University of Derby International Excellent Student Scholarship 2023: The University of Derby was created in 2009 and is a part of the University of Derby Group. With a growing reputation as one of the UK’s pioneers in distance learning, it is now home to more than 2700 students from all over the world. It has an international focus and offers some inspiring degrees that are open to international students, including International Nursing Studies (Diploma), Law Management (Diploma), and International Business Administration (BA).
If you fancy changing your location for university in 2019, then this could be your opportunity. The University of Derby has been ranked 57 in the UK rankings for 2017. The Guardian university guide ranked the university as the 18th best in 2013 and received over 8,000 applications for admission during this time.With a good reputation, you can be assured that the University of Derby will provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable environment to study in. The many facilities on offer at The University of Derby include 114 halls of residence and 310 sports facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, steam rooms, saunas, and an indoor sports hall.
The University of Derby offers several interesting degree courses in a variety of different fields. The university is particularly strong in the business and law sectors, as well as having a real focus on health sciences.
The University of Derby is a member of the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the Association of Business Schools, and the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA). Chartered Membership is open to graduates of the University of Derby.If you would like to apply for this, just visit the “Apply Now” page on the university’s website and complete your application.
The scholarship is sponsored by the University of Derby and is available to excellent international students. The scholarship amount varies and is dependent on the course you study.
The University of Derby International Excellent Student Scholarship is available to international students who are studying at the university and will be graduating in any year from now until 2023. The scholarship amount varies depending on your chosen course, but it should be noted that this scholarship funds tuition fees only, with no accommodation or living expenses included.
The University of Derby has already granted over £2 million to students, and since 2011, the university has maintained a position in the top 10 out of 123 English universities with a grade point average of 3.67. Around five percent of graduates at the university will be moving overseas after graduation. By applying for the University of Derby International Excellent Student Scholarship, you could be one of these five percent who are leaving with a scholarship and studying abroad too!
Summary of the details of the University of Derby International Excellent Student summary
The University of Derby International Excellent Student (UDEIS) program is a tailor-made initiative for international students who aspire to study in the UK and make a positive contribution to our society.
The UDEIS is an intensive half-year course that introduces international students not only to the academic aspects of life in the UK but also teaches them about culture, values, and what it means to be a citizen of our country. Our goal is for every student to leave UDEIS thoroughly prepared for their chosen degree program at university and equipped with knowledge that will go a long way towards achieving their dreams.
Host country: UK
Host University: University of Derby
Program Degree: Undergraduate, Masters
Open to: International Students
Funded by: University of Derby International Excellent Student Scholarship
Documents Needed to Apply for the University of Derby International Excellent Student Scholarship 2023
The following are the scholarship application requirements:
- A letter of motivation
- A U.K. student ID card or passport
- Most recent school reports
- Latest school exam grades
- One personal reference form (signed)
- One supporting reference form (signed)
- The candidate must be a UK citizen to apply for the scholarship and must not be employed in any other capacity than as a full-time student.
How to Apply for the University of Derby International Program as an Excellent Student
Here are the steps to apply:
- The first step is to make an online account and login.
- The next step is to enter your personal information.Please note that this must be your real name, age, and nationality.
- The next step is to upload your personal statement.
- then you fill in details about your qualifications.
- The next step is to upload a scan of your passport or birth certificate.
- Finally, you need to enter any scholarships that you are applying for.
- Click “submit when done, and wait for an acknowledgement email from the Admissions team.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Derby International: Excellent Student
To be eligible, here are the criteria:
- You must first have good 3 A2 grades in one of the following subjects:Level 2 qualification or GCSE Grade C equivalent—Level 4 qualification
- You must also have a high score on our assessment test. The University of Derby admissions team will inform you of the required grade for your preferred course and, if necessary, provide you with a sample test.
- Applications for the next academic year should be made by January 31, but earlier applications will be considered on an individual basis. Applications will close when all places are filled.
- In order to apply and provide the best education possible, all international students must meet our English language requirements. For non-native speakers of English, we require IELTS exam results at:
- As stated in the International Students Policy (Section 1.5), all international students whose first language is not English will be required to achieve the following IELTS scores:
The entry requirements for the university are a high level of competence in spoken and written English. We offer a range of support to help you through your course if your first language is not English, from pre-arrival support through summer schools and lots more besides.
Benefits to Gain from Studying at the University of Derby
The benefits are:
- £9,000 a year*
- Free accommodation is offered throughout the year.
- A one-week pre-course induction in your chosen subject
- Oncampus support from university staff, including tutors and lecturers
- Placement opportunities are available through the Business and Enterprise Center.
- There are several scholarships and bursaries available to help you pay for your course fees.
- a wide range of activities and societies
- Free entry to all public university events
- Free net access
- Throughout the year*, a variety of full- and part-time courses are available, *subject to availability; **policies vary by course; **an inclusive fair use policy applies in some circumstances to material reproduced within this document.
- Study abroad opportunities are available through the Erasmus exchange program with partner universities around Europe. Online learning is also available to selected undergraduate or postgraduate students.
The University of Derby International Excellent Student Program is an international student course that will give you plenty of opportunities for your future career opportunities to grow, as well as an opportunity to build a lifelong career. The course runs for five years and is accredited by the British Council Recognition Programme, which means it will result in internationally recognized qualifications from a UK-based institution.
The University of Derby is one of the best universities around, and it shows that they are highly dedicated to their students’ academic success on top of their general excellence through the way they help prepare for interviews.
Frequently Asked Question(s)
GREAT Scholarships 2023
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Derby is offering scholarships to international students applying for postgraduate courses starting in September 2023.
Derby: One of the most affordable cities in the UK for international students. If you are an international student who wants to keep living costs low and also gain a degree which is respected all over the world, there are few better places than the University of Derby.