list of the scholarships;
Fulbright Scholarships For Norwegian Students
The scholarship is open to Norwegian students who want to pursue a Masters or Ph.D. in any subject of their choice. The value of the scholarship is about NOK100, 000. The deadline for application is Oct 11. To apply for this scholarship, you must possess the basic requirements needed;
- Three reference letters
- Character prints
- Any invitation letter from the host institution for Ph.D. students only
Fulbright Scholarships Program in the USA for UAE nationals
The courses that this scholarship covers are in all fields except for medicine, clinical, and nursing. To be eligible for this opportunity, students must be UAE nationals, must be a graduate willing to earn a Master’s degree, and should be eligible for a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa.
Other documents needed are;
- Resume or CV
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Academic statements with 600 words
Full bright Program For Citizens of Afghanistan
Citizens of Afghanistan are offered a master’s or Ph.D. degree program in any subject area sponsored by the U.S Government. To be eligible, applicants must have an official TOELF test score of at least 80 for a Ph.D. program and 75 for a master’s.
Students receive grants for coursework and a monthly stipend to cover other expenses and school trips.
IWMF Howard G. Buffett Fund
The IWMF scholarship is a partially funded scholarship that is open to women journalists of all nationals.
Boehringer Ingelheim Fond PhD Fellowships
Boehringer Ingelheim Fond fellowship is a partially funded scholarship for biomedical research and is open to citizens of all nationalities. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants should be 27 years and above and must also be in the field of basic biomedical research.
Documents required qualifying for this scholarship;
- Candidates should include the title and summary of the Ph.D. project in a maximum of about 1,400 characters
- Candidates should also list all the publications he is holding
- Candidates should also possess all academic qualifications including certificates
- Candidates should also have recommendation letters from the supervisor of the Ph.D. thesis, diploma, and another thesis.
Miller Institute For basic research in Science
Aimed at the post-graduate studies for post-graduate students, the scholarship is a partially funded award for nationals who have an interest in Basic science courses. The deadline for this scholarship application is 12 September and covers $75,000 funding.
To be eligible, candidates must hold a doctoral degree.
Teacher Education Assistance for college and Higher Education (TEACH GRANT)
Partially funded with an amount of $4,000, the scholarship covers a Bachelor’s and master’s degree in the subjects offered by the University. This scholarship is open to US nationals and accompanied by Federal student Aid.
To be eligible;
- Candidates who are willing to take coursework that trains them to be elementary or secondary teachers are welcome
- Candidates must agree to serve for a minimum of four years as a full-time teacher
- Candidates must be participating college achievement trainees
University of Alabama Undergraduate Scholarships
Centaline Charity Fund scholarship
The Centaline Charity scholarship offers a bachelor’s degree in any field of study and is partially funded. It is open to students from Hong Kong. The application deadline is August 2022.
IREX international undergraduate students’ scholarships
The scholarship is fully funded and comes with living expenses, insurance coverage, and accommodations for international students from all nationalities.
Saints Michael College Scholarship for international students
Saint Michael College currently offers courses for Bachelor’s degrees to international students other than in the US. Partially funded with a $1,000 tuition fee, the deadline for the scholarship is November 2022.
James j and M Joan Stukel scholarship
Open to all nationals who choose to earn a degree in Liberal Arts and Science programs, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. Running for four years, the scholarship is partially funded with an amount of $2,000.
University of Alabama Engineering Scholarship
For students planning to major in Engineering, this scholarship is split into two parts.; the Engineering Leadership Tier, Dean’s Engineering Excellence Tier. Each scholarship is partially funded with different SAT score requirements.
How to Apply for the University of Alabama Scholarship
To apply for any of the scholarships listed above, you should look out for the degree and course of your choice before applying any. However, the basic information documents that are needed are;
- Recommendation letters
- Letter of purpose
- A valid passport
- Passport photographs
- A motivation letter
- Standardized Test scores like SAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, etc
For more information on scholarships, kindly follow yabacampus.com
Frequently Asked Questions
The University of Alabama has one of the most generous scholarship programs in the United States for both US students and international students! US students are eligible for up to full tuition and one year of boarding, and on top of that, $8,500 stipend for the first year, and $18,500 for years 2-4
It is never too early or too late to apply for scholarships. To stay up-to-date with current scholarship opportunities, check out our scholarship search tool.